Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Claim QB Driskel from 49ers
Seems like there is a need for LBs out there. I will be surprised if he doesnt get claimed. I hope we tried to get something in return before cutting him.

I never saw it. But someone posted there was confrontation in our last game and it involved Dawson on the sideline with Flowers? Wonder if that was involved here.
Reply/Quote
Went ahead and checked out Driskel's preseason stats, hoping to find a reason to feel better about carrying him as a 3rd QB. Well...

15/31 (48.4%)
132 yards
0 TDs, 2 INTs
33.3 rating

Easily the worst performance out of 5 49er QBs with at least 21 attempts each. He did rush for 103 yards on 11 carries. A poor man's Josh Johnson I guess?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Is it possible that they like Driskel enough as a potential future number 2, and could be looking to move on AJ soon?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Certainly a surprising move. Has to be more to it than we know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Semi related question: I saw we put a claim in on mettenberger the other day but the steelers got him. I thought the order was based on draft position from last year so how did the steelers get him over us? Is it actually based on record? Or had we already picked up someone I'm forgetting and got bumped to the bottom of the order? Or is there some other reason that I'm missing?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 05:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Semi related question: I saw we put a claim in on mettenberger the other day but the steelers got him. I thought the order was based on draft position from last year so how did the steelers get him over us? Is it actually based on record? Or had we already picked up someone I'm forgetting and got bumped to the bottom of the order? Or is there some other reason that I'm missing?

I thought it was related to money offered in the claim.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 05:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Semi related question: I saw we put a claim in on mettenberger the other day but the steelers got him. I thought the order was based on draft position from last year so how did the steelers get him over us? Is it actually based on record? Or had we already picked up someone I'm forgetting and got bumped to the bottom of the order? Or is there some other reason that I'm missing?

The Bengals claim was back in May when he was released by the Titans. The Chargers wound up getting him. Then, after the recent release, the Steelers got him.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 05:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Bengals claim was back in May when he was released by the Titans. The Chargers wound up getting him. Then, after the recent release, the Steelers got him.

Oh ok thanks for clarifying, I must not have read very closely once I saw we didn't get him lol
Reply/Quote
Terrible signing all the way through. Offers nothing and would have rather had Wenning on this team than him.

Also, no reason to cut Dawson to make room for a 3rd QB. Oh, and you keep Hunt on your team.

Bengals have made some very odd moves the past few days.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Trey Hopkins and Chykie Brown were signed to the 53 as WJ3 and Peerman were both placed on IR. There it is folks, no more new blood on the roster today.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 05:45 PM)Nizoj Wrote: Trey Hopkins and Chykie Brown were signed to the 53 as WJ3 and Peerman were both placed on IR. There it is folks, no more new blood on the roster today.

Ew

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 04:46 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Is it possible that they like Driskel enough as a potential future number 2, and could be looking to move on AJ soon?

That HAS to be a bingo, because otherwise this just doesn't make any sense.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 05:58 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: That HAS to be a bingo, because otherwise this just doesn't make any sense.

They tried to sign Mettenberger earlier this offseason before the Chargers got him.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 02:59 PM)Stewy Wrote: This says to me that we have had people inquiring about McCarron and we're listening to the offers.

I have to agree. I doubt Macaroni is a Bengal much longer. Maybe use him to trade for other necessary pieces. Macaroni deserves a starting job in the NFL for sure.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 05:36 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Terrible signing all the way through. Offers nothing and would have rather had Wenning on this team than him.

Also, no reason to cut Dawson to make room for a 3rd QB. Oh, and you keep Hunt on your team.

Bengals have made some very odd moves the past few days.

And Chykie Brown and Hopkins are back  Whatever The f*** we doing!? Very un-Bengal like moves (at least in recent memory). Mike Brown taking some control back? Or is Marvin starting to lose it?
Reply/Quote
They've likely missed their best shot at trading McCarron for a high pick.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Seriously not concerned as some people are about signing Driskal. If he's a good scout team QB then he'll be more useful than Dawson would be, apparently.
Reply/Quote
I think they might trade mccaron for a draft pick later. Marvin has a obsession with draft picks. I'd rather get someone this year if we are to trade.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 06:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: They've likely missed their best shot at trading McCarron for a high pick.

[Image: Denver-Broncos.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 06:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: They've likely missed their best shot at trading McCarron for a high pick.

A starter goes down any given Sunday and his value will zoom up another notch. Why would their best shot be over? The season is a long one.
Reply/Quote