Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Claim QB Driskel from 49ers
(09-04-2016, 02:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There is your special teams demon to replace Peerman.  Ninja

You laugh, but I bet he's a better running back.  LMAO
Reply/Quote
We waived PJ Dawson to make room for him ...
Reply/Quote
This says to me that we have had people inquiring about McCarron and we're listening to the offers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He is a replacement for Sanu.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 02:58 PM)Nizoj Wrote: We waived PJ Dawson to make room for him ...

Speculation or link?
Reply/Quote

WTH.......I find this shocking.  Did he look that bad?  Bad attitude?  Wasn't he a second round pick just last year?  Or the year before?  Wow.  We usually hold on to projects forever (Hunt).  Truly stunned.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 03:03 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Speculation or link?

Bengals posted it on twitter.  Fact.
Reply/Quote

(09-04-2016, 03:03 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Speculation or link?

https://mobile.twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/772494276521590784

Wow.
Reply/Quote
Yup, got the notification too... I'm stunned at Dawson...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Guess he wasn't the steal of the draft like everyone thought.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 03:04 PM)Stewy Wrote: WTH.......I find this shocking.  Did he look that bad?  Bad attitude?  Wasn't he a second round pick just last year?  Or the year before?  Wow.  We usually hold on to projects forever (Hunt).  Truly stunned.

3rd rounder with a bad attitude
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 02:32 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Definitely an interesting claim. They must think he can develop into a good #2 if we trade AJ next offseason. 

That's what my reaction (after confusion) was.  You get him at a cheap deal and he gives them someone to develop for said scenario.  He was once highly touted, but looks like a raw prospect.  I guess Lazor or someone liked enough of what they saw, but actually claiming him on the roster rather than PS seems like it had more to do with locking in that cheap long term deal.  There are other needs though.  Lastly, with Sanchez going to Dallas the FA market for QBs is almost bare.  Maybe Marvin and Co. saw what Bradford fetched and the scale tipped to be ready in case they actually get bowled over when the next QB goes down (pre deadline).  Still don't see them dealing McCarron until the offseason, but a lot of little things had to lead to picking up Driskel, cutting the fallen Dawson and passing on an extra backside or frontside defender. 
Reply/Quote
I don't know wth is going on

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Perhaps they are entertaining some serious offers for AJ McCarron? The team could still use help at a few different positions.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bummer seeing Dawson cut. He was my favorite pick last year.

Not a fan of this move.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 03:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps they are entertaining some serious offers for AJ McCarron? The team could still use help at a few different positions.

There aren't many teams in need of a QB like McCarron right now. SanFran and KC maybe. Unless someone wants to groom him further IE Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, San Diego, Arizona, etc.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 03:35 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: There aren't many teams in need of a QB like McCarron right now. SanFran and KC maybe. Unless someone wants to groom him further IE Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, San Diego, Arizona, etc.

I was kind of thinking Dallas.  I know that they just picked up Sanchez, but maybe they are thinking better of that move?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 03:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Bummer seeing Dawson cut. He was my favorite pick last year.

Not a fan of this move.

I was hoping he'd pan out and become a solid LB for us. The lack of any sort of hype or good words this off season and camp worried me along with his preseason depth chart status ... I expected him to play much more and show up as a man among boys during the preseason and we didn't see much from him at all
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 02:45 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: This has Mike Brown written all over it. They are going to convert him to a wide receiver.

Seriously though, where was Mike Brown when Terrell Pryor was here?

The one time a conversion may have been a good idea...
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 03:37 PM)Nizoj Wrote: I was hoping he'd pan out and become a solid LB for us. The lack of any sort of hype or good words this off season and camp worried me along with his preseason depth chart status ... I expected him to play much more and show up as a man among boys during the preseason and we didn't see much from him at all

I'm ggonna take a shot in the dark and say he will be brought back once WJ3 and Peerman are placed on IR. They're probably trying to use this as a scare tactic.
Reply/Quote