Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal Fans suddenly have "Chase Young Fever"
Young isn't even playing and they are still smashing Maryland.

Because they are a well coached team.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 04:54 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Young isn't even playing and they are still smashing Maryland.

Yep, sometimes a player seems better because their teammates are better and help him appear really good.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 05:15 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Yep, sometimes a player seems better because their teammates are better and help him appear really good.

That's why it's tough to evaluate guys from Alabama and LSU too. Loaded teams. I'm sure that helps QB's out.
Reply/Quote
nope it is going to be Tua. He's got bum ankles and just dropped the ball (ala Andy) on the 7 yard lone. If that doesn't have future Bengal written all over it, I don't know what does

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Burrow just made that look easy against Bama
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 05:57 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Burrow just made that look easy against Bama

He sure did..

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 04:54 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Young isn't even playing and they are still smashing Maryland.

And infinitely more talented than Maryland, but I get your point.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Naw, you draft Burrow

Reply/Quote
I'd be upset. I think he is really overrated.
Reply/Quote
Wanted O line but watching Burrows in the LSU v Alabama I am impressed with Burrows. Hey OSU why did u NOT play this guy. He is so much better than Haskins could ever dream of being

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Burrow has just been impressive this game. Kind of reminds me of a young Philip Rivers with a little more mobility
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 07:53 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Wanted O line but watching Burrows in the LSU v Alabama I am impressed with Burrows.  Hey OSU why did u NOT play this guy.  He is so much better than Haskins could ever dream of being

There was talk that Urban Meyer teased him and said he had a D3 arm. Lacked arm strength. He apparently did stuff to improve it.

Last year at LSU, Burrow had a 57.8% completion percentage. This year it's 78.8%.

Last year 16 TD, 5 Int. This year 30 TD, 4 Int.

His numbers have improved dramatically. Is he a 1 year wonder? Or did he improve?

There will be some risk to him.

I think a guy like Tua that has done if for more than 1 year is less risk...but Burrow looks kind of like Peyton Manning in this game. 
Reply/Quote
Not impressed with Tua! His receivers make him look better than he is! Burrows? He is winning me over. Let’s see what he does if Bama comes back

Reply/Quote
C'mon folks..The Bengals are hard at work scouring training rooms as we speak searching under every rock in every college seeking out the most injured first round picks.. They have spies to identify guys with bones about to break, tendons about to snap and brains just waiting to be concussed. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 08:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There was talk that Urban Meyer teased him and said he had a D3 arm. Lacked arm strength. He apparently did stuff to improve it.

Last year at LSU, Burrow had a 57.8% completion percentage. This year it's 78.8%.

His numbers have improved dramatically. Is he a 1 year wonder? Or did he improve?

I think a guy like Tua that has done if for more than 1 year is less risk...but Burrow looks kind of like Peyton Manning in this game. 

I wonder how much of it has to do with Joe Brady. He is their passing coordinator and he came down from the New Orleans Saints. He was an offensive assistant there for a few years. This is his first year at LSU. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 08:50 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I wonder how much of it has to do with Joe Brady. He is their passing coordinator and he came down from the New Orleans Saints. He was an offensive assistant there for a few years. This is his first year at LSU. 

And this impacts Burrows how?

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 08:58 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: And this impacts Burrows how?  

Good coaching helping him progress. It explains why he'd go from above average for 3 years to great.

He does seem to be very accurate. His pocket presence is ok, but not great. That's a worry if he comes here. Also we have bad coaching...so if he is a product of coaching, he'd regress here.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 09:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Good coaching helping him progress. It explains why he'd go from above average for 3 years to great.

He does seem to be very accurate. His pocket presence is ok, but not great. That's a worry if he comes here. Also we have bad coaching...so if he is a product of coaching, he'd regress here.

Good points. Maybe we should just draft the kid and bring Joe Brady on as OC. Why not, he has just as much experience if not more than our head coach who needs to step down from play calling.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 08:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There was talk that Urban Meyer teased him and said he had a D3 arm. Lacked arm strength. He apparently did stuff to improve it.

Urban Meyer directly said that he threw like a girl...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2019, 10:32 PM)jason Wrote: Urban Meyer directly said that he threw like a girl...

His throws against Alabama were mainly 5 to 15 yards. Plus he had a dominant rb.

Here we cant run.

If he cant throw 50-60 yards...it would be tough for him.
Reply/Quote