Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals/Bills game update
(01-04-2023, 12:40 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Lots of traction from sports outlets on getting the bills/bengals on the schedule to ensure equity. The NFL really has no option but to schedule it.  What can’t happen is, if in 5 weeks, the bills lose a close game in arrowhead, or bengals in orchard park… there will be a lot of pressure on the NFL for making this a no contest.  People have short memories and will “blame”
The nfl.

If the game is scheduled and both teams decide to “not play” that’s on the teams at this point.

I don’t see how the NFL wants to take on that burden.

The NFL also can't just leave the teams hung out to dry either. It's why I hated the idea they just schedule a game tonight and see who turns up. It forces the teams to take the flack for any no contest etc. This is a very challenging spot for the Franchises as well, the League can't just pin this on the Bills or the Bengals, they have a duty to be somewhat protective also. Limits to everything of course, I don't expect the NFL to defend the Bengals if our response to this is literally 'whatever screws Baltimore!'.
Reply/Quote
Instead of a no-contest or a tie, could the NFL have a 'Monday Night showdown' between the Bills and Bengals on Monday, January 9?

Both teams stay in their own stadiums. Fans can attend for both teams in both cities. Referees attend both contests in both cities. Scoreboard live in both stadiums to see what the other team is doing.

An hour-long skills competition determines who 'wins' - longest pass, longest FG, most-accurate passing, etc.

It would be a huge ratings event. The loser of this would still complain, though.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:41 PM)Stewy Wrote: They cannot play any of these games on 3 days notice.  No way.  No how.  The human body does not recover that quickly.  If they play on 3 days notice you're asking for devastating injuries, poor sloppy play and essentially dooming 2 teams to failure in the playoffs by pushing them to play 3 games in 10 days.  Give me the 3 seed instead of that idiot scenario.

Normally I would agree with you here but they only played like 7 minutes of the game monday night.  WHile its still something its not as if they played an entire game and then immediately had to play a full game 3 days later.  Teams play on thursday night after playing on sunday which is only 4 days rest.  
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That give every team in the NFL except Cincy/Buff an extra bye-week. 

Please get rid of your avatar pic.   Im getting PTSD flashbacks   lol
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 11:54 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I can't understand making decisions based on the status of Hamlins health.  2 different things.  No decision the NFL makes is going to impact Hamlin.  What are they going to do if it turns out bad and he passes?  Cancel the season?

The whole problem is that the NFL has to worry about the cancel culture, victim segment of society and it's ridiculous.  Life is hard.  Shit happens.  Man up.  Real leaders step up and make hard decisions.  Real men suck it up and get shit done in the face of adversity, not breakdown and be non functional.  That's all i'm gonna say on that.

Feel free to thrash me for that opinion.

I don;t see it at all that way, has nothing to do with cancel culture, the NFL has a union with the players, they both have input, if they decide it is best to play or not to play the game taking in the health and wellness and impact of the game I don;t see that as cancel culture, I agree with their 1st step, this game is not being played this week , get ready for the weekend games.. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 12:49 PM)Bbeagle Wrote: Instead of a no-contest or a tie, could the NFL have a 'Monday Night showdown' between the Bills and Bengals on Monday, January 9?

Both teams stay in their own stadiums. Fans can attend for both teams in both cities. Referees attend both contests in both cities. Scoreboard live in both stadiums to see what the other team is doing.

An hour-long skills competition determines who 'wins' - longest pass, longest FG, most-accurate passing, etc.

It would be a huge ratings event. The loser of this would still complain, though.

WTF
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 10:14 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah my wife was on one for 2 weeks after a Septic Shock incident.   Worst 2 weeks of my life.   And we had just gone thru months of cancer treatment for her.

She pulled thru though

I’m so glad she pulled through. I could not imagine going through that with my wife.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote