Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beer Of Choice?
(05-29-2015, 11:04 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I feel a lot like that. We got a new restaurant where I live and it's classed up southern food. Absolutely outstanding stuff. But it's also a whiskey bar. Sure, you can get other drinks, but when they have such an outstanding whiskey selection it's a shame not to try it out. I tend to be a rye man myself, but I just love rye any way I can get it. Bread, beer, whiskey, etc.

Have you tried Templeton Rye Whiskey?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 12:58 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Have you tried Templeton Rye Whiskey?

Nope, never have.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
You're all a bunch of beer guzzling alky's! Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 03:57 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You're all a bunch of beer guzzling alky's!   Ninja

Rum and Diet Coke, brah...I don't even think you drink anything else.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This is my new favorite beer.  Best new one I've tried in a year.

[Image: Fresh_Squeezed_Label.jpg]
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Anyone else gotten their hands on the 2015 version of Backwoods Bastard?

It's verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry good. Over 11% ABV this year, and it's delicious.
Reply/Quote
Have you guys tried the new Raspberry flavored Miller Lite?

That shit is the bomb.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Have you guys tried the new Raspberry flavored Miller Lite?

That shit is the bomb.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:13 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Anyone else gotten their hands on the 2015 version of Backwoods Bastard?

It's verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry good. Over 11% ABV this year, and it's delicious.

havent heard of it but will keep an eye out.

My beer of choice is generally an arrogant bastard. But i like trying out new beers and IPAs and generally try and stick with the darker beers. Im not sure why but they dont negatively affect me as much as the Lite beers.

dieselpunk Porter is also pretty good. imo.

hard part for me is just remember the names of the ones ive only tried once.
Reply/Quote
I've found a new love in my beer list:
[Image: K%25C3%25B6stritzer%2BSchwarzbier.jpg]

I've been a fan of its lighter cousin for quite some time, but I stumbled on this recently and the heavenly host cried out to me at the first sip.

This is the lighter cousin:
[Image: Duitsland_Zuidwesten_Bitburger_Premium_Pils.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Have you guys tried the new Raspberry flavored Miller Lite?

That shit is the bomb.

Just to make sure everyone knows I am joking here is what I originally posted months ago

(05-26-2015, 06:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: newcastle-gmo.jpg]

Don't like the hoppy IPAs.

Don't like the stouts or porters or anything too heavy.

But I do like more taste than just a lager.
Reply/Quote
I enjoy the Natty Greene brews, made right here in NC. I've tried 3 or 4 of them so far, no complaints. However, my favorite is the Summer Freedom IPA. When I go up to Ohio, I enjoy Elliot Ness, from Great Lakes Brewing Co. Also from here in NC, I like Red Oak, and a few from the Highland Brewing Co.

As far as Domestic Swill? Busch Amber Lager isn't too bad. I can hardly drink most "regular" beers, anymore. The last time I bought my old standby, Miller Lite, I put 8 of them away in about 2 1/2 hours.. With better beers, I am content with 2 or 3.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 11:03 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Tried and true Busch Light!  That's all you'll find in my fridge.  But my going out beer is Bud Light.

My favorite dark beer has been Breckenridge Vanilla Porter.  But I've recently discovered this new beer from Left Hand brewing called Nitro.  It's a milk stout that's really smooth.  Good stuff for something different.

Just noticed your post....I love that Nitro stuff....had it on tap at the local pizza joint/tap room.  Pretty damn good.

The Local West 6th Brewery put out an Oktoberfest that was absolutely outstanding....I couldn't get enough.  Their Amber Ale is good too.
I'll add Heiny Dark as a good beer, and like fred, I enjoy a good Newcastle now and again too.

Blue Stallion Brewing puts out a mean Dunkel as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Any game of thrones fans been trying the special beers they have been releasing? ive enjoyed them all so far...
Reply/Quote
I like bud light. However, may switch back to Busch light simply because you get a free 6pk per case.

Reply/Quote
Spent a couple of weeks in Ireland last fall and left there with a new favourite beer - Smithwicks. Amazing beer. Also lots of great craft beers up here in Canada but won't bore you with a bunch of names most of you have never heard of
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 04:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've found a new love in my beer list:
[Image: K%25C3%25B6stritzer%2BSchwarzbier.jpg]

I've been a fan of its lighter cousin for quite some time, but I stumbled on this recently and the heavenly host cried out to me at the first sip.

This is the lighter cousin:
[Image: Duitsland_Zuidwesten_Bitburger_Premium_Pils.jpg]

That light one reminded me of a Zinzinnati classic:

[Image: Burger-Beer-Labels-Burger-Brewing-Company_38982-1.jpg]

No kidding, I love that stuff. An old friend with a taste for premium beers who visited 30 years ago was blown away when we told him the price of Burger.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Yuengling is my cheap beer if I am drinking a lot. (Normal, no light BS.)
Stella if I am feeling a little fancier.

Otherwise I enjoy trying any kind of craft beer that's not an IPA. If I don't know what I am feeling like, I generally just grab a 6-pack of some local brewery or head to Jungle Jims and try some weirder stuff.

Tried Perrin's No Rules recently, and it's absurdly sweet for a 15% beer. Will mess you up. Lol
Brother-in-law got me to try Founder's Breakfast Stout awhile back, and recently made a Growler of 50/50 mix of Left Hand Milk Stout and Young's Oatmeal Stout, and that just tastes like breakfast. Great for tailgating or something.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
In Germany I drank a lot of Binding and Doppelbock. I would switch about every 6 months.

Reply/Quote
Voodoo Ranger IPAs.
Reply/Quote