Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2019 OL
(05-20-2019, 03:48 PM)yang Wrote: When?  and he wasn't great at LT.   He's a 9.25 million cap hit.  Zeitler is $5 million.   

Zeitler makes $10 million though.

Glenn has a $2 million cap hit if waived and makes $9.25 million. Not terrible for a Guard if he's quality.

Dalton is going to have to throw over a 6 foot 8 Guard though.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:48 PM)yang Wrote: When?  

Glenn started 28 games at LG in college.
Reply/Quote
Any starting lineup without Hart at T is better.

Miller and Price are the Wildcards. Boling would be decent at RT. Williams should be atleast Above Average at LT as a rookie.

I do like that they're looking to change some things to improve.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:44 PM)yang Wrote: Sooo….  Rookie LT.  Glenn has never played guard....2nd year center that played poorly,  RG Miller wasn't wanted by his last team, and Hart was one of the league's worst RT's.  

Glenn's cap hit 9.25 million.  

This is going to be, ummm, interesting. 

Good ting Boling will replace either Miller or Hart.
Reply/Quote
It's promising that they realized Glenn doesn't cut it at LT. Hopefully a move inside will help him avoid injuries too.

Basically Price would be the only lineman playing the same position as last year IF we start Boling at RT.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:49 PM)yang Wrote: God that's brutal.  

What is brutal about it? It is brutal if Hart is starting...

Dalton's blind side is protected with Jonah unlike when Glenn was there. Glenn has played LG before and his size fits Guard better then Tackle, Price should get much better in his second year, Miller is better then Redmond, Boling is much better than Hart. Better all across the board then last year.
Reply/Quote
I just hope that Jonah is ready for LT. I liked the idea of easing him in as a RT.

I know people will cite his pedigree at Alabama and it does look great, but there have been a lot of high pick Tackles that have struggled recently.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 04:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just hope that Jonah is ready for LT. I liked the idea of easing him in as a RT.

I know people will cite his pedigree at Alabama and it does look great, but there have been a lot of high pick Tackles that have struggled recently.

Jonah is sound with his feet and hands, i think he plays better then Glenn did last year at LT even as a rookie.

I like how Jonah plays really physical too, i thought Glenn played way too soft at LT last season.
Reply/Quote
Glenn was definitely a finesse guy. Not what you want to see from a 6 foot 8, 340 lb guy.
Reply/Quote
I don't see a version that is realistic that doesn't start Miller at RG. They went out and specifically brought the guy in to start at RG. His contract is definitely one that signals starter this year with a "we will see next year" look to it.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: As I said earlier I expect to see different guys moved around on the O-line.  I am just glad they are starting early.  Players can change positions on the o-line without a lot of problem, but the unit needs to work together with everyone in a set place.

We will obviously see more moves when Boling returns, but I hope they have a set lineup early in training camp so everyone can get comfortable with the guys around them.

This is the plan from what I've read.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 04:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't see a version that is realistic that doesn't start Miller at RG. They went out and specifically brought the guy in to start at RG. His contract is definitely one that signals starter this year with a "we will see next year" look to it.

I would imagine Miller starting...but he was in and out of Buffalo's starting lineup all but last year. I could envision scenarios where he is benched here.

I think the forum might shutdown if Hart ends up starting!
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 04:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Glenn was definitely a finesse guy. Not what you want to see from a 6 foot 8, 340 lb guy.

Yeah, i remember one play that stood out where he could of pancaked a Safety and he just lightly pushed him out of the way. Would of went for a Mixon TD if he just played with more effort and physicality. Have to make those plays in order to change games in your favor.

(05-20-2019, 04:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't see a version that is realistic that doesn't start Miller at RG. They went out and specifically brought the guy in to start at RG. His contract is definitely one that signals starter this year with a "we will see next year" look to it.

Feel the same.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 04:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i remember one play that stood out where he could of pancaked a Safety and he just lightly pushed him out of the way. Would of went for a Mixon TD if he just played with more effort and physicality. Have to make those plays in order to change games in your favor.

Feel the same.

I saw him do that against the Saints. He lightly bumped the guy when he was out from blocking. It was insane. If he just runs into the guy Mixon probably had 20 more yards and maybe a TD.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 04:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would imagine Miller starting...but he was in and out of Buffalo's starting lineup all but last year. I could envision scenarios where he is benched here.

I think the forum might shutdown if Hart ends up starting!

They liked what they saw on tape or else you don't give him a deal with a cap hit so heavy in year 1. If he was an internal guy like Hart, maybe. This was an outside FA though which to me means he is the guy.
Reply/Quote

Imo, it's looking like we'll possibly cut either Glenn or Boling. Both underwhelmed last year, have the biggest cap hits, least dead money if cut, and are on the last years of their deals. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell me how stupid this idea is, but we paid Hart, Miller and Hopkins this offseason. Now these 2 older guys with big salaries are being shuffled around. When that stuff starts to happen, a lot of times it winds up with someone getting cut. 

Glenn having versatility could help his case, but if we sign another Tackle in June and Jonah looks good in camp, I'd put my money on him. I'll just say that this is going to be very interesting to watch how it unfolds.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Glenn started 28 games at LG in college.

So that was what, 2009?  2010?   Okay.   Like I said.  I get it's not unheard of, but does anyone really think this will end up like this?  Really?   
Reply/Quote
Wonder if they’ll try to move Price around? He played guard at OSU (better than C to)
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 04:31 PM)yang Wrote: So that was what, 2009?  2010?   Okay.   Like I said.  I get it's not unheard of, but does anyone really think this will end up like this?  Really?   

I don't.  I think this is exactly what they said they were going to do.  Try out a few combos and see which one works best to get the 5 best players on the field at the same time.  If that happens to be Glenn at LG, then so be it.....but I wouldn't bet on that.  I just think Glenn was saying he's open to whatever it takes to win games.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 04:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Imo, it's looking like we'll possibly cut either Glenn or Boling. Both underwhelmed last year, have the biggest cap hits, least dead money if cut, and are on the last years of their deals. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell me how stupid this idea is, but we paid Hart, Miller and Hopkins this offseason. Now these 2 older guys with big salaries are being shuffled around. When that stuff starts to happen, a lot of times it winds up with someone getting cut. 

The narrative on the line all off season has been youth. Hopkins got resigned, Jordan is also in play and we went out and got Miller. I think one of them is gone, but who knows injuries still are to be taken into consideration before cuts get made in August. 
Reply/Quote