Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Claim QB Driskel from 49ers
(09-05-2016, 02:20 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: At the same time, how can they view Driskel as a replacement for McCarron when he couldn't even make it on the 49ers roster, a team with basically no solution at QB outside of three worst QBs from the top of the 2011 draft?.

Could be that the Bengals have coaches that develop players while the Niners apparently have coaches that can turn one of the better young QBs in the league into total garbage.

The decline of Kaepernick blows my mind.  
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 12:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Could be that the Bengals have coaches that develop players while the Niners apparently have coaches that can turn one of the better young QBs in the league into total garbage.

The decline of Kaepernick blows my mind.  

keapernick doesn't put the work in.  they talk about how sloppy his foot work is last year  that's something that should easiler be cleaned up..

A lot of his success was due to excellent defense and him running the ball.  once they contained him to the pocket his weakness glared.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 10:06 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Awesome take on this!

This guys was the worst of the awful QBs in SF. My goodness.
I dont think its fair to grade him on his preformance in sf he played with 4th string wrs granted he played against 4th string defense to but can you name me their starting wrs? I cant so how can you grade his preformance. Playing with 4th string receivers i think with our recievers he should make a dependable backup in 2017 should we need it
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 03:16 AM)grampahol Wrote: I really hope that both Andy and AJ don't get injured in the Jets game. The thought of Driskle starting vs the Steelers minus Burfict is downright scary..on the other hand imagine us with the number one pick in the 2017 draft..
Which corner do you think we would take with the first overall pick?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 08:41 PM)jason Wrote: Which corner do you think we would take with the first overall pick?

We would trade down get a couple first round picks and get 2 first round corners
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 12:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: keapernick doesn't put the work in.  they talk about how sloppy his foot work is last year  that's something that should easiler be cleaned up..

A lot of his success was due to excellent defense and him running the ball.  once they contained him to the pocket his weakness glared.

This, completely.

I might also add that they had a fantastic OL, and a disciplinarian as a coach during Kaepernicks "good" years.  Perhaps they shouldn't have ran off the mean coach, and let the players go to their own devices and get arrested and such...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 12:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: keapernick doesn't put the work in.  they talk about how sloppy his foot work is last year  that's something that should easiler be cleaned up..

Well said.

His tendencies became glaring, so teams could dictate to him in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 09:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This, completely.

I might also add that they had a fantastic OL, and a disciplinarian as a coach during Kaepernicks "good" years.  Perhaps they shouldn't have ran off the mean coach, and let the players go to their own devices and get arrested and such...

Part of that had to do with mutiny by the players...
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 12:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: A lot of his success was due to excellent defense and him running the ball.  once they contained him to the pocket his weakness glared.

I am not buying this.  I saw him make a bunch of great throws from the pocket back when he was playing well.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:22 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Part of that had to do with mutiny by the players...

He had them winning.  They are paid to play, and win games, right?  I mean if they want to have life easy, and do what they want, they could always just go play semi-pro...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He had them winning.  They are paid to play, and win games, right?  I mean if they want to have life easy, and do what they want, they could always just go play semi-pro...

They are paid to play, but they quit playing for him, just as the players in Philly quit playing for Kelly (and will happen to him in SF as well, IMO).
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They are paid to play, but they quit playing for him, just as the players in Philly quit playing for Kelly (and will happen to him in SF as well, IMO).

Hmm, coach takes team to Super Bowl, then players want to quit on him.  Is that a coach problem, or a player ego problem?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 08:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I dont think its fair to grade him on his preformance in sf he played with 4th string wrs granted he played against 4th string defense to but can you name me their starting wrs? I cant so how can you grade his preformance. Playing with 4th string receivers i think with our recievers he should make a dependable backup in 2017 should we need it

Reminds me of when Casey Bramlet played in NFL Europe.  The first half of the season he had the best QB stats in the league.  Then he lost his top two WRs to injury.  After that his stats were in the toilet. (Dave Ragone ended up with the best QB stats.)
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, coach takes team to Super Bowl, then players want to quit on him.  Is that a coach problem, or a player ego problem?
I'd say both.

From all reports, Harbaugh's schtick wears people thin relatively quickly.  Administrators, players, trainers, and coaches at each of his prior stops have all been ready for him to move on when he did.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 07:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'd say both.

From all reports, Harbaugh's schtick wears people thin relatively quickly.  Administrators, players, trainers, and coaches at each of his prior stops have all been ready for him to move on when he did.

You mean he's an even bigger asshole than his brother? How is that possible? I guess his brother is just a total whiner with refs on the field. He might not be such a turd with everyone else in the world. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 08:42 PM)Shady Wrote: You mean he's an even bigger asshole than his brother? How is that possible? I guess his brother is just a total whiner with refs on the field. He might not be such a turd with everyone else in the world. 
Jim is the master, John is the padawan.

This is why Jim calls John "Grasshopper"
Reply/Quote
With RGIII going down this move is brilliant. We can now the aj to Cleveland for a couple first rounders.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 07:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: With RGIII going down this move is brilliant. We can now the aj to Cleveland for a couple first rounders.

Hue said hes not gonna trade for a qb he learned that the hard way with the palmer trade
Reply/Quote