Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bell Plans On Returning Now?
(10-29-2018, 03:04 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Can trade him if he returns after the trade deadline.

If he doesn't return before 5 days before the trade deadline, I'd say they should just rescind the franchise tag. Screw him. He's just being a prima donna. I understand he wants to reset the market on the running back position, and I agree that he should be paid as a #1 RB. I just don't think he should be paid as a #2 WR just because he was #2 on WR list. When you're a RB, you're also a WR. That's part of your job. I thought 12 million a year was plenty of money a year. I also think the Steelers short changed him in the guaranteed money. I'd say 5 years for 60 million dollars with 50 million guaranteed would be good enough.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Who the **** is this guy? Mellow :paul:

I'm your real dad...The one that left....Cause you are a disappointment. 
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:57 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: If he doesn't return before 5 days before the trade deadline, I'd say they should just rescind the franchise tag. Screw him. He's just being a prima donna. I understand he wants to reset the market on the running back position, and I agree that he should be paid as a #1 RB. I just don't think he should be paid as a #2 WR just because he was #2 on WR list. When you're a RB, you're also a WR. That's part of your job. I thought 12 million a year was plenty of money a year. I also think the Steelers short changed him in the guaranteed money. I'd say 5 years for 60 million dollars with 50 million guaranteed would be good enough.

Trade deadline is tomorrow.  Steelers would love to trade him probably won't be able to.  Steelers are not stupid enough to just let him go to whomever wants him, that is literally the dumbest play they have.  They will honor the franchise tag when he returns and play him in hopes he preforms and helps the team to a Super Bowl.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 04:09 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Trade deadline is tomorrow.  Steelers would love to trade him probably won't be able to.  Steelers are not stupid enough to just let him go to whomever wants him, that is literally the dumbest play they have.  They will honor the franchise tag when he returns and play him in hopes he preforms and helps the team to a Super Bowl.

I just hope he doesn't hurt the team's chemistry. I know some players have said some things to him that they can't take back and I hope they welcome him back. I would hate to see him come back and be a locker room cancer. I also hope they don't just put him right back into the #1 RB position because he won't be in football shape for a few weeks. They could use him for a half and use Conner for the other half. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Who the **** is this guy? Mellow :paul:

He's that guy that only comes around when his team is winning. Forget his name...something like B.S. Poop or something.  Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 06:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's that guy that only comes around when his team is winning. Forget his name...something like B.S. Poop or something.  Mellow
Must be a Bungal fan. Steeler fan's team is always winning. Know what I Vern? ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 05:04 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I just hope he doesn't hurt the team's chemistry. I know some players have said some things to him that they can't take back and I hope they welcome him back. I would hate to see him come back and be a locker room cancer. I also hope they don't just put him right back into the #1 RB position because he won't be in football shape for a few weeks. They could use him for a half and use Conner for the other half. 

This is hilarious to me because Steelers fans continue to prove why they're clueless.

Do you think Bell has been just sitting around and eating Twinkies since he started this holdout?  Been getting out of shape?  

I'd have to imagine that he's been working out a lot and training.

Oh, wait, my fault because you said "football shape," but what is that?  Running?  Cutting?  You don't think he has been doing that?  They can't hit much in practice, so not like he is missing that.

So, my intelligent Steelers friend, what is "football shape" and what would prevent Bell from training to get into "football shape" on his own?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 06:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This is hilarious to me because Steelers fans continue to prove why they're clueless.

Do you think Bell has been just sitting around and eating Twinkies since he started this holdout?  Been getting out of shape?  

Oh, wait, my fault because you said "football shape," but what is that?  Running?  Cutting?  You don't think he has been doing that?  They can't hit much in practice, so not like he is missing that.

So, my intelligent Steelers friend, what is "football shape" and what would prevent Bell from training to get into "football shape" on his own?

You can't honestly be this clueless? Please tell me your joking? You think just because he's working out in a gym, he'll be ready to play against real competition? Hell no. He needs to have real contact. He can't do that in a gym. Gym shape and football shape are 2 totally different things. He'll be so out of shape for football that he'll be as useful as he was the first part of last season. When he had like 40 some yards of total offense against a bad Browns defense. He will have even less this week if he finally signs the tag Wednesday and plays against a better defense in Baltimore. That is why we Steelers fans laugh at you Brad. You really are clueless about football except what you see and hear on Bengals sites.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 06:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This is hilarious to me because Steelers fans continue to prove why they're clueless.

I also loved how you disappeared from the smack talk board after the Bengals lost to the Steelers and didn't return until after they won. Hmm
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 11:39 AM)Dill Wrote: So stupid. Could have been a HoFer, and new he will just be another Mike Wallace.
Probably accurate. 
(10-29-2018, 02:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Steeler's should just remove the tag and wish him well. Cut him loose, they have the better cheaper option in Connor.
If they keep him through the season and let him walk, they will get a 3rd round pick in 2020 as compensation. I know that the Steelers really value draft picks and a 3rd ain't too shabby, but I'd really like to see them rescind the offer as he's parking his car to come in and sign it. That would totally screw him over.

However it wouldn't surprise me to see the Patriots, much like they did with Harrison last year, sign him for the last few games and then the playoffs for the 4-5 million that he'd be losing in Pittsburgh. Could you imagine the Pats offense with Brady and Bell?  Shocked
(10-29-2018, 02:27 PM)Dill Wrote: Trade. Get something in return.

I think the deadline is soon and he signs the contract after the deadline. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:03 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: You can't honestly be this clueless? Please tell me your joking? You think just because he's working out in a gym, he'll be ready to play against real competition? Hell no. He needs to have real contact. He can't do that in a gym. Gym shape and football shape are 2 totally different things. He'll be so out of shape for football that he'll be as useful as he was the first part of last season. When he had like 40 some yards of total offense against a bad Browns defense. He will have even less this week if he finally signs the tag Wednesday and plays against a better defense in Baltimore. That is why we Steelers fans laugh at you Brad. You really are clueless about football except what you see and hear on Bengals sites.

Real contact?!  

What's ironic is you're calling me clueless and then you go and post this!

You think NFL teams have full contact with their star players like running backs all season?  Just line them up and run them full speed at linebackers?!  

This is very entertaining!

Especially with the new rules, you think that Bell would be taking hits in practice?

Also, Bell's your team's running back, so this is sad that I have to explain it to you, but Bell's style isn't a running style that takes much contact.  Bell's a patient runner and waits for holes to open and then just runs through them fast, and he's also a great cutback runner, which also limits the hits that he takes. 

You think he's not practicing his cutting, acceleration, and all the other things that make him a good back, aside from the things that are natural, like patience and vision?

Please, read all that, tell me how I'm the clueless one, and provide all of us, including your fellow Steelers fans, with a good laugh.

(10-29-2018, 07:06 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I also loved how you disappeared from the smack talk board after the Bengals lost to the Steelers and didn't return until after they won. Hmm

I presented in Smack Talk 23 times since the Bengals lost to the Steelers!  TWENTY-THREE!!!!!!  

You're an ABSOLUTE IDIOT!  

Good lord, you personify how moronic Steelers Nation is!  

Honestly, does your mom's basement just not have a good enough signal to check this website?!

If you mean last week, it just might be because I was presenting on four days at school and colleges, but my fault for missing out on Smack Talk because of my profession, which, once again, isn't something I'd expect you or your fellow Steelers fans to understand.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 09:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Real contact?!  

What's ironic is you're calling me clueless and then you go and post this!

You think NFL teams have full contact with their star players like running backs all season?  Just line them up and run them full speed at linebackers?!  

This is very entertaining!

Especially with the new rules, you think that Bell would be taking hits in practice?

Also, Bell's your team's running back, so this is sad that I have to explain it to you, but Bell's style isn't a running style that takes much contact.  Bell's a patient runner and waits for holes to open and then just runs through them fast, and he's also a great cutback runner, which also limits the hits that he takes. 

You think he's not practicing his cutting, acceleration, and all the other things that make him a good back, aside from the things that are natural, like patience and vision?

Please, read all that, tell me how I'm the clueless one, and provide all of us, including your fellow Steelers fans, with a good laugh.

Oh dang, I can''t believe I have to explain to you, people get into football shape by being present and playing pres season games. I know people won't be as hard hitting on your team, but during pres season games, you can get into football shape. That's why when Bell missed all preseason last year, he started off really bad. I can't believe I'm trying to explain football 101 to a guy that claims he's soo superior to me, yet doesn't even know that, when it's basic knowledge. Are you really this stupid or are you trying really hard to be funny? Please tell me you're not really THIS stupid? Your posts alone set the Bengals fans intelligence back like 95 IQ points. Oh and just so you know, Bell's style of running works in Pittsburgh because of the Oline. The Oline gives him time to be a patient runner. If he went to some of these other Olines, he wouldn't have the time to be patient and wit for holes to open. So yes you are still the biggest fool that posts on these boards. Have a nice day.
Reply/Quote
A lot of Steeler fans point to this picture of Bell jet skiing last month in Miami when talking about being out of shape. Hard to tell much with the jacket, but from what you can see he does look a little soft around the edges. 

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 09:45 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Oh dang, I can''t believe I have to explain to you, people get into football shape by being present and playing pres season games. I know people won't be as hard hitting on your team, but during pres season games, you can get into football shape. That's why when Bell missed all preseason last year, he started off really bad. I can't believe I'm trying to explain football 101 to a guy that claims he's soo superior to me, yet doesn't even know that, when it's basic knowledge. Are you really this stupid or are you trying really hard to be funny? Please tell me you're not really THIS stupid? Your posts alone set the Bengals fans intelligence back like 95 IQ points. Oh and just so you know, Bell's style of running works in Pittsburgh because of the Oline. The Oline gives him time to be a patient runner. If he went to some of these other Olines, he wouldn't have the time to be patient and wit for holes to open. So yes you are still the biggest fool that posts on these boards. Have a nice day.

You think playing in a few series in a preseason game gets you into “football shape” more than running and cutting on his own could?!

Are you seriously this stupid? You’ve gotta be joking, right?

Please tell me how running and cutting on his own is any different than in a preseason game when he wouldn’t be getting hit much anyways!

Plus, being in the league for another year will make it less likely that he needs any preseason time.

Why do you think NFL vets want to shorten the preseason or get rid of it all together?!

According to you, it makes or breaks a player’s season!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 11:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You think playing in a few series in a preseason game gets you into “football shape” more than running and cutting on his own could?!

Please tell me how running and cutting on his own is any different than in a preseason game when he wouldn’t be getting hit much anyways!  

Plus, being in the league for another year will make it less likely that he needs any preseason time.

Why do you think NFL vets want to shorten the preseason or get rid of it all together?!

According to you, it makes or breaks a player’s season!

Wow, way to butcher what I said. I never said it makes or breaks a player's season. Preseason games do get a player into shape more than running and cutting on his own could. I thought you had to be playing stupid, but I see you really are this stupid now. When you're running and cutting on your own, you don't have 250 pound people running after you trying to knock you down. The reason the players want to shorten it is because it's preseason and the games don't mean anything and they're still risking their careers for meaningless games. That's the reason you dolt. Let me go back to basics and teach you football 101. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 11:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You think playing in a few series in a preseason game gets you into “football shape” more than running and cutting on his own could?!

Gotta side with the Captain on this one.

Pounding the ball, looking for that break upfield while dodging or running over top athletes trying to take you down, is rather different from "running and cutting" in the park an hour before lunch--especially when deep in the 4th quarter, the game is on the line, and your calves and hands have been stamped on in pile after pile and your ankle has just been re-taped.  Where's the adrenaline when practicing alone? How can running through tires and bumping dummies provide the route timing needed to catch passes on the run, or wait for a block to develop and then hit the hole full burst? How does your field vision develop in the gym?

Everyone who has played football or basketball or wrestled or ran track knows this. The intense competition pushes you to a different level.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 06:29 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Must be a Bungal fan. Steeler fan's team is always winning. Know what I Vern? ThumbsUp

No, what do you Vern ?  Ninja

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Expect he will come back, get paid and feign an injury in second week when he realizes his numbers will not garner the contract he seeks.

Then claim it was injury that held him back all along and start networking his buddies to find new team willing to go all in on a RB.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 11:52 PM)Dill Wrote: Gotta side with the Captain on this one.

Pounding the ball, looking for that break upfield while dodging or running over top athletes trying to take you down, is rather different from "running and cutting" in the park an hour before lunch--especially when deep in the 4th quarter, the game is on the line, and your calves and hands have been stamped on in pile after pile and your ankle has just been re-taped.  Where's the adrenaline when practicing alone? How can running through tires and bumping dummies provide the route timing needed to catch passes on the run, or wait for a block to develop and then hit the hole full burst?  How does your field vision develop in the gym?

Everyone who has played football or basketball or wrestled or ran track knows this. The intense competition pushes you to a different level.

Finally someone with some sense. If just running and cutting by yourself, gets you into football shape like Brad thinks, team practices wouldn't be as important. Most everyone that's already proved their worth would just skip all preseason games and stay at home and start running and cutting by themselves.

(10-30-2018, 12:33 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Expect he will come back, get paid and feign an injury in second week when he realizes his numbers will not garner the contract he seeks.

Then claim it was injury that held him back all along and start networking his buddies to find new team willing to go all in on a RB.

Yes this is what I hate about it. I bet he does something like that. He really doesn't have to prove anything because he's a game changing back. He's very important to a team, but he's also a prima donna that's a cancer to the lockerroom if he doesn't get hs own way. All the GM's and team owners knows Bell is just a "missed" drug test  away from a year's suspension and is a year older and his knees aren't that great. He should be good for a few years at least as long as he doesn't get caught with drugs. I will hate to see him go, but he's asking for too much money.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 04:09 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Trade deadline is tomorrow.  Steelers would love to trade him probably won't be able to.  Steelers are not stupid enough to just let him go to whomever wants him, that is literally the dumbest play they have.  They will honor the franchise tag when he returns and play him in hopes he preforms and helps the team to a Super Bowl.

There's the rub.

Don't want to see him in the division, and not with the Pats or Jags or any other team Steelers might regularly see in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote