Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Tee Higgins Requests Trade
(03-13-2024, 11:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's way too much to give up.

That dude's smoking something....
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 02:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Article specifically mentions Patriots as a suitor. They have the 2nd pick in the 2nd round (34th overall). I would take that, see if you can get a 5th or 6th added on, but 34th overall is still a good return for a guy on franchise tag coming off a bad year who doesn't want to be here and has zero chance of a long term deal.

Then bring back Boyd for 1 year with like half of the money opened up by trading Tee so we don't have to see him in a Steelers uniform and so the rookie WR we take isn't crucial to our SB chances.

The article also says they don’t see the bengals trading tee for a day two pick. If you look at their history with trades they try to sell high for their prime players. I’m thinking of Palmer specifically.

Personally, I’d rather have him on the team for a Super Bowl run than trade him for pennies. All signs point to the bengals agreeing or they would have traded him by now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I've given some though to that whole "generational wealth" thing that they only have a "short time" to earn.  I think that's bullshit.  Even the NFL minimum (around $900,000) is about 15X the average ($60,000) salary for a typical American worker.  If a rookie makes it to the NFL and lasts at least 2 seasons, they will have earned as much as the typical American worker over a 30 year career.

You talk about all the billions that the NFL generates, big deal.  Most companies and corporations that most Americans work hard for, for peanuts in comparison, also make absurd amounts of money.  Just like VPs and CEOs make 20-30X what a line worker makes, the NFL provides that for even the average of their employees.  If an athlete completes a rookie contract and isn't set for life?  That sounds like his own problem, and not the league's.  Just like the Superstar who might have a career ending injury, if he made XX million on the year before, he is also set for life.  They all know going in that the NFL is a fleeting thing for most and that if you stick around your body will be not the same.  They also had plenty of education and coaching along the way to let them know to prepare themselves for a life other than football.

Agree for the average American the money the NFL players are paid is absurd. The hospital I work for pays nearly a billion for every hospital they buy and they buy many, yet we are paid nothing by comparison. The difference is most Americans do not grow up being worshipped for what skills they bring to the workforce causing a sense of entitlement as do the star athletes. Plus the path they chose was always to get to the big reward at the end of the rainbow. Is it right, no but it is a reality.  

Burrow seems like a nice guy but he did not take a team friendly deal even. He could not possibly need a million dollars a week paycheck to survive but that's where we are at with nobody complaining. Per it's better for him to get his share than MB to horde it all and we are not tuning in to watch an owner throw the ball. Trust me NFL owners wallets are not suffering. $21 million is a lot of money and I would do just about anything ethical to obtain that for my family right now. Yet if someone else wants to give $100 million then that has to factor into the equation. 

Plus most regular employees (even great ones) can be replaced in a bat of an eye even if the company suffers some until they get back up to speed. They will lose no money just others will be forced to work harder to make up for it or lose their job as well. We also do not have people forming message boards to talk about how well we did our job, nor ripping our names to shreds if we don't perform at work as well as they feel we should have. Replace NFL superstars with CFL players and the brand suffers quickly. There are only 32 starting QB's in the league but there is never 32 who can do it on an elite level. There are many doctors and such. Unfortunately this gives them lots of leverage. Not to mention they do get at the very least bruised and battered while performing their jobs. 

It's not right but as long as everybody is so enamored with football this is what it has become and still rapidly growing monetarily constantly. Now I would go out there right now for a tenth of Tee's tag money and go all out but nobody wants to see that even in my prime and it would hurt the teams chances and I'm a very good athlete. Yet nowhere near elite like the ones who gets this sort of cabbage. 

Agree with everybody that $21 million is more than enough incentive, but there is no guarantee that Tee will not just mail it in to try not to get hurt. He already had a 650 yd season and most are certain he is a #1 talent and going to give him $21 million. So another average year won't hurt his stock too bad especially knowing he was unhappy getting blocked from the $100 million deal. Didn't hurt Bates or AJ green, plus he has a greedy agent whispering sweet nothing$ in his ear. 

Stand by the fact that I believe the only good solution is to find a way to sign Tee or trade him. The tag is a gamble imo. Understand most will not agree but have seen these spoiled rotten athletes in action and they grow more spoiled by the year. They wield more power than their own coaches in this day and age and sadly have to be handled with kid gloves.

Doesn't mean it is right and Tee has already enough money to be set for life, but betting he wants more. Success makes one crave more success always. The tag could work but just think it is a risk.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 03:19 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: The article also says they don’t see the bengals trading tee for a day two pick. If you look at their history with trades they try to sell high for their prime players. I’m thinking of Palmer specifically.

Personally, I’d rather have him on the team for a Super Bowl run than trade him for pennies. All signs point to the bengals agreeing or they would have traded him by now.

