Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Tee Higgins Requests Trade
I will say this does probably mean there are trade deals and contract offers for Tee Higgins already on the table.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think we look at guys like Mooney and Samuel in free agency now.
Reply/Quote
Tee requesting a trade, as likely facilitated by his agent, is a big "uh oh" for me if he remains on the roster all season. I believe it will lead to having a disgruntled player on the roster who won't hesitate to sit out with the slightest injury or if any other adversity takes place.

I like Tee and don't want to lose him, but it might be in the organizations best interest to trade him.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think we look at guys like Mooney and Samuel in free agency now.

Gabe Davis running deep, please. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Gabe Davis running deep, please. 

Big game Gabe and Chase could do some damage. Dude is still only 24 years old, too.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Honestly Tee's agent is forcing the Bengals to do what they should have done weeks ago. I just hope we didn't get up all of our leverage in the meantime.

The Bengals will be forced into nothing.  How quickly we forget the Jessie Bates situation from a couple years ago.
Reply/Quote
Just because we can keep him here next year doesn’t mean we should. He’s not going to help us win a championship when he’s disgruntled and doesn’t want to be here. We really need to try to make a trade happen. He honestly didn’t even play that well last year. If we can get a team to offer a 2nd round pick I’d take it and move on. This is a great wideout class. I’m thankful for what he’s done here but it’s time to move on.
Reply/Quote
I like Tee. But, he misses a decent amount of games. On a rookie contract, that's not a big deal.

When we'd be paying him $26 million+ a year, it's a big deal.
Reply/Quote
apparently Tee wants to go to Tennessee... from what i heard... now to go find out how my friend heard that

Ahh apparently comments he made during Superbowl week

"The move would keep Higgins off the open market when free agency officially begins at the start of the new league year on March 13. Higgins stated he was open to playing for the Titans with Callahan during Super Bowl week.

It would be good," Higgins said on The Sick Podcast on radio row at the Super Bowl. "Going back home to family and then being able to play for a coach I've already been under. It would be ideal." "
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:40 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Just because we can keep him here next year doesn’t mean we should. He’s not going to help us win a championship when he’s disgruntled and doesn’t want to be here. We really need to try to make a trade happen. He honestly didn’t even play that well last year. If we can get a team to offer a 2nd round pick I’d take it and move on. This is a great wideout class. I’m thankful for what he’s done here but it’s time to move on.

It's a great wideout class, but not every single wideout will be good. Many will be busts or average. That's the trick.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:40 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Just because we can keep him here next year doesn’t mean we should. He’s not going to help us win a championship when he’s disgruntled and doesn’t want to be here. We really need to try to make a trade happen. He honestly didn’t even play that well last year. If we can get a team to offer a 2nd round pick I’d take it and move on. This is a great wideout class. I’m thankful for what he’s done here but it’s time to move on.

Agree with all these points. And add that he could hold out until week 10 before signing the tag and Bengals would have that cap money tied up all that time. Time to trade him.
Reply/Quote
Tee wants to be a Bengals long term. And Duke
Says we want Tee to be a Bengal , yet
In a years time since March 2023 the team
Fails to commit to Tee long term. You either want him
Here or you don't. It's not complicated
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Tee wants to be a Bengals long term. And Duke
Says we want Tee to be a Bengal , yet
In a years time since March 2023 the team
Fails to commit to Tee long term. You either want him
Here or you don't. It's not complicated

It’s actually very complicated. He’s not our #1. He’s often injured. He wants too much money. Etc.

Reply/Quote
I like Tee, he’s made some great plays. But his injury history alone prevents me from wanting them do to a long term contract. Some guys are just prone, and he is one of them. Especially hamstring issues. We can get another WR in the draft it’s really not a huge loss.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s actually very complicated. He’s not our #1. He’s often injured. He wants too much money. Etc.

Yep.

Door A:
Tee Higgins @ $26 million a year.

Door B:
Trade him for a late 1st and 5th. Or 2nd and 4th.
Have $26 million a year to spend on other positions.

Which door leads to a better team?
Reply/Quote
Look at AJ Greens career. He was dominant on his rookie contract. He was hurt a lot during his 2nd contract. Tee is already dinged up a lot on his 1st contract.
Reply/Quote
The colts #1 receiver who also received the franchise tag

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:48 PM)pally Wrote: The colts #1 receiver who also received the franchise tag

IF Tee's cost was 3 years $71 millionish...he'd be retained. I think he wants way more.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:48 PM)pally Wrote: The colts #1 receiver who also received the franchise tag

46m guaranteed.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
I think we all assume Chase will be signed long-term. But, he's waiting for Jefferson to sign a deal. What if Jefferson gets like $38 million a year or some crazy number and Chase wants $40. I just made those numbers up, but it's going to get interesting with the cap going up.
Reply/Quote