Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bart Scott puts a "bounty" on Joe Burrow
(12-31-2021, 12:12 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I dunno, wasn't Billick the coach back then?

Yeah. Bart Scott was from the Billick and Rex Ryan days of the Ravens. The glorious Kyle Boller era.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(12-31-2021, 02:33 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah. Bart Scott was from the Billick and Rex Ryan days of the Ravens. The glorious Kyle Boller era.

I remembered Boller was QB, but couldn't remember if Billick was still around or not. Thanks for the refresher, and totally forgot about Rex Ryan. That explains it even more.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-31-2021, 02:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You know who else heard these comments? Our offensive line, and our defense. The way Lamar and Huntley play the game, they would be much easier to cheap shot. Hairball does not want to open that can of worms.

Good point....and like I said, I don't think that's John's M.O.

(12-31-2021, 02:33 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah. Bart Scott was from the Billick and Rex Ryan days of the Ravens. The glorious Kyle Boller era.

More importantly, Boller could throw a football far from one knee. Draft hype!
(12-31-2021, 04:22 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: More importantly, Boller could throw a football far from one knee. Draft hype!

had to laugh on this....I recall that he said he could throw a football into the endzone from the 50 yard line on his knees...now that a reason to draft a QB in 1st round! 
Lines are getting more blurred on the Steelers being more scumbags than the Ravens.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
(12-31-2021, 04:28 PM)kalibengal Wrote: had to laugh on this....I recall that he said he could throw a football into the endzone from the 50 yard line on his knees...now that a reason to draft a QB in 1st round! 

I think there was a video of him doing it as well. My memory is blurry.
(12-31-2021, 12:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed, Martindale really stoked the fire. Harbaugh is a whiner, but Ravens/Bengals games have been hard fought and clean during his tenure. No love lost, but no Stoolers bullshit either. 

This moron on ESPN is "old guard" nonsense. I don't doubt one bit they fostered a culture like that back in those days, but I just haven't seen a lot of cheap shot crap from the Ravens under Harbaugh. Sure, he's been known to run up the score, be a whiner and asshole, but not necessarily dirty.

Agreed, not sure what Bart Scott was thinking when he opened up his mouth, but that sort of thing just isn't tolerated in today's NFL.  After "bounty gate", and the countless rule changes and various injury protocol procedures that teams must abide by in this day and age, it seems rather far fetched that any team or even group of players could feasibly get away with that sort of behavior.

On another note, I certainly hope that Bart Scott banked his money from his playing days, as throwing that sort of rhetoric around seems like an easy route to unemployment in our current culture.  In case he's broke and needs the money, I hope that he's been working on his WalMart greeting..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-31-2021, 04:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, not sure what Bart Scott was thinking when he opened up his mouth, but that sort of thing just isn't tolerated in today's NFL.  After "bounty gate", and the countless rule changes and various injury protocol procedures that teams must abide by in this day and age, it seems rather far fetched that any team or even group of players could feasibly get away with that sort of behavior.

On another note, I certainly hope that Bart Scott banked his money from his playing days, as throwing that sort of rhetoric around seems like an easy route to unemployment in our current culture.  In case he's broke and needs the money, I hope that he's been working on his WalMart greeting..

Agreed

It wasn't just a little we're coming for ya. Not that he's part of "we" anymore. That rant was way over the top and he should have his job in serious jeopardy.

I'm still shocked ESPN let it be aired.
(12-31-2021, 04:32 PM)Destro Wrote: Lines are getting more blurred on the Steelers being more scumbags than the Ravens.

Still the Pitt scum, simply due to them being scumbags for longer. They were scumbags in the 80s when the Ravens were the OG Browns.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(12-31-2021, 12:12 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I dunno, wasn't Billick the coach back then?

Bart Scott was around for Harbaugh's first year.

Started all 16 games for him in 2008.

Boutygate came down on the Saints in 2010. Unless I'm misunderstanding ya.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Bartholomew is a huge idiot and if I were the Bengals FO I would be making a big deal out of this just from a gamesmanship standpoint.

Red dot is referring to the dot from the scope on a gun/rifle. Putting it on JB means taking him out like sniper would…this is the image the NFL wants to promote?
I would just make a huge deal out of it since that doosh Goodell is always talking about player safety etc.
(01-01-2022, 12:34 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Bartholomew is a huge idiot and if I were the Bengals FO I would be making a big deal out of this just from a gamesmanship standpoint.

Red dot is referring to the dot from the scope on a gun/rifle. Putting it on JB means taking him out like sniper would…this is the image the NFL wants to promote?
I would just make a huge deal out of it since that doosh Goodell is always talking about player safety etc.

I can't believe Goodell doesn't know about this. Maybe being a holiday weekend they are keeping it under the table for now. It'll be interesting to see what is said on Monday morning when Mike Greenberg is back on the air. 
I wonder how much of this was backup producers and on air talent being on xmas break, that things got out of control. You gotta think heads are gonna roll over this. He hasn't been on air since this happened...
(12-31-2021, 10:41 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: So much truth in this statement. You can also add Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, and Dak Prescott to the list.

Speaking of Prescott....Good guy, good QB, but seriously...MVP talk?  Here are the numbers thus far:

Prescott:  68.7% 3928 yards, 29 TD, 10 INT

Burrow:  69.9%, 4165 yards, 30 TD, 14 Int

Oh, and Prescott plays in the NFC Least...Also interesting, Dallas is 1-3 against AFC West.  Burrow also doing it on a VERY young team, with an offensive line that everyone said would get him killed, and in a very tough division.  
(01-01-2022, 12:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bart Scott was around for Harbaugh's first year.

Started all 16 games for him in 2008.

Boutygate came down on the Saints in 2010. Unless I'm misunderstanding ya.

No, you weren't misunderstanding me, I wasn't sure when Harbaugh started. I remember the Bountygate timeline, but didn't know ol Bert ever played for JH.

(01-01-2022, 02:20 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: No, you weren't misunderstanding me, I wasn't sure when Harbaugh started. I remember the Bountygate timeline, but didn't know ol Bert ever played for JB.

I looked it up cuz I wasn't sure, either. I knew ol whiney has been around for awhile now though.

I actually liked Billick. Harbaugh is a completely different story.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(12-31-2021, 12:25 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He's totally already seen it, right?

Oh yes, he has.

(12-31-2021, 02:42 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: Honestly the stuff Bart and Ravens fans are talking is just throwing gasoline on Burrow competitive fire. 

Geniuses.  Mellow

(12-31-2021, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: A VERY late entry for POST OF THE YEAR.  Granted, it is just a tweet from Chad, but damn I laughed really hard about this, and even harder when I read "WhoDeyBitch".

Who Dey

Love Chad lol
https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/id/32986665

This is Bart Shit in the first hour of his radio show today. At about the 1:08 mark they start talking about the Bengals and he sprinkles insults throughout. At the 14:00 point he comments about the Bengals being the cheapest team in the history of the NFL. Some of his comments will make your blood boil. 
(01-03-2022, 10:27 PM)BengalRed Wrote: https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/id/32986665

This is Bart Shit in the first hour of his radio show today. At about the 1:08 mark they start talking about the Bengals and he sprinkles insults throughout. At the 14:00 point he comments about the Bengals being the cheapest team in the history of the NFL. Some of his comments will make your blood boil. 

I’m not clicking on that, but he really brought out the tired “cheap” narrative? What year is this? Someone should link him to the Reader, Hendrickson, Waynes, etc spotrac pages…