Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bell Plans On Returning Now?
(10-07-2018, 02:41 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Exactly

I had a feeling Conner was good when given a chance, but when you fall behind, they can't go with the run game and then Conner's stats suffer.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 03:31 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Again, I'll try to explain this for the millionth time. People come to games to enjoy themselves. If they pay to see a game, they are free to come and go as they please. Some people go to games to sit back, chill with friends and family, and enjoy a night out. Why do people with no lives such as yourselves, seem to think they have to stay the whole time? If people leave early, because their team is losing, that's their business. If people leave early to take their kids home to bed for school in the morning, or to get to work in the morning, that's their business. Why do Bengals fans not show up when their team is losing but sell out, when they're doing well? At least with Pittsburgh, they sell out whether they have a winning or losing season. Bengals fans don't even show up when they're losing. Do you hear Steelers fans starting posts about it? No, because Steelers fans worry about their own team, and not why the Bengals are selling seats for their home games. Gosh man, enough already. Is their leaving early affecting your life at all? If the answer is no, then stop it already. You sound like a whiny *****. 
Watching the game, so I don’t have time to respond totally, but I’ll just say you keep looking stupider and stupider.

People cheer for a team and have loyalty, they get sad or happy based on results, but you’re just proving what you’re trying to argue against: that Steelers fans are bandwagon and can’t handle losing!!!

THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 03:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Watching the game, so I don’t have time to respond totally, but I’ll just say you keep looking stupider and stupider.

People cheer for a team and have loyalty, they get sad or happy based on results, but you’re just proving what you’re trying to argue against: that Steelers fans are bandwagon and can’t handle losing!!!

THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT!!!

Oh my gosh, I already said many many posts ago that Steelers have band wagon fans. Every team has them. Thanks for reaffirming what I already said many days ago. Try and keep up please, your stupid is showing. I'm so proud that our little BRADLEY is finally learning to read. Now be quiet and let the adults talk.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 03:53 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Oh my gosh, I already said many many posts ago that Steelers have band wagon fans. Every team has them. Thanks for reaffirming what I already said many days ago. Try and keep up please, your stupid is showing. I'm so proud that our little BRADLEY is finally learning to read. Now be quiet and let the adults talk.

Actually, I don't think I've ever seen someone accused of being a bandwagon Bengals fan.......  sorry that we're true fans.

And it's beyond just a few bandwagon fans because your stands EMPTIED!

You're trying to argue that it would have been different if it weren't a night game, which is a complete joke, and that maybe they had to get up in the morning, which is another joke because (1) they knew how late it would go when they decided to do, (2) the game wasn't even for sure lost, and (3) they sure as hell wouldn't have left if they were winning!

The Steelers are just bandwagon fans!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:34 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Actually, I don't think I've ever seen someone accused of being a bandwagon Bengals fan.......  sorry that we're true fans.

And it's beyond just a few bandwagon fans because your stands EMPTIED!

You're trying to argue that it would have been different if it weren't a night game, which is a complete joke, and that maybe they had to get up in the morning, which is another joke because (1) they knew how late it would go when they decided to do, (2) the game wasn't even for sure lost, and (3) they sure as hell wouldn't have left if they were winning!

The Steelers are just bandwagon fans!

Dude, shut up already. You sound like a broken record. You keep saying the same things over and over again that the people couldn't possibly be leaving early for work or kids, but they are valid reasons. I know working isn't in your vocabulary, but there is such a thing as people working in the morning, during the week. Yes Bengals fans can be bandwagon fans. EVERY team can have band wagon fans. Apparently you don't know the definition of a band wagon fan. A band wagon fan is a fan that jumps onto a team when they're winning and then leaves when they start losing. When Bengals are losing, they can't even sell out. When they're winning, the stadium is packed. That IS what band wagon fans do. Yes they don't have as many as the Steelers, but they do have them. Now you know the TRUE definition of a band wagon fan, maybe you'll see things differently. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:48 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Dude, shut up already. You sound like a broken record. You keep saying the same things over and over again that the people couldn't possibly be leaving early for work or kids, but they are valid reasons. I know working isn't in your vocabulary, but there is such a thing as people working in the morning, during the week. Yes Bengals fans can be bandwagon fans. EVERY team can have band wagon fans. Apparently you don't know the definition of a band wagon fan. A band wagon fan is a fan that jumps onto a team when they're winning and then leaves when they start losing. When Bengals are losing, they can't even sell out. When they're winning, the stadium is packed. That IS what band wagon fans do. Yes they don't have as many as the Steelers, but they do have them. Now you know the TRUE definition of a band wagon fan, maybe you'll see things differently. 
ANSWER ME THIS THEN: WHY HAS THAT NEVER BEEN AN ISSUE IN ANY OTHER STEELERS GAME I’VE EVER SEEN?!

