Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Tee Higgins Requests Trade
(03-11-2024, 11:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He can refuse to sign the franchise tag. We'd have to save $25m of cap space that we couldn't spend in the offseason. Then he only needs to sign the franchise tag by Week 10 in order to get a year of service time logged in and be a FA. At that point he could just "pull his hamstring" or something and spend the final 9 weeks of the season rehabbing while suffering "setbacks". Or they can just give poor effort and results (AJ Green, Jessie Bates).

Continuing to tag someone who has decided they REALLY don't want it isn't the powerplay you think it is. Until they agree to sign the tag, they aren't under contract with the team, so you can't even fine them or anything.

He does that and he’s got back to back sub-par years. Maybe a team will ignore it or look at the reasons but that’s a lot to bet on.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This goes back to Mulugheta his scumbag agent who unnecessarily plays hardball with everyone to jack his commission up.
Reply/Quote
I wish him luck in Tennessee. Except for when we play them.

This isn't a bad thing. Get the extra draft picks (or pick + player) and find a quick-twitch Swiss army knife WR that this offense sorely needs.
Reply/Quote
Surprised it took this long.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He does that and he’s got back to back sub-par years. Maybe a team will ignore it or look at the reasons but that’s a lot to bet on.

Not only that, many would consider that to be a serious indictment of his personal character.  As in "if he did that to his previous team, how is he going to do our team when he doesn't get his way?"

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:50 AM)Joelist Wrote: This goes back to Mulugheta his scumbag agent who unnecessarily plays hardball with everyone to jack his commission up.

...so he's a good agent? That sounds like he's good at what is quite literally his job.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
After the season he had where he looked as bad as Auden Tate on quite a few drops & his inability to stay healthy, the Franchise Tag was a gift. Just bring back Boyd for 10 a year.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:48 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1st is a lot with needing to negotiate a contract as well  but hopefully

Bengals give agent an opportunity prior to the trade to work out a deal with another team. Bengals would then either accept that team's offer or decline it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:56 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ...so he's a good agent? That sounds like he's good at what is quite literally his job.

Sure, but he may end up having several teams take his players off their boards. 
Reply/Quote
I like Tee, but there's no way a team is giving a 1st RD pick for him. Juedy only garnered a 5th and 5th and he's on a rookie contract
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:00 PM)Nepa Wrote: Sure, but he may end up having several teams take his players off their boards. 

That’s where this will eventually land. He’s getting a reputation for being really difficult for teams to resign his players purely so he can get the biggest commission. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:00 PM)Nepa Wrote: Sure, but he may end up having several teams take his players off their boards. 

People suggest that sort of thing just about every year, but it never happens.  Players want to get paid, agents want their commissions, fans want good players on their team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Surprised it took this long.

Yea its a common situation in the NFL these days. It's a smart move by Tee Higgins and his agent both know there is likely no huge guaranteed long term deal in Cincy and so they request a trade. Calls will be taken but the Bengals won't move Tee unless the compensation is worth it.

I don't see this as a big deal...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like Tee, but there's no way a team is giving a 1st RD pick for him. Juedy only garnered a 5th and 5th and he's on a rookie contract

Jerry Jeudy is a name but has never performed to his potential. Tee atleast has shown he can be that guy and could garner a late 1/early 2 but the issue is the people in that late 1 area are not people we want to help. I think it rolls back into the early 2nd and you'd have to be willing to take a 2nd and 4th or 2nd and maybe 3rd next year.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:56 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ...so he's a good agent? That sounds like he's good at what is quite literally his job.

Yeah... Wish I had someone trying to get every red cent I could for me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like Tee, but there's no way a team is giving a 1st RD pick for him. Juedy only garnered a 5th and 5th and he's on a rookie contract

Didn't Arizona give Steeler's a 1st round pick for Marques Brown a few years ago? Didn't Eagles give Titans a 1st round pick for Brown a few years ago as well?

Jeudy has done nothing in the NFL to prove he can be a #1 receiver. Higgins has a great Super Bowl highlight real to show he is indeed a #1 WR playing alongside Chase. Higgins toasted Ramsey in the Super Bowl; a CB known as one the best. 

If I am Bengals, the DEMAND would be a #1 or keep him. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't Arizona give Steeler's a 1st round pick for Marques Brown a few years ago? Didn't Eagles give Titans a 1st round pick for Brown a few years ago as well?

Jeudy has done nothing in the NFL to prove he can be a #1 receiver. Higgins has a great Super Bowl highlight real to show he is indeed a #1 WR playing alongside Chase. Higgins toasted Ramsey in the Super Bowl; a CB known as one the best. 

idk if hes demanding a trade keeping him isnt likely a good idea we saw how he played to start 2023
Reply/Quote

As long as the players are good, it won't matter. This was said about Drew Rosenhaus for years and years in the past, and he still recently reset the WR market with Tyreek's $30m/yr.

(03-11-2024, 12:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: That’s where this will eventually land. He’s getting a reputation for being really difficult for teams to resign his players purely so he can get the biggest commission. 

Also, you know, to do the job he is hired for by the players of getting them the largest and best deal he can get them... which is why players keep hiring him.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't Arizona give Steeler's a 1st round pick for Marques Brown a few years ago? Didn't Eagles give Titans a 1st round pick for Brown a few years ago as well?

Take out the blatant face mask on Ramsey and it’s not much of a reel.

Also, Hollywood Brown was a Raven, not a Steeler.

Reply/Quote

Both of them were still on their rookie contracts when they were traded. There is a lot more value in a WR on a 1yr/$1-2m deal than on a 1yr/$22m franchise tag.

Also Arizona gave Baltimore a 1st round pick (23rd overall), but Baltimore sent Arizona a 3rd round pick back.

- - - - - - -

If the Bengals traded Tee last offseason a 1st round pick plus a bit more would have been a given. They used that really cheap 4th rookie contract year for themselves, though, and he had a poor season. Thus less value and less return.

Enjoy that demand. Tee will just continue to not sign the franchise tag.

Reply/Quote