Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Browns predictions
(09-04-2023, 11:48 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Well now, I'm not an NFL caliber coach and I don't think anyone on here is, so I wouldn't know..
If you would like to share an example of him coaching scared, you might convince me.

There's just been times the last couple of seasons when Burrow has us in position to win and we essentially take the ball out of his hands. Not sure if it's really playing scared and settling for 3 at worst or just bad situational football (reading the room essentially). But I would lean more towards struggling to know the situation as there have been times we've taken it out of Burrows hands and there had been times we've passed on a FG and gone on 4th down. Although most of the plays on 4th I can think of last year that we passed on an easy FG we were also taking it out of Burrows hands. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 11:48 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Well now, I'm not an NFL caliber coach and I don't think anyone on here is, so I wouldn't know..
If you would like to share an example of him coaching scared, you might convince me.

I'm not the best with specific games and or it would turn into like a 3 page rant when it's really not meant to be. But the below clip sums up my main complaint with Taylor. I believe Tee left this game due to injury. On 4th down we run a shovel pass to Stanley Morgan of all people. So we pass up an easy FG in a game we are down by 3 ( doesn't matter at the time of the call but we lose by 2) and we take the ball out of Burrows hands as well in doing so. To make matters worse after the game Morgan was asked if he was the confident running the shovel pass and he said something to the effect of "not really because he had never been the one to run it in practice". 

So maybe not playing scared. But playing very very dumb. 
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 01:19 PM)ah5 Wrote: I just want to win so browns fans will shut up about how good they are.  I mean from how much chirping they've been doing you would think they've won the afcn 2 years in a row.

I don't know fans of all 32 teams, but I'd still wager that hands down they are the single most delusional fan base in the NFL.  Every year is going to be their year and they'll win all teh superbolwz.  Now, they're not all that way, of course.  There are some level-headed folks amongst them and I know one or two. Hell, some of them are downright Eyores about the whole thing.   But as a whole, at least the majority I know and have known over the years, man, they are coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs.  

(09-03-2023, 07:16 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Did someone delete my post because I made fun of Cleveland being full of poor people? LOL

Either that or I’m losing my marbles.

Bengals 28

Browns 21

A Cincinnati radio personality, whose name presently escapes me, remarked some years ago that all Browns fans basically fall into one of three categories:

1) Old
2) Poor
3) Old and poor

It might have been Gary Burbank, for those of us who remember him.  

This is a tough one.  Not to call, but to admit to, I guess.  I really want to say it's a 'W' because I hate the Browns just about as much as anyone has a right to, but there seems to be so many things going against us (not playing the starters, the game being up there with 70k hostile lunatics, having split with them last year, it being a division slobberknocker,  yada yada yada).  I think it's going to take a game or two to get our feet under us.  Hopefully that happens at home against the Ratbirds and the records gets evened up at 1-1.

Stains 31
Bengals 23
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I like how we’ve conducted the off-season and Iv heard many ppl who are around the team all week say Burrow looks better than ever.

So i don’t see a slow start. I think we come into Cleveland and establish early that Nick Chubb ain’t winning this shit by himself. I think we start off stopping the run and get up around 10 points by half. Then the Browns will have to go to a passing offense in the 4th and i think we’ll have a chance at a turnover when they do that.

Well Never trail but it will be a tough annoying game

31-17.

But it’s gonna be close until the late 3rd, 4th quarter
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 03:26 PM)Housh Wrote: I like how we’ve conducted the off-season and Iv heard many ppl who are around the team all week say Burrow looks better than ever.

Are you saying they said this before the injury? I'm just asking because I don't think the media has been able to see much of Burrow since returning to practice.
Reply/Quote
I’m so convinced we lose that I hope Burrow doesn’t even play. Him or Myles. Clev has had our number. It will be the same as last years opener. Maybe Myles will go for a long fast drive today.
Reply/Quote
If Denzel Ward doesn’t play I think the offense ends up having a really nice game. He has had some big games against us the last few years and the Browns are already pretty thin back there.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 04:14 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Are you saying they said this before the injury? I'm just asking because I don't think the media has been able to see much of Burrow since returning to practice.

Yep

And for the record those same ppl are saying Burrow looks like he was never injured
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 04:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: If Denzel Ward doesn’t play I think the offense ends up having a really nice game. He has had some big games against us the last few years and the Browns are already pretty thin back there.

He is solid. Agreed.

As of 2 hours ago, he is still in the concussion protocol and will basically be a game day decision.

I’d post a link but every time I do I get I trouble lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2023, 01:37 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I'm surprised the line is only the Bengals minus 2 1/2.   I really think the offense will be fine.  It's whether we can stop their run game.  27-20 bengals.

The Browns may be better than anyone expected this year. A lot depends on whether their terrible human being of a QB is still a terrible QB as well like he was last year, or if he can recapture his old form.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 08:35 PM)Whacked Wrote: He is solid. Agreed.