Did Steelers fans not have jobs or children until this year?!

I can’t believe you’re sticking to this excuse like anyone is stupid enough to believe your bullshit.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 02:40 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: To be exact 62 yards rushing and 37 receiving in the first.

Bell can suck a.....

Don’t need him.

Wow... that's impressive against one of the worst defenses in the league that's missing 5 starters.  I'm sure the rest of the league hopes Tomlin doesn't realize that he's got the second coming of Jim Brown on the roster and puts Conner on the bench in place of Bell when he signs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 06:59 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: ANSWER ME THIS THEN: WHY HAS THAT NEVER BEEN AN ISSUE IN ANY OTHER STEELERS GAME I’VE EVER SEEN?!

Did Steelers fans not have jobs or children until this year?!

I can’t believe you’re sticking to this excuse like anyone is stupid enough to believe your bullshit.

If you watch night games, you will see that. You only claim you didn't see it then because you want to act like it's just a thing that happens now to further your agenda that Steelers fans are bandwagon jumpers. Trust me Brad, it happens to other teams as well at night. It has nothing to do with band wagon fans. It's because it's late and people need to go to bed. I already said SOME of them may be band wagon fans and leaving early, hey it's the Steelers, they have them, but there's also some that have other excuses. To say none of them left because of other reasons besides they're band wagon jumpers, is just ridiculous and shows how little you actually know. You sound really unknowledgeable right now when you post dumb crap like that.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:32 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: If you watch night games, you will see that. You only claim you didn't see it then because you want to act like it's just a thing that happens now to further your agenda that Steelers fans are bandwagon jumpers. Trust me Brad, it happens to other teams as well at night. It has nothing to do with band wagon fans. It's because it's late and people need to go to bed. I already said SOME of them may be band wagon fans and leaving early, hey it's the Steelers, they have them, but there's also some that have other excuses. To say none of them left because of other reasons besides they're band wagon jumpers, is just ridiculous and shows how little you actually know. You sound really unknowledgeable right now when you post dumb crap like that.

PLEASE show me another team that’s as storied as the Steelers with as arrogant a fan base that this happens to!

You keep saying I sound really dumb when you keep throwing out these reasons that make absolutely no sense!

They’re adult fans that claim to love the franchise and be loyal yet they jump ship when things start to look dim! You avoided the questions in my post like the plague because you have no answers because your fan base is a joke!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: Wow... that's impressive against one of the worst defenses in the league that's missing 5 starters.  I'm sure the rest of the league hopes Tomlin doesn't realize that he's got the second coming of Jim Brown on the roster and puts Conner on the bench in place of Bell when he signs.

True. But he did have the most rushing yards, highest ypc (RB with at least 5 carries), second most receiving yards (RB), and highest total yards against Atlanta this year. He had the best day for any RB against them, so far, this year. His numbers were exactly what you would expect of Bell against that D.....and for a fraction of the cost. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 06:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: PLEASE show me another team that’s as storied as the Steelers with as arrogant a fan base that this happens to!

You keep saying I sound really dumb when you keep throwing out these reasons that make absolutely no sense!

They’re adult fans that claim to love the franchise and be loyal yet they jump ship when things start to look dim!  You avoided the questions in my post like the plague because you have no answers because your fan base is a joke!

The only joke here is the one you staring at you in the mirror. I answered your question about a dozen times already. Just because you don't like hearing the truth, doesn't mean I avoided answering it like the plague. Please, just drop it already. It's been over a week. You've already shown everyone that you whine about everything. I really feel sorry for you.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 07:34 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: The only joke here is the one you staring at you in the mirror. I answered your question about a dozen times already. Just because you don't like hearing the truth, doesn't mean I avoided answering it like the plague. Please, just drop it already. It's been over a week. You've already shown everyone that you whine about everything. I really feel sorry for you.

