Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BREAKING: Burfict suspension reduced
(08-31-2017, 06:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Two years ago, Burfict just got back on the field after his knee surgery, I believe it was Foster, on a screen to Williams tried to take Burfict's knees out from the side but completely whiffed on it. Of course that was the game, innocently Burfict tackled Bell and Bell tore his ACL. I just remember that because nobody in the booth was crying foul or how dirty that was diving at Burfict's knee.

Yes, i remember that play well. Ramon was crying hard and leading the charge that Burfict celebrated the injury.

And let's be real, Burficts' real troubles started after he legally broke Bell.

Reply/Quote
So from now on, every time he has a questionable hit it's a 6 game suspension?

The NFL has it out for this guy
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 05:54 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: http://www.businessinsider.com/dallas-cowboys-players-nfl-suspensions-2017-7

Thank you for the link, that is interesting information.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 07:52 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Thank you for the link, that is interesting information.

No prob

I just can't send the fake narrative that our fans purport

'The NFL, the refs and the media are biased/out to get the poor, feeble bengals'

It's nonsense. Acting like a victim, when you are not, is such a weak and inexcusable cop out.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 05:54 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: http://www.businessinsider.com/dallas-cowboys-players-nfl-suspensions-2017-7

In fairness, the Ravens (Ray Rice), Steelers (Martavis Bryant) and Browns (Josh Gordon) all had players suspended for entire seasons or more during that time frame. Seeing how the list is organized by number of games suspended, this would skew things quite a bit. Only the top 10 teams (by games lost to suspension) were listed, so it's possible the Bengals have as many or more suspensions, but not for as many games.

It's also worth noting that Burfict is being suspended repeatedly for on-field conduct. Let me know how many Ravens, Steelers or Browns have been suspended for hits. I'm guessing 0 and I'm also guessing that none were publicly vilified.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 08:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In fairness, the Ravens (Ray Rice), Steelers (Martavis Bryant) and Browns (Josh Gordon) all had players suspended for entire seasons or more during that time frame. Seeing how the list is organized by number of games suspended, this would skew things quite a bit. Only the top 10 teams (by games lost to suspension) were listed, so it's possible the Bengals have as many or more suspensions, but not for as many games.

It's also worth noting that Burfict is being suspended repeatedly for on-field conduct. Let me know how many Ravens, Steelers or Browns have been suspended for hits. I'm guessing 0 and I'm also guessing that none were publicly vilified.

Yeah the stats about suspensions are really misleading when you consider that most suspensions come from off-field conduct like beating your wife, or drugs or rape, or assault....which is interesting that none of those guys (except Pacman) has ever been turned into the villain that Burfict has been turned into. Ray Rice got suspended and then after a little time people were ready to give him another chance. Mike Vick went to jail, and still came back to the league. People feel sorry for Josh Gordon and his drug problem...yet the guy who helps kids and is not any trouble off the field is viewed as the worst of the bunch.....because, he hits too hard and is too aggressive in a violent damn sport. That's like suspending a NASCAR driver for going to fast on the track (not pit road literally on the track). 

This is a witch hunt, pure and simple. If it wasn't guys like Mike Mitchel and Ryan Shazier would be up there next to him with fines and suspensions. Compare anything Burfict has done to the absolute cheap shot intent to injury hit the OBJ placed on Josh Norman, when he ran in and speared him in the jaw for no reason. That was handled, and swept away. Major market, big name talent.....make it go away. But that hit was more dangerous then anything Burfict has ever done.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Goodell and the NFL is a joke...

Look at the latest on zeke. Sheesh

Two suspensions, neither really legit with the facts presented. Just another day I guess.
Reply/Quote

What they get suspended for and how long also plays into it.  If you fail a drug test (repeatedly) like Bell , it is pretty cut and dry how many games you should get. 

Drugs are a long damn sight away from a judgement call suspension in my book.  Are any of these for the multiple cheap shots the Steelers inflict every year? If not then your argument does not compute. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 03:00 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: What they get suspended for and how long also plays into it.  If you fail a drug test (repeatedly) like Bell , it is pretty cut and dry how many games you should get. 

Drugs are a long damn sight away from a judgement call suspension in my book.  Are any of these for the multiple cheap shots the Steelers inflict every year? If not then your argument does not compute. 

You can't argue with a troll.     :troll:
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

[Image: 21078421_1882397392088609_83981639590538...e=5A26F360]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
FREE VONTAZE !
FREE VONTAZE !
FREE VONTAZE !
NO BURFICT NO PEACE !
NO BURFICT NO PEACE !
This is some BS
Reply/Quote
Well the good news is he'll be playing in both Squeeler games unless he actually makes a tackle in the first game in which case he will only play in that game. 
Cue Bell getting caught snorting coke in the bathroom the day before playing against Burfict.. 
"I had to coach! He was gonna break BOTH OF my legs!" 
Goodel understands and only suspends him during Bengals games..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 04:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Link?

Well, when your WR gets suspended for 16 games for puffing the ganja, that will jack your numbers up. Matter of fact, most of Pitts players suspended was for smoking.

Apples to oranges. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If you want to see who got fined and or suspended, how long and for what, do it here. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-suspensions/2016/

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He hits too hard for the NFL. What a joke.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sad the NFL has to step in and do Marvin Lewis' job of controlling his players because he is too ineffectual to do it himself.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 08:02 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: No prob

I just can't send the fake narrative that our fans purport

'The NFL, the refs and the media are biased/out to get the poor, feeble bengals'

It's nonsense.    Acting like a victim, when you are not, is such a weak and inexcusable cop out.

Exactly.... Don't forget the "Steelers" references as well. Softies whining non stop.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 11:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Pretty sad the NFL has to step in and do Marvin Lewis' job of controlling his players because he is too ineffectual to do it himself.
Does that theory that apply to every teams coach with suspended players ?
 You never hear fans of Dallas or Steelers talk this way though their teams often face disciplinary actions from the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 08:02 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: It's nonsense.    Acting like a victim, when you are not, is such a weak and inexcusable cop out.

Seems to be the burgeoning norm nowadays in politics, race and religion as well as football. The pussification of America continues.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 09:01 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Does that theory that apply to every teams coach with suspended players ?
 You never hear fans of Dallas or Steelers talk this way though their teams often face disciplinary actions from the NFL.

It's not a theory. I don't know about other teams and other situations. I do know about Marvin Lewis and his inability to coach Vontaze Burfict to put an end to the behavior which has resulted in another suspension.
Reply/Quote