As of 2 hours ago, he is still in the concussion protocol and will basically be a game day decision.

Links are fine
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 01:43 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm not the best with specific games and or it would turn into like a 3 page rant when it's really not meant to be. But the below clip sums up my main complaint with Taylor. I believe Tee left this game due to injury. On 4th down we run a shovel pass to Stanley Morgan of all people. So we pass up an easy FG in a game we are down by 3 ( doesn't matter at the time of the call but we lose by 2) and we take the ball out of Burrows hands as well in doing so. To make matters worse after the game Morgan was asked if he was the confident running the shovel pass and he said something to the effect of "not really because he had never been the one to run it in practice". 

So maybe not playing scared. But playing very very dumb. 

Not disagreeing but Collins blew the play
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 10:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Not disagreeing but Collins blew the play

Collins looked like he blocked well on the play I'm assuming your saying he blocked the wrong guy? I know your not disagreeing but that's why I don't like taking the ball out of Burrows hands like that. Less chance to recover from a bad play/block. I hope whoever is responsible for short yardage plays is relieved of there duties but it has been an issue since Taylor has been here so I don't have high hopes.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 03:26 PM)Housh Wrote: I like how we’ve conducted the off-season and Iv heard many ppl who are around the team all week say Burrow looks better than ever.

So i don’t see a slow start. I think we come into Cleveland and establish early that Nick Chubb ain’t winning this shit by himself. I think we start off stopping the run and get up around 10 points by half. Then the Browns will have to go to a passing offense in the 4th and i think we’ll have a chance at a turnover when they do that.

Well Never trail but it will be a tough annoying game

31-17.

But it’s gonna be close until the late 3rd, 4th quarter

This. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 10:52 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Collins looked like he blocked well on the play I'm assuming your saying he blocked the wrong guy? I know your not disagreeing but that's why I don't like taking the ball out of Burrows hands like that. Less chance to recover from a bad play/block. I hope whoever is responsible for short yardage plays is relieved of there duties but it has been an issue since Taylor has been here so I don't have high hopes.

If you remember Zac chased Collins down to talk to him when he came to the sideline and they had a discussion. I’d expect it was Zac pointing out how Collins needed to practice more. Collins was hardly practicing. But yes Collins and I believe the TE were blocking the same guy. That play worked well that week in several other games. With our OL and their historical blocking on the goal line it’s the same old same old. It looks good if it works not so much when it doesn’t. But I’m not as bothered by the play call as Stanley Morgan. I always lean toward the playmakers on critical plays versus trying to fool them. But Zac has had good success on 4th downs by and large.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 10:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Not disagreeing but Collins blew the play

(09-04-2023, 10:52 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Collins looked like he blocked well on the play I'm assuming your saying he blocked the wrong guy? I know your not disagreeing but that's why I don't like taking the ball out of Burrows hands like that. Less chance to recover from a bad play/block. I hope whoever is responsible for short yardage plays is relieved of there duties but it has been an issue since Taylor has been here so I don't have high hopes.

Maybe Collins was supposed to come off the edge defender to pick up the corner but I don't know either way it was Ted Karras that got beat and his guy made the tackle in the backfield. Although the corner that was in man coverage on Stanley Morgan was right there to make the tackle too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 08:35 PM)Whacked Wrote: He is solid. Agreed.

Dude has had like 10 concussions already...might be time to hang them up before his brain turns into mashed potatoes. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Between Burrow having no preseason, not many starters getting snaps, the Browns recent history against us, their offensive potential in Watson, and an inexperienced safety tandem, a ton of things would have to go right for the Bengals to have a shot.

But if there's any team where things go south in a comical fashion, it's the Browns. It's just that it never seems to happen when they play the Bengals.

Browns-31
Bengals-14
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 09:21 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If you remember Zac chased Collins down to talk to him when he came to the sideline and they had a discussion. I’d expect it was Zac pointing out how Collins needed to practice more. Collins was hardly practicing. But yes Collins and I believe the TE were blocking the same guy. That play worked well that week in several other games. With our OL and their historical blocking on the goal line it’s the same old same old. It looks good if it works not so much when it doesn’t. But I’m not as bothered by the play call as Stanley Morgan. I always lean toward the playmakers on critical plays versus trying to fool them. But Zac has had good success on 4th downs by and large.

I'm sure it is. But we've actually started having success with QB sneaks and when we let Burrow make the play it seems like he has success more than he doesn't. But the plays we try and mix it up seem to fail more than succeed. That Morgan shovel pass, I think we all remember the 4th and whatever designed Dalton run and I know there was a couple pitch plays we tries with Chase and Irwin I believe that failed. On one of those I remember seeing a breakdown where Karras was supposed to pull and block but the ball carrier got it already out ahead of him leaving him no chance to ever get out in front. Just something I'll be looking for us to improve in this year.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31 Browns 13
Reply/Quote