Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Browns predictions
(09-03-2023, 01:08 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: I hope I'm wrong but I think the Bengals will lose the first couple of games and its going to hurt alot worse this year because they are division games. I know Burrow was hurt again this year in training camp and the starters couldn't get any play time in, in the games but personally I don't think they would have anyways because couch Taylor won't take the chance of getting anybody hurt. Can't couch scared and he does. So they will be going thru preseason again thru the first few weeks of the season and start out behind the eight ball again. 

When I couch, it's usually with a beer and a bag of chips or bowl of popcorn...... Ninja

Everything comes back to injuries, but with everyone healthy Reader is going to hold Chubb in check, and I really don't think Mr. Happy Ending will get back to Texans form. I like our Corners against Cooper. Really I think the only real threat comes from Njoku.
Reply/Quote
People, remember, last year, it wasn't just that Joe hadn't played in the preseason, it was that Joe was coming back from appendicitis which took a toll on his body physically.

So, while I still expect there to be some rust from Joe and the offense, I do NOT expect it to be as bad as last year.

That said, my prediction for this game is a slow start by our offense, but by mid-way thru the 2nd quarter or at the start of the 3rd, they start to show signs of how good they're going to be. Defensively, we don't need to worry about Hunt only Chubb (only Chubb like he's a schlubb or something). I think we slow him down and Watson still shows why Cleveland's front office is dumb.

Bengals win 21-13.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 09:36 AM)Synric Wrote: Maybe Collins was supposed to come off the edge defender to pick up the corner but I don't know either way it was Ted Karras that got beat and his guy made the tackle in the backfield. Although the corner that was in man coverage on Stanley Morgan was right there to make the tackle too.

I’d expect Collins was suppose to seal it to the left and there was a huge whole that would have been there. But the interior blocking broke down big time so who knows.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
When it comes to Week 1, the Browns are one of the worst teams. They are 2-21-1 since 1998, a .104 win percentage. The odds are playing against them. Hope Burrow is fully health so we can get the job done.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 04:14 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Are you saying they said this before the injury? I'm just asking because I don't think the media has been able to see much of Burrow since returning to practice.

He’s right. Burrow has worked out a ton in the indoor. But live games against an opponent wanting to knock you out is much different. I think all teams are rusty early it’s the degree that factors. Having 4 starters return on the offensive line should help even if Jonah is out of position. Orlando Brown is very smart and experienced. I think he’ll be ready. I don’t think Burrow and his receivers need much work for chemistry. We’ll see. I always think the teams that are most physical in early season games seem to do well and that relates to preseason work. I don’t think Zac and the staff have physical preseason practices and it shows. But I also think our team sure peaks well so there’s some give and take there.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 11:16 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm sure it is. But we've actually started having success with QB sneaks and when we let Burrow make the play it seems like he has success more than he doesn't. But the plays we try and mix it up seem to fail more than succeed. That Morgan shovel pass, I think we all remember the 4th and whatever designed Dalton run and I know there was a couple pitch plays we tries with Chase and Irwin I believe that failed. On one of those I remember seeing a breakdown where Karras was supposed to pull and block but the ball carrier got it already out ahead of him leaving him no chance to ever get out in front. Just something I'll be looking for us to improve in this year.

Mark my words they will run Mixon on short yardage over Briwn/Volson this year a lot. They are large humans.

Reply/Quote
Watching the Locked On Bengals podcast, James Rapien went to great lengths to talk about how good Joe looked just prior to his injury. He said his arm looked stronger, he was so precise that it didn't look like he'd missed a minute. He said that Joe looked as good as he looked in the playoffs. I think that he's ready to stop all this non-sense about the Browns having his number. The number they have is great defensive ends and a Bengals O line that allowed 70 sacks 2 years ago and 41 sacks last year. If the O-Line keeps Joe upright this will be a blowout. It's going to remind me of the time the Ravens were talking before Joe dropped 525 on them.
Reply/Quote
Week 1 is always weird, and easily the most unpredictable week. I am hoping the Browns come out pass heavy thinking they need to get Watson going early. That favors us imo and will lead to a win. We don't want Chubb to run all over us.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Cincy needs to put up TOUCHDOWNS
early on the Browns.dont settle for FGs.
This isn't a Baker Mayfield offense throwing
To bums like Landry and Higgins the Bengals
Are facing.
Bengals 31
Browns 17
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24-21
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This will be a close game as I expect a slow start from the Offense.

Preseason game 1 for the starters

Browns 23
Bengals 20

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
i predict a slow start but then things really pick up in the 2nd half.

Bengals 31- Browns 28
Reply/Quote
I feel like ppl always rate the Browns high for like the past 4-5 years and they always end up ass. Besides that year Baker took em to the playoffs they’ve been mid as hell

I just find it funny how that’s always a team ppl grade high before the season. Like why? They haven’t won the division since forever
-Housh
Reply/Quote
As we get closer to the season I’m getting more confident in the OL and success this year.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 08:22 PM)Housh Wrote: I feel like ppl always rate the Browns high for like the past 4-5 years and they always end up ass. Besides that year Baker took em to the playoffs they’ve been mid as hell

I just find it funny how that’s always a team ppl grade high before the season. Like why? They haven’t won the division since forever

Sadly, for the most part, they have owned us - even w Mayfield and a Backup QB.

We haven’t won in Cleveland since 2017/18 (I think)
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 01:01 PM)Garrus Wrote: Week 1 is always weird, and easily the most unpredictable week. I am hoping the Browns come out pass heavy thinking they need to get Watson going early. That favors us imo and will lead to a win. We don't want Chubb to run all over us.

Watson with a Chubb is a pretty dangerous thing....
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 07:44 AM)Whacked Wrote: Sadly, for the most part, they have owned us - even w Mayfield and a Backup QB.

We haven’t won in Cleveland since 2017/18 (I think)

Correct, we haven't won there since October of 2017.  We've lost five there in a row.   Overall, we've lost five of the last six to them and eight of the last ten.    This is no gimmee, far from it.  Of course, we do have a one-game winning streak to build on ThumbsUp  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 12:14 PM)Cincybearcatfan Wrote: Watching the Locked On Bengals podcast, James Rapien went to great lengths to talk about how good Joe looked just prior to his injury. He said his arm looked stronger, he was so precise that it didn't look like he'd missed a minute. He said that Joe looked as good as he looked in the playoffs. I think that he's ready to stop all this non-sense about the Browns having his number. The number they have is great defensive ends and a Bengals O line that allowed 70 sacks 2 years ago and 41 sacks last year. If the O-Line keeps Joe upright this will be a blowout. It's going to remind me of the time the Ravens were talking before Joe dropped 525 on them.
On Watson 
On flipside Brown press have raved on  Watson , nite and day difference from last year, if he is getting back to 2020 form could be a tough day.
Reply/Quote
65-3 Bengals.. We give em the garbage time fg..
That would be awesome..Baltimore and Pittsburgh would have to spend both city's budgets for Depends.. Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 11:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Bengals win 21-13.

I'm changing my prediction. Now that Burrow's extension is done, I just have this feeling our boys are gonna come out firing and we're just going to roll over Cleveland. There will be rust at the beginning and I'm sure we slow up near the end, but we're still going to win comfortably 31-13.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote