Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Tee Higgins Requests Trade
He was never going to be happy without a long term contract and people were silly thinking differently. Of course he wants his long term contract, the NFL is tough and you've got to get it why you can. We all love the guy, but it was him or Chase and that decision a no brainer.

Now he is holding the Bengals hostage and his trade value most likely just went down as well.

Need to find a way to move up and grab Nabors from LSU to keep Joe happy and keep the train rolling imo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Tee had stretches where he put up fantastic numbers as a number one.

He has had a fair share of games where Chase was doubled and tripled and did not kill it like he should.

Hopefully other teams see him like he sees himself and the Bengals end off better off in the end.

I am a huge fan of Tee Higgins, but I bleed orange and brown and the Bengals trump all.

Skin whatever team that wants him, and move on.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:26 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Tee had stretches where he put up fantastic numbers as a number one.

He has had a fair share of games where Chase was doubled and tripled and did not kill it like he should.

Hopefully other teams see him like he sees himself and the Bengals end off better off in the end.

I am a huge fan of Tee Higgins, but I bleed orange and brown and the Bengals trump all.

Skin whatever team that wants him, and move on.

So you're a Cleveland Fan?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Twitter is saying it's because Burrow took the picture with Trump.

Seems crazy but you never know.

Don't believe this for a second, it's a monetary decision that any one of us would have made too. He is trying to force the Bengals to sign him long term or trade him to someone that will. As I've said in many threads, $21 million for one year verses $100 million for 4 years or even $120 for 5 years.  Which would you want ? 

He has proven himself and if the Bengals stood in his way of getting that deal with only a tag and no long term deal he would have mailed it in anyhow. Tee and Bates have the same agent who would have given the same advice, stay healthy. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 02:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's not hindsight if I spent all last offseason saying it.

The majority of players also just care about the contract.

Wilkins didn't go to the Raiders to win a SB. Jefferson wouldn't re-sign with the Vikings for a SB. People sign with the Bears, the Patriots, etc.

Yep 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Teams may be making room. So we’ll see. The Bengals are in great shape cap wise as other teams are really struggling. KC tied up a bunch of money with Chris Jones. Keeping that OL is going to be a nightmare next year. Buffalo, Miami, & the Chargers and Broncos are screwed. If it were me swap picks with Chicago at 8 and give them Tee. Draft a RT or Bowers or Odunze or Nabors.

What good is it to be in great shape cap wise if you are not using that money sign the talent needed to help your team.  Right now we have BJ Hill on the last year of his contract with Zach Carter beside him as the 2 DT starters with Tufele and Travis Bell as the rotational guys.  In the secondary Awuzie left for the Titans and will need to be replaced.  On offense we have no RT, no #1 TE,  no #3 WR and our #2 WR wants traded and may not even give full effort if he stays.  You cant address all of these spots in the draft especially when none of these guys has ever played at the NFL level.  You need to go out and spend some of that money on a few quality free agents.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Twitter is saying it's because Burrow took the picture with Trump.

Seems crazy but you never know.

Lol, yeah that was it...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:38 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: What good is it to be in great shape cap wise if you are not using that money sign the talent needed to help your team.  Right now we have BJ Hill on the last year of his contract with Zach Carter beside him as the 2 DT starters with Tufele and Travis Bell as the rotational guys.  In the secondary Awuzie left for the Titans and will need to be replaced.  On offense we have no RT, no #1 TE,  no #3 WR and our #2 WR wants traded and may not even give full effort if he stays.  You cant address all of these spots in the draft especially when none of these guys has ever played at the NFL level.  You need to go out and spend some of that money on a few quality free agents.

Absolutely

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, yeah that was it...

Exactly.

Who cares who you are shaking hand with.

We do it daily and are not judged because pictures are not taken.

Life happens.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:38 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: What good is it to be in great shape cap wise if you are not using that money sign the talent needed to help your team.  Right now we have BJ Hill on the last year of his contract with Zach Carter beside him as the 2 DT starters with Tufele and Travis Bell as the rotational guys.  In the secondary Awuzie left for the Titans and will need to be replaced.  On offense we have no RT, no #1 TE,  no #3 WR and our #2 WR wants traded and may not even give full effort if he stays.  You cant address all of these spots in the draft especially when none of these guys has ever played at the NFL level.  You need to go out and spend some of that money on a few quality free agents.

