Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Bengals Cut The Cord On Nelson
Thumbs Up 
At the 3:00 mark of the Adam Jones re-signing press conference he says he wants Reggie back ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Get it done, Mikey Boy.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 09:16 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: At the 3:00 mark of the Adam Jones re-signing press conference he says he wants Reggie back   ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp

Get it done, Mikey Boy.

One can only hope. Certainly would be nice to see Reggie back there again.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Im really disappointed we didn't resign Reggie at this point. I figured the Bengals were playing games to get him as cheap as possible back but at this point Im losing hope.

Get him back..this guy was a big part of our D last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 06:49 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Ok, bring the man back now!!
absolutely the joke is over already,sign him
(03-15-2016, 02:23 PM)orangeandblackblood Wrote: Can't they please just get this done?
 should done have
(03-17-2016, 09:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: One can only hope. Certainly would be nice to see Reggie back there again.
100%agree
(03-17-2016, 10:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: Im really disappointed we didn't resign Reggie at this point. I figured the Bengals were playing games to get him as cheap as possible back but at this point Im losing hope.

Get him back..this guy was a big part of our D last year.

I'm not losing hope,but definitely growing more concerned about the possibility. why would they not not bring him back? He led the league in interceptions and there is Dre k making 7.5 million.  Sad
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Nelson has a part to play in this as well. So does his agent. The Bengals have a budget, made an offer and I have no idea what that offer is, but it's not waitress wages where he has to rely on tips to get by. I assume he's waiting it out to see if anyone else will beat their offer and apparently so far nobody has so should the Bengals just keep pushing more piles of money across the table forever until he signs? That doesn't make sense either..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
So the market is still pretty cold for Reggie... Bet that deal Mike sent him is looking better and better each day.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
At this point it seems obvious that the injury is a bigger issue than what we've been told.

There's not a lot of interest in him anywhere. Not even any rumors floating around about visits.

I hope this isn't the case and I hope I log back on in an hour and see we've re-upped him for 2 years. But the pieces all fit. There is no way a player of RFN's caliber would not at least have several good offers on the table at this point otherwise.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 01:07 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote:

Good for him i think he has another year or two left at a high level...

Wouldnt mind to see him back but not sure what we are working with and what they have set aside for some big extenstions this season
Reply/Quote
For anybody that just reads the title without reading the article, it states the Titans have had contact with him and other safeties and that nothing sounds close to coming together. I still want the Bengals to bring him back but it is certainly not looking good. At this point in free agency some teams may be willing to wait til after the draft and then decide if they need another Safety. I think his market could heat back up at that point.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
This is from Bengals.com newest article...

"Lewis says re-signing safety Reggie Nelson and signing a veteran receiver such former as Patriot Brandon La Fell still appear to be options."

Don't know if he is just saying that Reggie is in an option because he hasn't signed elsewhere or if they have genuine interest in bring him back. Hopefully it is the latter and we can keep Nelson and Iloka both and still have Williams in case of emergency and possibly to play some Linebacker as well.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I wish they could bring back Nelson for one more season....even if it was just to play in the two steeler games. He is a steeler killer.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 02:26 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: This is from Bengals.com newest article...

"Lewis says re-signing safety Reggie Nelson and signing a veteran receiver such former as Patriot Brandon La Fell still appear to be options."

Don't know if he is just saying that Reggie is in an option because he hasn't signed elsewhere or if they have genuine interest in bring him back. Hopefully it is the latter and we can keep Nelson and Iloka both and still have Williams in case of emergency and possibly to play some Linebacker as well.

Just read this myself, i have not lost hope yet.
Reply/Quote
In hour two of Profootballtalk Live today (3/22/16), Mike Florio interviewed Marvin Lewis and Marvin said they were still actively negotiating with Reggie Nelson.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/pro-football-talk-live-mike/id426497635?mt=2
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 03:50 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: In hour two of Profootballtalk Live today (3/22/16), Mike Florio interviewed Marvin Lewis and Marvin said they were still actively negotiating with Reggie Nelson.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/pro-football-talk-live-mike/id426497635?mt=2

Good. Great. Like this.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 04:53 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Good. Great. Like this.

Yes. Much like. Very happiness
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 05:17 PM)Garrus Wrote: Yes. Much like. Very happiness

[Image: 3f5a00acf72df93528b6bb7cd0a4fd0c.jpeg]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Still hopeful. Every day that goes by and he hasn't signed elsewhere is a good sign. Hopefully If he returns all is forgiven for our "lack" of interest.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Reggie coming back would be nice.

Reply/Quote
Reggie could retire here a legend and have a decent life in local media and endorsements and that. I hope he's considered this if even remotely. There's life after football and all too often, the money is gone in the blink of an eye.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote