Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Dalton we go
(11-27-2019, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was a damn cool play alright. Was Hue the OC then or Jay? I forget.

Either way much better playcallers than Zac it seems.

Pretty sure Mo was perfect here passing...

Jay Gruden. Hue was OC when all of our WRs were hurt, and Sanu hit Dalton for the TD.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 10:18 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: What if i would have said Dolegala instead of Dalton? Because i would have if he were dressed. 

Wait, if Zac was in true evaluation mode why wasn't Dolegala even dressed?

All in all this experiment probably cost us Dalton and Finley. Kid is probably ruined here even as a backup.

So Finley could hit the out routes if he had a better line? I would put Dolegala  in and find out what we have. The only upside to Dalton playing is if he comes in and plays good it will increase his trade value.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was a damn cool play alright. Was Hue the OC then or Jay? I forget.

Either way much better playcallers than Zac it seems.

Pretty sure Mo was perfect here passing...

That was still Gruden... I think Hue was on the staff though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to admit that I wish we were still playing Finley because I watched the game with a pal of mine who is a STeelers fan and we were both bitterly swearing/laughing about the shoddy QB play.  If Finley threw the ball 50+ times he'd probably break the 200 yard mark, though!

Does that include return yardage from INT's? Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 03:20 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: I believe Steinbach missed the block, willie and Levi Jones were tackles, Bobbie Williams at RG, and good old 74 at Center.

Pretty awesome group

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was a great group. I just couldn't recall if that was around the time it all started falling apart or not.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 05:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Does that include return yardage from INT's? Sarcasm

Brutal, but fair.

At any rate, we complain that our HC's lock into their guys and refuse to budge regardless of on the field performance and Mike Brown doesn't care what happens on the field.  Finley was ZT's idea and the guy was way worse than we thought and they replaced him with a QB who has a better chance of winning.  Why is this such a baffling move to so many people?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 05:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Brutal, but fair.

At any rate, we complain that our HC's lock into their guys and refuse to budge regardless of on the field performance and Mike Brown doesn't care what happens on the field.  Finley was ZT's idea and the guy was way worse than we thought and they replaced him with a QB who has a better chance of winning.  Why is this such a baffling move to so many people?

It really is rather simple.....

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 06:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: It really is rather simple.....

If you go back to the thread about Dalton getting benched people were wishing him well and thanking him for his time here and I pointed out that he was still on the team, still under contract, and there was a decent chance Finley flopped/got injured and Dalton would be back. And it's not even like I care Dalton is playing again, but I just can't get upset or surprised they aren't willingly playing a QB as in over his head as Finley.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 05:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Does that include return yardage from INT's? Sarcasm

Still doesn't come close to Dalton's three ints in less than one minute including a pick six against the Jags earlier in the year. That has to be some kind of a record. Bengals fans sometime get overwhelmed by shiny objects.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 06:12 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Still doesn't come close to Dalton's three ints in less than one minute including a pick six against the Jags earlier in the year. That has to be some kind of a record. Bengals fans sometime get overwhelmed by shiny objects.

That was the same game where Mixon ran 10 times for 2 yards, though.  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I can see it playing out now --- Andy returns, they win a couple of games, and Mike says "see judgmental fans, I told you we're on the cusp of doing some good things."  Whatever

Then he gives AD a 5 yr extension and after the 2nd year, AD threatens to retire if not traded.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 11:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but what you don’t do is wait to take the QB when you have the top pick. The OL might never be truly “fixed.” We’ve seen OL play is down al over the league. It’s not just us.

I agree that you don't wait to take the QB. You can get the other pieces later in the draft or - Heaven forbid - free agency. I wouldn't downplay how bad our line is though. Even in a league where line play is declining, we're a special form of bad over the last 4 years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 03:20 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: I believe Steinbach missed the block, willie and Levi Jones were tackles, Bobbie Williams at RG, and good old 74 at Center.

Pretty awesome group

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(11-27-2019, 05:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: That was a great group. I just couldn't recall if that was around the time it all started falling apart or not.

See this is another case of "mis-remembering" the past.