Do you think they aren’t going to make some moves?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 10:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Do you think they aren’t going to make some moves?

I think they will make some moves but they arent going to bring in elite guys.  The problem is if you are bringing in mediocre guys to fill those spots, expect mediocre results.  We should be trying to add great free agent talent to this team to get even better, not just to stay at the level we are at.  Our current level isnt good enough and so far we havent made the team better than last year.  In fact we are in worse shape at this point.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals front office likes signing free agents
That are ascending, under the age 25 and ready for 2nd contracts then how Come they won't sign Tee to a long term deal?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 10:27 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think they will make some moves but they arent going to bring in elite guys.  The problem is if you are bringing in mediocre guys to fill those spots, expect mediocre results.  We should be trying to add great free agent talent to this team to get even better, not just to stay at the level we are at.  Our current level isnt good enough and so far we havent made the team better than last year.  In fact we are in worse shape at this point.

It’s day one. Who should they have signed today? The Stone signing from X is getting rave reviews for the bargain.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 10:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If the Bengals front office likes signing free agents
That are ascending, under the age 25 and ready for 2nd contracts then how Come they won't sign Tee to a long term deal?

Because he wants more than he is worth to the Bengals, that would be the logical answer..
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He was never going to be happy without a long term contract and people were silly thinking differently. Of course he wants his long term contract, the NFL is tough and you've got to get it why you can. We all love the guy, but it was him or Chase and that decision a no brainer.

Now he is holding the Bengals hostage and his trade value most likely just went down as well.

Need to find a way to move up and grab Nabors from LSU to keep Joe happy and keep the train rolling imo.

Of course he wants a long term deal. I really just think the trade request is a calculated move to create some action that might cause a situation where he gets a long term deal. If no such deal comes to fruition I think he will be happy to play under the tag. I mean he gets 22 mil with a chance to have a better year while coming into a free agency with a draft class that probably won't be as loaded as this one. But if he does get a deal as a result of his trade request then it's a win and he would be foolish not to try and force the issue.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:09 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Of course he wants a long term deal. I really just think the trade request is a calculated move to create some action that might cause a situation where he gets a long term deal. If no such deal comes to fruition I think he will be happy to play under the tag. I mean he gets 22 mil with a chance to have a better year while coming into a free agency with a draft class that probably won't be as loaded as this one. But if he does get a deal as a result of his trade request then it's a win and he would be foolish not to try and force the issue.

if he actually requested a trade, it feels he wants out and chance to be a #1 and seems like a deal is dead.. i work hard trying to trade him and improve the team in long run
Reply/Quote
I would trade him for something.... players not playing to their potential in a contract year as we've discovered is not ideal.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 10:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If the Bengals front office likes signing free agents
That are ascending, under the age 25  and ready for 2nd contracts then how Come they won't  sign Tee to a long term deal?

All you need to do is note who the agent is - Mulugheta clients very rarely resign with their original team because for them it is all about getting a BIG contract with anyone. We just need to see if the result is a decent trade or a play on the tag. 
Reply/Quote
I dont blame Tee for wanting to be some teams #1 WR or for wanting as much money as he can get. Unfortunately the Bengals cant afford to give Tee what he wants and fill all the holes on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:17 PM)Whatever Wrote: So then you have zero issues if he doesn't sign the FT until Week 10, as he is not under contract and not getting paid, simply exercising his rights as a player?

For another, I find "he shouldn't half ass because he's getting paid" talk a little funny when, let's face it, most of us are commenting on this while we're at work and half assing our jobs despite getting paid as we do.  

Sure, there's investment potential, but there's also great potential to lose money on investments.  Far better to actually have generational income than to have investment capital to try to turn into generational wealth.

It's within his right as a player to not sign it. No question.... But he'll lose a shit load of game checks, right? Worth it or not is up to him.

It all comes down to professionalism. If he goes out there and plays, as a professional, he would give it his all and not cheat the Bengals or the paying fans. The Bengals aren't cheating Tee Higgins in any way. shape, or form.

Investment wise, Higgins could park his $12M post tax earnings in a safe, basic fund and have $35-40mill by the time he's in his 50s. That's assuming he never makes another NFL dollar after this contract.... which is highly unlikely.

Regardless, I hope he AND the Bengals get a desired outcome they're both happy with!
Reply/Quote