• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Tee Higgins Requests Trade
Via Schefter

[Image: IMG-3742.jpg]
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Reading between the lines, this makes me think a long-term deal has no chance of happening.
Therefore, I am leaning more and more toward a pass catcher drafted in Rd 1/2 this year.
Higgins will depart in FA next year if not traded, possibly (hopefully) netting a 3rd round comp pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope it happens. I haven't been on here in awhile and haven't looked through many threads. What's the consensus of how much it'd take for Bengals to accept a trade? 2nd rounder, plus a 4th or so?
Reply/Quote
Really wish we would have traded him last year.

Reply/Quote
Part of me wants to say GTFO. The other part is thankful for what he has done. This is where you shouldn't let your feelings get in the way of business. I'm sure the Bengals will take care of him, but he's not the highest priority on the team right now. We don't want to handcuff our value to just a few players.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:24 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Reading between the lines, this makes me think a long-term deal has no chance of happening.
Therefore, I am leaning more and more toward a pass catcher drafted in Rd 1/2 this year.
Higgins will depart in FA next year if not traded, possibly (hopefully) netting a 3rd round comp pick.

They have the ability to tag him again though no matter how messy it is and 25M is affordable, hence the gap in negotiations and Tee's rep playing hardball.  The downside of the comp pick plan is that isn't guaranteed as Brown Jr. nullified the Bates pick.  At least we got this demand early enough to consider a few band aid vets to not have to draft for need.  
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:29 AM)phil413 Wrote: They have the ability to tag him again though no matter how messy it is and 25M is affordable, hence the gap in negotiations and Tee's rep playing hardball.  The downside of the comp pick plan is that isn't guaranteed as Brown Jr. nullified the Bates pick.  At least we got this demand early enough to consider a few band aid vets to not have to draft for need.  

They do, but do you think they're gonna want a disgruntled WR2 on the team another year when this is their window to win a Super Bowl?
I don't.

Higgins will be traded or allowed to walk after this season.
Book it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Trade him to Minnesota with a 3rd or 4th for Jefferson.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They do, but do you think they're gonna want a disgruntled WR2 on the team another year when this is their window to win a Super Bowl?
I don't.

Higgins will be traded or allowed to walk after this season.
Book it.

They can just tag and trade him for even a 3rd rd pick to get it a year early and then be able to spend money in FA. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:24 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Reading between the lines, this makes me think a long-term deal has no chance of happening.

Can probly find a Vet to come in as well for well under what tee will command
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:29 AM)phil413 Wrote: They have the ability to tag him again though no matter how messy it is and 25M is affordable, hence the gap in negotiations and Tee's rep playing hardball.  The downside of the comp pick plan is that isn't guaranteed as Brown Jr. nullified the Bates pick.  At least we got this demand early enough to consider a few band aid vets to not have to draft for need.  

He can refuse to sign the franchise tag. We'd have to save $25m of cap space that we couldn't spend in the offseason. Then he only needs to sign the franchise tag by Week 10 in order to get a year of service time logged in and be a FA. At that point he could just "pull his hamstring" or something and spend the final 9 weeks of the season rehabbing while suffering "setbacks". Or they can just give poor effort and results (AJ Green, Jessie Bates).

Continuing to tag someone who has decided they REALLY don't want it isn't the powerplay you think it is. Until they agree to sign the tag, they aren't under contract with the team, so you can't even fine them or anything.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Well, he's not going to report to camp probably and threaten to holdout into the year.
Reply/Quote
Bengals need to give permission to seek a long term deal with other teams. It would increase his value and net us at a minimum a 1st round pick.

I would let Tee's agent know no deal without a minimum 1st round pick in 2024 in return.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:34 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Trade him to Minnesota with a 3rd or 4th for Jefferson.

[Image: uhEldrJ.gif]
Reply/Quote
If there's a trade it's better be to the NFC. Any contenders on the AFC, especially the Chiefs, then I'm going to get mad. That being said, I wish Tee nothing but success.
Reply/Quote
Based on the language and the timing of that carefully crafted release - Tee's agent sounds like an absolute ***** loser.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He's made himself a distraction.
Reply/Quote
Honestly Tee's agent is forcing the Bengals to do what they should have done weeks ago. I just hope we didn't get up all of our leverage in the meantime.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:38 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals need to give permission to seek a long term deal with other teams. It would increase his value and net us at a minimum a 1st round pick.

I would let Tee's agent know no deal without a minimum 1st round pick in 2024 in return.

1st is a lot with needing to negotiate a contract as well  but hopefully
Reply/Quote