Once again, your explanations make zero sense!

How the hell are you even still trying to throw out this bullshit!

I’ve countered it so many times and you keep repeating it like somehow it will make sense this time around!

Do you have no self-respect?

You do cheer for a rapist, so that’s probably a bad question.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 07:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, your explanations make zero sense!

How the hell are you even still trying to throw out this bullshit!

I’ve countered it so many times and you keep repeating it like somehow it will make sense this time around!

Do you have no self-respect?

You do cheer for a rapist, so that’s probably a bad question.

Again, I'm going to do you a favor. You make such bad posts I can't stand seeing you suffer like this. I'm going to help you slowly put yourself out of your misery. I'm going to stop responding to this one as well so it'll slowly doe off into the second page and stop any further embarrassment I've put you through smacking you around. You're welcome.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 06:57 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: True. But he did have the most rushing yards, highest ypc (RB with at least 5 carries), second most receiving yards (RB), and highest total yards against Atlanta this year. He had the best day for any RB against them, so far, this year. His numbers were exactly what you would expect of Bell against that D.....and for a fraction of the cost. 

It was also the first game of the year the Falcons didn't have Grady Jarrett.  That makes a big difference.  However, I guess I should congratulate Conner for finally having a good day statistically in which he didn't choke in the 4th quarter and fumble in his own end to spark a rally to cost his team a win.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 07:48 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Lol, crying about law enforcement the same way you all cry about the refs. Shocker....

You berated my town, I had an answer.  You, however, do not.  I misspoke when talking about cops in that state.  I meant to call them Law Non-Enforcement.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: It was also the first game of the year the Falcons didn't have Grady Jarrett.  That makes a big difference.  However, I guess I should congratulate Conner for finally having a good day statistically in which he didn't choke in the 4th quarter and fumble in his own end to spark a rally to cost his team a win.

Bla bla bla.....

Do you really think that Le'veon Bell would've had a much better day Sunday than Conner did? Conner had 185, what would you have expected of Bell and how would that additional performance helped on Sunday? And he did it at a fraction of the cost, mind you.

The point isn't that Conner equals Bell, anyways. He doesn't. He doesn't have to. He just has to be capable enough to keep the offense moving. He does that. The offense isn't the problem. They're currently 5th in scoring. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 04:58 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Bla bla bla.....

Do you really think that Le'veon Bell would've had a much better day Sunday than Conner did? Conner had 185, what would you have expected of Bell and how would that additional performance helped on Sunday? And he did it at a fraction of the cost, mind you.

The point isn't that Conner equals Bell, anyways. He doesn't. He doesn't have to. He just has to be capable enough to keep the offense moving. He does that. The offense isn't the problem. They're currently 5th in scoring. 

It would depend on how long Bell played in a blowout as to what his stat line looked like.  

What are the Steelers doing with those savings?  Nothing.  So I'm not sure what the argument is.  Normally, when you go with a cheaper player, it's so you can invest more money in other areas of the team.  The Steelers aren't a better team with Conner as the RB1.

The Steelers are one of the worst rushing teams in the league.  In the Steelers 2 losses, Conner was held to under 20 yards rushing. That's not keeping the offense moving.  Against good teams, the Steelers have no offensive balance.  An effective run game helps the defense by controlling the clock, giving the players time to rest, and giving the coaches more time to analyze and make adjustments.

The question isn't how much better Bell would have done in a blowout against a bad team with an injury ridden defense.  The question is would Bell get completely shut down against the Chiefs and Ravens like Conner?  The question is would Bell choke and fumble against the Browns?  I think you know the answers.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 10:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: It would depend on how long Bell played in a blowout as to what his stat line looked like.  

What are the Steelers doing with those savings?  Nothing.  So I'm not sure what the argument is.  Normally, when you go with a cheaper player, it's so you can invest more money in other areas of the team.  The Steelers aren't a better team with Conner as the RB1.

The Steelers are one of the worst rushing teams in the league.  In the Steelers 2 losses, Conner was held to under 20 yards rushing. That's not keeping the offense moving.  Against good teams, the Steelers have no offensive balance.  An effective run game helps the defense by controlling the clock, giving the players time to rest, and giving the coaches more time to analyze and make adjustments.