What teams currently have bad head coaches that are former Bengals coaches?   Ninja

I hardly would call the 34th overall pick pennies for a guy who is going to walk next offseason and likely only give us a 2026 3rd round comp pick (~96th-100th) and doesn't want to be here so isn't likely to be willing to give up his body and his health to make a play happen in the big moments.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 05:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: What teams currently have bad head coaches that are former Bengals coaches?   Ninja

I hardly would call the 34th overall pick pennies for a guy who is going to walk next offseason and likely only give us a 2026 3rd round comp pick (~96th-100th) and doesn't want to be here so isn't likely to be willing to give up his body and his health to make a play happen in the big moments.

Just read that the Pats are the strongest trade possibility with Tee
Would they give up their #34 pick for Tee? That would almost guarantee we could draft Sweat there and an OT at #18  
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 06:09 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Just read that the Pats are the strongest trade possibility with Tee
Would they give up their #34 pick for Tee? That would almost guarantee we could draft Sweat there and an OT at #18  

I don't know if they would do it, but I would be ok with that.

OT at 18
Sweat at 34
WR at 49 (or in Rd 3 if no one they like at 49)

Or wait to get McKinnley Jackson later in Day 2 and get a WR earlier, which I think could be possible if they trade Higgins.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 07:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't know if they would do it, but I would be ok with that.

OT at 18
Sweat at 34

Or wait to get McKinnley Jackson later in Day 2 and get a WR earlier, which I think could be possible if they trade Higgins.

I wouldn't pass on Sweat just to hope I can draft Jackson in the next round. I'll take the better NT.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 07:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't know if they would do it, but I would be ok with that.

OT at 18
Sweat at 34

I think it will just depend on the board.. WR could be in play 1st round with trading Tee but Wr would for sure be in play at 34 and 49,
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 03:19 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: The article also says they don’t see the bengals trading tee for a day two pick. If you look at their history with trades they try to sell high for their prime players. I’m thinking of Palmer specifically.

First getting the 34th pick and a possible other pick is not giving him away.. also trades happen also as you lead up to the draft or during the draft..
Reply/Quote
Burrow actually DID do team friendly. Team friendly was not about the dollars but the structure and Burrow agreed to some unusual structures - like having some of the deal guarantee each year so that the escrow rule did not put the team into an untenable cash position.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 03:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That dude's smoking something....

Yes he is.  The Bengals arent going to give up their 1st round pick this year, their second round pick this year, their 1st round pick next year and Tee Higgins who would be valued at close to a 1st round pick if the Bengals just traded him outright.   That is one of the most stupid trade suggestions made.
Reply/Quote
Since New England's first round pick is too high for a trade for Tee, my offer to New England would be their 2nd and 3rd round picks for Tee and our 4th. That seems like a fair trade to me.
Reply/Quote
Anyone remember when Catfish Hunter was the first pro athlete to be paid $1 MILLION bucks? I remember hearing people go batshit over it as if they were going to have to sell their children over it..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'd be cool with Higgins and our 18 for Jefferson if he's immediately extended. Any more than that is insanity.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 10:44 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I wouldn't pass on Sweat just to hope I can draft Jackson in the next round. I'll take the better NT.

Depends what they prioritize and difference in ability between Sweat and Jackson.

If it's me, I'm doing what I can to walk away with either Sweat or Jackson from this draft class, as I don't see any other NTs with potential.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 10:09 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends what they prioritize and difference in ability between Sweat and Jackson.

If it's me, I'm doing what I can to walk away with either Sweat or Jackson from this draft class, as I don't see any other NTs with potential.

There is another guy Evan Anderson (?)  I read about that has similar build but is more developmental ..I also heard Bengals visited with him  FWIW
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Evan-Anderson-DL-FloridaAtlantic
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 10:44 AM)kalibengal Wrote: There is another guy Evan Anderson (?)  I read about that has similar build but is more developmental ..I also heard Bengals visited with him  FWIW

Don't want a developmental dude, personally.
Bengals have shown they are not good with projects.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 05:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: What teams currently have bad head coaches that are former Bengals coaches?   Ninja

(03-24-2024, 11:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: First getting the 34th pick and a possible other pick is not giving him away.. also trades happen also as you lead up to the draft or during the draft..

I'm not ruling out the possibility of a Tee trade around draft time. 

If you look at the history of the Bengals, and (more importantly) if you look at what is being said/reported, the Bengals aren't a team to sell a great, young player for cheap. If anything, they will hold out for above the player's value. 
The only exception is if the player is getting older and doesn't fit what they are doing (I'm thinking Mixon or Chad Johnson, both getting older for their position).

They will stick to their asking price, which is likely a mid 1st or better. 

If they don't get it, they get the benefit of keeping Tee as likely the most dynamic #2 WR in the league. 
Not a bad consolation prize for not getting high value in a trade, especially when you are in win now mode.

Everything being reported says they want to keep Tee 1st and foremost. 
They will have to be blown away in a trade to pull the trigger, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote