Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Bengals Cut The Cord On Nelson
(03-22-2016, 02:26 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: This is from Bengals.com newest article...

"Lewis says re-signing safety Reggie Nelson and signing a veteran receiver such former as Patriot Brandon La Fell still appear to be options."

Don't know if he is just saying that Reggie is in an option because he hasn't signed elsewhere or if they have genuine interest in bring him back. Hopefully it is the latter and we can keep Nelson and Iloka both and still have Williams in case of emergency and possibly to play some Linebacker as well.

Yea in terms of talent I'd rather get Nelson for less than what he wanted than sign Lafell for what he wants now, if that's what they're waiting for.  Between White, Johnson, Colston or Jennings you should get one of them wanting to play for a solid team where they can still be a #3 at least.  IF Nelson is healthy, I like the idea of having the depth you're talking about.  You could play Williams as a "NLB" at times or even play the three as safeties depending on the WR or TE matchups.  I'm surprised Marvin is letting it leak they still want Reggie back, I don't know if that's a PR move or just genuine.  Either way, I'm glad they're interested. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 03:50 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: In hour two of Profootballtalk Live today (3/22/16), Mike Florio interviewed Marvin Lewis and Marvin said they were still actively negotiating with Reggie Nelson.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/pro-football-talk-live-mike/id426497635?mt=2

(03-22-2016, 04:53 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Good. Great. Like this.

(03-22-2016, 05:17 PM)Garrus Wrote: Yes. Much like. Very happiness

(03-22-2016, 05:21 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: [Image: 3f5a00acf72df93528b6bb7cd0a4fd0c.jpeg]

Yes sir. Good. Me like.
Reply/Quote
I suspect Reggie will be back in a Bengals uni before the next 2 weeks is up. Hopefully whatever has happened or not happened in the process hasn't left him bitter in anyway. It seems unlike the Bengals to let a guy like Reggie walk for Williams. Williams has done well but the Bengals love their vets and at times seem to have problems letting them go. Usually I'm not a fan of that approach but Nelson is coming off of arguably his best season and he makes Rothlisberger pay every year it seems.
Reply/Quote
March 25th, still not back....

Get it done front office. This guy had a great year and still has ALOT left in the tank!!!

One of the biggest disappointments so far this offseason.
Reply/Quote
Pay the man. 3 years, he's earned it
Reply/Quote