The question isn't how much better Bell would have done in a blowout against a bad team with an injury ridden defense.  The question is would Bell get completely shut down against the Chiefs and Ravens like Conner?  The question is would Bell choke and fumble against the Browns?  I think you know the answers.

You're just looking at stat lines and not paying attention to what actually happened. 

In both losses where Conner was held to under 20 yards, the Steelers fell behind quickly, immediately taking them out of their game plan. 

Against Kansas City, the Steelers were behind 21-0 six minutes into the game. Digging deeper you'll find that their first possession was a 3 and out. 3 incomplete passes by Ben, followed by a 2 play drive by KC. Next possession? Another 3 and out. Connor had 1 run, followed by 2 incomplete passes, the another quick 5 play TD drive by KC. Third drive? Connor ran 1 time followed by 9 consecutive passes, most from the no huddle, and a missed FG.....then another quick 6 play TD drive. 

At that point, 6 minutes into the game, Conner had 2 carries and the Steelers were down by 3 touchdowns. How effective do you think ANY running back would be in that situation? 

Against Baltimore....Ravens score first. Pittsburgh starts with 3 consecutive pass plays, the last a fumble. Baltimore scores again quickly in 4 plays. Conner has yet to register a carry and the Steelers are already down 14-0 again causing them to get out of their GP. 

In both of those games, they're playing catch up by multiple touchdowns less than 1/2 of one quarter into the game. There's no 'controlling the clock' at that point. It's all out the window. So yes, my guess is that Bell gets shut down much the same way against Baltimore and KC the way that Connor did. Does he have a better stat line in the end? Possibly. But not significantly. And would it have made a difference in the outcome of the game? HIGHLY doubtful. 

As far as what they are doing with the savings? In 2018? Absolutely nothing. They cant. His franchise tag has to be counted against the cap, so they can't do anything with it this year. But, to the best of my research, I believe that any money that he foregoes by holding out can be carried over into the next year. So if Bell sits 10 games and misses out on $9M, the Steelers will likely be able to carry over that $9M in cap space into next year and use that money in other areas of need. 
Reply/Quote
You might also want to check Bell's stats from last year where in 8 games he averaged less than 4 ypc including a 3.2 ypc performance against Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 08:48 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You're just looking at stat lines and not paying attention to what actually happened. 

In both losses where Conner was held to under 20 yards, the Steelers fell behind quickly, immediately taking them out of their game plan. 

Against Kansas City, the Steelers were behind 21-0 six minutes into the game. Digging deeper you'll find that their first possession was a 3 and out. 3 incomplete passes by Ben, followed by a 2 play drive by KC. Next possession? Another 3 and out. Connor had 1 run, followed by 2 incomplete passes, the another quick 5 play TD drive by KC. Third drive? Connor ran 1 time followed by 9 consecutive passes, most from the no huddle, and a missed FG.....then another quick 6 play TD drive. 

At that point, 6 minutes into the game, Conner had 2 carries and the Steelers were down by 3 touchdowns. How effective do you think ANY running back would be in that situation? 

Against Baltimore....Ravens score first. Pittsburgh starts with 3 consecutive pass plays, the last a fumble. Baltimore scores again quickly in 4 plays. Conner has yet to register a carry and the Steelers are already down 14-0 again causing them to get out of their GP. 

In both of those games, they're playing catch up by multiple touchdowns less than 1/2 of one quarter into the game. There's no 'controlling the clock' at that point. It's all out the window. So yes, my guess is that Bell gets shut down much the same way against Baltimore and KC the way that Connor did. Does he have a better stat line in the end? Possibly. But not significantly. And would it have made a difference in the outcome of the game? HIGHLY doubtful. 

As far as what they are doing with the savings? In 2018? Absolutely nothing. They cant. His franchise tag has to be counted against the cap, so they can't do anything with it this year. But, to the best of my research, I believe that any money that he foregoes by holding out can be carried over into the next year. So if Bell sits 10 games and misses out on $9M, the Steelers will likely be able to carry over that $9M in cap space into next year and use that money in other areas of need. 

Generally speaking, RB's have a higher ypc in games in which their team trails.  The opposing defense focuses on shutting down the pass.  Conner averaged 2.1 ypc against the Chiefs and Ravens.  His raw stats didn't just suck because he didn't get carries in those games.  His raw stats sucked because he was ineffective when he carried the ball despite the fact that the defense was more focused on the pass.  
Reply/Quote