Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Tee Higgins Requests Trade
(03-11-2024, 02:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's not hindsight if I spent all last offseason saying it.

The majority of players also just care about the contract.

Wilkins didn't go to the Raiders to win a SB. Jefferson wouldn't re-sign with the Vikings for a SB. People sign with the Bears, the Patriots, etc.

Exactly.

It's their job.
Most people care mostly about making (more) money.

But because it's a sports team we love, we somehow think players need to not care about money as much and want to play for our team because "reasons."

Yes, could a player be perfectly fine in their life with only $5 mill compared to $10 mill? Probably, but if they can get more, may as well do it and live an even better life.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The vast majority !!

You hear the "it's not about the money" B.S. But it is always about the money. These guys know what NFL really stands for - Not For Long

Exactly. Rich players at the end of their careers will make the move for that ring. Guys understand only one team gets that ring. Can try to guess what team that it is, and see if they need you. If not, get that money and hopefully have you and your are family set. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like Tee, but there's no way a team is giving a 1st RD pick for him. Juedy only garnered a 5th and 5th and he's on a rookie contract

the hulls WRs are getting, i would not be surprised someone gives a 1st round pick depending on the team and where that 1st round pick falls now or in future.. but im good with a 2nd and 4th, that would be fine to me
Reply/Quote
Appreciate al he did. Let's put him and his injury history in the rear view.

Better to hear this now that during the season.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:41 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: His trade value drops though knowing he wants out, it's like if you're looking for a new job but you're happy with your current one vs. you're currently unemployed. Leverage is weaker.

A few of us called to trade Tee last year before it started, we know we can't afford him, it was a much more difficult decision because we didn't know Burrow was going to turn into jello.

But yeah if players didn't care about money... Burrow could have left 10 million on the table per year and felt nothing, but didn't. He doesn't trust the organization would have used it the way he wanted, and/or doesn't trust his own health, it's a lot of money for sure, but now he will lose Tee. Can he win a ring without Tee?

No way we trade him last year after the back to back years we had.. and plenty of players who lean to being traded, those teams still get good value.. and with the now thin FA WR market.. his value has actually increased i would say
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 05:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No way we trade him last year after the back to back years we had.. and plenty of players who lean to being traded, those teams still get good value.. and with the now thin FA WR market.. his value has actually increased i would say

A large part of the reason that the Patriots were so good for so long was that they weren't afraid of moving on from a player one year early. Obviously, they had the all-time great at QB, but they still had a team-building approach that should be commended and copied imo. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 05:28 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: A large part of the reason that the Patriots were so good for so long was that they weren't afraid of moving on from a player one year early. Obviously, they had the all-time great at QB, but they still had a team-building approach that should be commended and copied imo. 

This is 1 year early, we could tag him next year. Patriots are an outlier and rarely did they trade top 5 to 7 player  on their team wirh 3 years left.
Reply/Quote
Potential teams that might offer us something. Chargers, Commanders, Giants and Titans.
Reply/Quote
Twitter is saying it's because Burrow took the picture with Trump.

Seems crazy but you never know.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This is 1 year early, we could tag him next year. Patriots are an outlier and rarely did they trade top 5 to 7 player  on their team wirh 3 years left.

If we tag him next year will anyone want to pay him the 26 million it would cost?  If they would pay him 26 million next year, they would certainly pay him the 21.8 million this year so he would be more attractive as a trade if you do it this year.  Get some value out of Tee while you can. 

On the flip side, if he pulls his hamstring again this year and misses a bunch of games, how many teams will want to trade for him next year at a price of 26 million?  Tee has value right now and may not fetch that much next year.  It's a big risk.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:29 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If we tag him next year will anyone want to pay him the 26 million it would cost?  If they would pay him 26 million next year, they would certainly pay him the 21.8 million this year so he would be more attractive as a trade if you do it this year.  Get some value out of Tee while you can. 

On the flip side, if he pulls his hamstring again this year and misses a bunch of games, how many teams will want to trade for him next year at a price of 26 million?  Tee has value right now and may not fetch that much next year.  It's a big risk.

Big risk for both sides, not just Tee. Bengals are committing 22 million for one year, if he gets hurt, bad value for 2024 and hurts trade value next year. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 01:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All I can say is that when the board member whose screenname rhymes with Noonerpiece logs onto the board today, he's in for one heck of a surprise..  Ninja

I got an earful (or eyes full since I had to read the Posts lol) from multiple Posters a few weeks ago, 

to stop even bringing up the idea that TEE could be Traded and that he would be playing for the Bengals in 2024. 

"Ridiculous" to think he would not.

It was implied that there was a Zero to near Zero percent chance of TEE being Traded and that people should

let the trade hopes die.  Some implied that it was a Slam dunk TEE would be a Bengal for the 2024 Season.

At that time, I gave a Trade of TEE up to a 25% chance of happening.

The at or near ZERO chance Posters could still end up being right BUT…

those Posters who liked the idea of Trading TEE or at least thought it a reasonable possibility now have TEE Publicly behind the idea.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Really wish we would have traded him last year.

yep
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The one team that may give round 1 draft for Higgins is Titans. Bengals will be asking too high for him though.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:18 PM)depthchart Wrote: I got an earful (or eyes full since I had to read the Posts lol) from multiple Posters a few weeks ago, 

to stop even bringing up the idea that TEE could be Traded and that he would be playing for the Bengals in 2024. 

"Ridiculous" to think he would not.

It was implied that there was a Zero to near Zero percent chance of TEE being Traded and that people should

let the trade hopes die.  Some implied that it was a Slam dunk TEE would be a Bengal for the 2024 Season.

At that time, I gave a Trade of TEE up to a 25% chance of happening.

The at or near ZERO chance Posters could still end up being right BUT…

those Posters who liked the idea of Trading TEE or at least thought it a reasonable possibility now have TEE Publicly behind the idea.

Well, the story isn't over yet, as no team has stepped forward with draft capital and a contract for Higgins.  However as sagas tend to go, this one could be just getting started.  This announcement this morning could have just been a bluff to see if the Bengals, or any other team would overreact.  I tend to see this situation going stale for a while and if a trade indeed happens, it will likely be during the draft.  So, projecting to if things would turn out that way?  Boom, there's another $22M to plunk into Jamarr Chase's guaranteed money pot.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, the story isn't over yet, as no team has stepped forward with draft capital and a contract for Higgins.  However as sagas tend to go, this one could be just getting started.  This announcement this morning could have just been a bluff to see if the Bengals, or any other team would overreact.  I tend to see this situation going stale for a while and if a trade indeed happens, it will likely be during the draft.  So, projecting to if things would turn out that way?  Boom, there's another $22M to plunk into Jamarr Chase's guaranteed money pot.

It has definitely become more worthy of Conversation.

It makes me wonder what Cards could be played next and by whom.

Davante Adams was traded on 3-18-22 to the Raiders which was 4 days after he informed the Packers that 

he would not play on the Tag.

Not sure if TEE & his Agent would go that far or what the Bengals are thinking right now but it has become intriguing.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:38 PM)depthchart Wrote: It has definitely become more worthy of Conversation.

It makes me wonder what Cards could be played next and by whom.

Davante Adams was traded on 3-18-22 to the Raiders which was 4 days after he informed the Packers that 

he would not play on the Tag.

Not sure if TEE & his Agent would go that far or what the Bengals are thinking right now but it has become intriguing.

Yes, an interesting story for all NFL fans to watch play out.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Teams may be making room. So we’ll see. The Bengals are in great shape cap wise as other teams are really struggling. KC tied up a bunch of money with Chris Jones. Keeping that OL is going to be a nightmare next year. Buffalo, Miami, & the Chargers and Broncos are screwed. If it were me swap picks with Chicago at 8 and give them Tee. Draft a RT or Bowers or Odunze or Nabors.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Teams may be making room. So we’ll see. The Bengals are in great shape cap wise as other teams are really struggling. KC tied up a bunch of money with Chris Jones. Keeping that OL is going to be a nightmare next year. Buffalo, Miami, & the Chargers and Broncos are screwed. If it were me swap picks with Chicago at 8 and give them Tee. Draft a RT or Bowers or Odunze or Nabors.

Would love to have Odunze.
Reply/Quote
Hope he doesn’t play safe this year. Unless a good trade comes along for us of course.
Reply/Quote