Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Becton visiting
Mekhi Becton is visiting.
Reply/Quote
might be interesting if he can stay healthy... But has missed more games than played bad knees i believe
Reply/Quote
We don't need to gamble with Burrows already shaky injury history with a reclamation project. This isn't a rebuild. This is the protection of the highest paid player in the league.

Bengals are asking for trouble relying on a hope / wish / prayer that a player bounces back to their form of 3 years ago.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Not feeling Becton:

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 09:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not feeling Becton:

This doesn't indicate he would never be open to playing RT. It just meant in the moment he did not feel it made sense because of his injury. For all we know, his knee is better and he's not concerned about playing the position.
Reply/Quote
This makes me grit my teeth. Not very optimistic about becton
Reply/Quote
He's literally been hurt most of his career.

We're a team that plays 17 games and aspires to play 3-4 playoff games.

We saw in our SB run how several lineman got hurt. When you're going for a SB, you need guys that are durable...because 20-21 games is A LOT to play.
Reply/Quote
Oh...and you have a franchise QB that's been injured a bunch. You need a good RT.
Reply/Quote
This is a very risky move.  If Burrow takes hits like these because of utter incompetence I will personally drive Becton back to NY.

Reply/Quote
If we sign Becton then I think that all but confirms we will go OT at #18. Not that that wasn't the most likely case anyway.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 09:49 AM)Garrus Wrote: If we sign Becton then I think that all but confirms we will go OT at #18. Not that that wasn't the most likely case anyway.

and that that player will start.... 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I just don't understand.. why would any team even consider signing him to be a backup.
Reply/Quote
WRs wont matter if burrow back on IR
Reply/Quote
People need to calm down making the leap he'd be the starting RT.
It's possible that if he signs, he either may not even make it over Carman and Smith, or serves as a backup to LT.

Pollack was the OL coach for the Jets when Becton was drafted, so I have to imagine Pollack thinks Becton might still be somewhat of an upgrade, even for depth.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:02 AM)ochocincos Wrote: People need to calm down making the leap he'd be the starting RT.
It's possible that if he signs, he either may not even make it over Carman and Smith, or serves as a backup to LT.

Pollack was the OL coach for the Jets when Becton was drafted, so I have to imagine Pollack thinks Becton might still be somewhat of an upgrade, even for depth.

Yeah trust in Pollack is at 0% they should be replacing him
Reply/Quote
I joked about it earlier in another thread but what if they have to move OBJr to RT and insert Charmin at LT?
Not saying it WILL happen, as he did sign on to be THE left tackle, but let's just say hypothetically.

What's worse? Charmin at LT or Becton at RT with a rookie waiting to take over? I really can't decide.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:02 AM)ochocincos Wrote: People need to calm down making the leap he'd be the starting RT.

The OT we sign in free agency absolutely should be considered the starting RT until we know how good a drafted player will be.  Unless Ford, Carman or Smith are being promoted to RT1 and I dont think any of us believe that.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah trust in Pollack is at 0%  they should be replacing him

I'm not saying I agree with adding Becton or keeping Pollack, just that as long as Pollack is here, Becton has a logical connection.

I thought George Fant would have been the better get who Pollack was familiar with, but SEA just scooped him up yesterday.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah trust in Pollack is at 0%  they should be replacing him

That’s a lot more trust then I have in Pollack
Reply/Quote

Carman and Smith are mediocre Tackles too.

Yes - I know Carman played decent there a game or 2...but I'm not sold on any of these guys.

Oh Becton has talent. He's just injured a lot.
Reply/Quote