If you look at the names...  them yes it was an awesome group.

However what Wyche said it was at the point of their undoing.

You can't just throw names out without looking at time line and level of play by said players.

READ THIS

The New Orleans Saints sacked Palmer three times in the first half Saturday night in a 13-0 victory that underscored the Cincinnati Bengals' growing problem. Right now, it's as bad as it gets.

"I'll tell you what makes me angry: Seeing my quarterback get off the ground," left tackle Levi Jones said. "It infuriates me, especially seeing blood on his face."
The Bengals couldn't move the ball or protect their franchise quarterback in the first half. Palmer left the game when Kevin Kaesviharn got to him on a third-down safety blitz with 2 seconds left before halftime.
As he walked to the sideline, Palmer's nose already had a prominent bump. He dabbed at the blood with a towel, then draped the towel over his head and walked to the locker room, prematurely done for the night. He went for further examination to see how badly the nose was hurt.
A line that gave up only 17 sacks last season was fuming at its inability to protect him.
"That's the thing that's hurting me right now, to see Carson getting hit," guard Bobbie Williams said. "It hurts me deeply."
Palmer got knocked to the ground five times during a 27-10 loss to Detroit a week earlier.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
So I read this nugget a little while ago.

Man I hate how this team is run.

Notes: WR A.J. Green didn't practice Wednesday and remains day to day, an indication he's unlikely to play against the Jets. Green hasn't played this season as he recovers from ankle surgery in training camp. ... LB Nick Vigil also was held out of practice with an ankle injury. ... Strong winds prompted the Bengals to scramble their practice plans. They're the only northern NFL team without a covered practice field.

They want this guy to come back and play and can't even practice properly because the ownership is a cheapskate stubborn asshole.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 06:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That was the same game where Mixon ran 10 times for 2 yards, though.  

Yada yada yada.. The poor run game made him misfire on thee passes in a row and throw them to the opposing team. Damn Mixon . He has singlehandedly caused Dalton to lose eight games. Did anyone ever think that Dalton was game planned for and Finley gave them something else to worry about so it may have caused a different look 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 08:26 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So I read this nugget a little while ago.

Man I hate how this team is run.

Notes: WR A.J. Green didn't practice Wednesday and remains day to day, an indication he's unlikely to play against the Jets. Green hasn't played this season as he recovers from ankle surgery in training camp. ... LB Nick Vigil also was held out of practice with an ankle injury. ... Strong winds prompted the Bengals to scramble their practice plans. They're the only northern NFL team without a covered practice field.

They want this guy to come back and play and can't even practice properly because the ownership is a cheapskate stubborn asshole.

Good thing they don't play on the frozen tundra.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you asked me to name all the teams who went winless in a season, I'd say Cleveland.
I've almost forgotten DET did it because it was over a decade ago.
Aside from that, I couldn't tell you another winless season without looking it up.

My point is that people forget winless seasons after a while.

But I bet you could name the owner that went to 500.... Losses the fastest.. And if you had to guess, I bet you could even tell me the fastest to win 500.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. At the time, both signings looked like decent values.

Honestly, on Green - His productive years came on his rookie deal. Then once he was off that, he's generally been hurt a decent amount of years. He still produces at a high level when he plays, he just misses a lot of games.

At this point with Green unfortunately, it's kinda like the lottery mantra, "If you don't play, you can't win" 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 08:45 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: But I bet you could name the owner that went to 500.... Losses the fastest.. And if you had to guess, I bet you could even tell me the fastest to win 500.

Nope. I know there's multiple teams who have 500 wins and others who have 500 losses. I couldn't tell you who was the fastest to either. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 08:40 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yada yada yada.. The poor run game made him misfire on thee passes in a row and throw them to the opposing team. Damn Mixon . He has singlehandedly caused Dalton to lose eight games. Did anyone ever think that Dalton was game planned for and Finley gave them something else to worry about so it may have caused a different look 

Im just saying we could have benched mixon based on that game too

I don't even care about Dalton, I wish we had traded him so quit acting like I'm his biggest fan. 
Reply/Quote