Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Browns predictions
Bengals 27
Browns 16

Browns run well but don't punch it in enough. 2nd half the offense gets in gear and the Bengals put it away.
Reply/Quote
Half and half on this, Garrett and Smith are a nasty DE duo who will be getting to Burrow quickly. Watson doesn’t scare me but Chubb is a monster. Think the Bengals win a close one.

Bengals 20
Browns 17
Reply/Quote
Bengals quick strike passing offense takes makes Browns running offense a no-go. Bengals pass rush destroys Watson's pass game.

Bengals - 24
Browns - 13
Reply/Quote
Did someone delete my post because I made fun of Cleveland being full of poor people? LOL

Either that or I’m losing my marbles.

Bengals 28

Browns 21
Reply/Quote
Bengals win
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 01:08 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: I hope I'm wrong but I think the Bengals will lose the first couple of games and its going to hurt alot worse this year because they are division games. I know Burrow was hurt again this year in training camp and the starters couldn't get any play time in, in the games but personally I don't think they would have anyways because couch Taylor won't take the chance of getting anybody hurt. Can't couch scared and he does. So they will be going thru preseason again thru the first few weeks of the season and start out behind the eight ball again. 

With your logic Bengals and Ravens will be 0-1 since starters for Ravens offense pretty much Sat out preseason too. So 2nd game is up in air by your standard
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We start hot this year.

Bengals 38
Brown 14
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 08:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: With your logic Bengals and Ravens will be 0-1 since starters for Ravens offense pretty much Sat out preseason too. So 2nd game is up in air by your standard

Good to know, didn't know that about the Ravens so I agree 2nd is a toss up.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 23
Browns 20

Going to be a tight game, but we kick a field goal with seconds ticking down to win it. The Browns have a great pass rush that will push our OL. It's never easy against the Browns, but with our improved OL I think we will squeak one through.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 01:08 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: I hope I'm wrong but I think the Bengals will lose the first couple of games and its going to hurt alot worse this year because they are division games. I know Burrow was hurt again this year in training camp and the starters couldn't get any play time in, in the games but personally I don't think they would have anyways because couch Taylor won't take the chance of getting anybody hurt. Can't couch scared and he does. So they will be going thru preseason again thru the first few weeks of the season and start out behind the eight ball again. 

Did you call Coach Taylor a piece of living room furniture? ZT does not coach scared, ask Pete Carroll about JSN injuring his wrist in a preseason game and may not be available week 1....
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 10:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Did you call Coach Taylor a piece of living room furniture? ZT does not coach scared, ask Pete Carroll about JSN injuring his wrist in a preseason game and may not be available week 1....

Well I think one could make the argument that Zac has coached scared and cost us games before. Or maybe it's lack of situational awareness at times during games. While I am a fan of the coaching staffs emphasis on not putting unnecessary stress on players bodies. But if we come out like every other week 1 in Burrows career and let him get pummeled we need to seriously consider not letting the OL get some reps in the preseason. 

As far as the game. I'm worried about this one and I don't know how much the offensive and Burrow not getting a lot of time together and the defense trying to replace Bell and Bates will workout. But someone pointed out our kicking situation is > than the Browns. So maybe that will be a deciding factor. I'll say Bengals 30-24.
Reply/Quote
Basically the only major add for the Stains was Zadarius Smith. The others are not the same caliber. Tomlinson is kinda like BJ Hill but has no DJ Reader next to him - instead he has a frankly bad DT in Jordan Elliot. This is a potential place we can exploit with our power OL assuming we are committed to power gap running. Last year when we used that scheme on the Stains in the second game we ran very effectively, and we stopped Chubb on our end.

I'm thinking 24-17 Bengals with us being the team grinding it out.
Reply/Quote
Division game. Joe hasn't played (and we saw how that looked last year with the steelers). I think the Bengals win, but it's going to be ugly and closer than most people would like.

Bengals 20
Browns 16 (1 Chubb TD and several FGs)

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bengals 30 - 20

McPher-less-son puts the nail in the coffin with a 52 yarder with 1:36 left on the clock. The Browns drive to the 38 yard line where they try a long FG and miss.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24 - Browns 17 F

I'd like to see this team 5-1 heading into the bye week, there's no reason beyond injury that they can't be. Browns & Ravens to start the season is pretty tough. Tough games coming out of the bye too.
Reply/Quote
Bengals squeak it 13 - 16.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 10:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Did you call Coach Taylor a piece of living room furniture? ZT does not coach scared, ask Pete Carroll about JSN injuring his wrist in a preseason game and may not be available week 1....

Sorry I spelled coach wrong, I'm human and do make mistakes.
Reply/Quote
its gonna be close but everyone is gonna be off, on their end and ours... Bengals win 17 - 13
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 10:55 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well I think one could make the argument that Zac has coached scared and cost us games before. Or maybe it's lack of situational awareness at times during games. While I am a fan of the coaching staffs emphasis on not putting unnecessary stress on players bodies. But if we come out like every other week 1 in Burrows career and let him get pummeled we need to seriously consider not letting the OL get some reps in the preseason. 

As far as the game. I'm worried about this one and I don't know how much the offensive and Burrow not getting a lot of time together and the defense trying to replace Bell and Bates will workout. But someone pointed out our kicking situation is > than the Browns. So maybe that will be a deciding factor. I'll say Bengals 30-24.

Well now, I'm not an NFL caliber coach and I don't think anyone on here is, so I wouldn't know..
If you would like to share an example of him coaching scared, you might convince me.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 01:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burrow has been practicing and making beautiful throws and is like 5 weeks from his grade 1 calf strain which is a 4 week recovery...

I don't get why people think Burrow won't play or start....

because he is still listed as questionable.  Hopefully this weeks practices go well and they take the questionable to start tag off of him.  Hopefully, because I have no confidence in Bengals back-up QBs for at least 15 years. It better be Burrow, because Bengals back-up QB's couldn't put up points on the worst teams in NFL.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote