Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Cuts
(08-30-2022, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Cincinnati Bengals Releasing Standout Wide Receiver Kendric Pryor Following Stellar Preseason - Sports Illustrated Cincinnati Bengals News, Analysis and More

Welp. Duke knows best 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Almost like preseason performance is kind of useless for fringe guys isn't it?

Just means if you are a decent UDFA do not go to the Bengals because they keep the vets till they are in the 40's.
Reply/Quote
A LOT of truth to this:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
I wonder if they will bring up Pryor after all the guys go to IR. Right now they haven't cut a TE that I know. (Besides Washington in the first set of cuts)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Pryor will not end up on our PS. He will be picked up, probably soon. Nice call Duke and Zacky.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:54 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Just means if you are a decent UDFA do not go to the Bengals because they keep the vets till they are in the 40's.

I think some of it is preseason. Seeing your UDFA look good against another teams UDFA...and fans are like Wow that guy is outplaying the other teams guy.

But, those guys aren't roster guys.

Coaches see these guys every day in practice.

A guy like Mike Thomas is NFL caliber. He's been for years. He keeps making rosters.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:06 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Pryor will not end up on our PS. He will be picked up, probably soon. Nice call Duke and Zacky.

Bengals have the best WR trio in the league and their best TE since Eifert.

Let’s not spend too much energy on WR6.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:54 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Just means if you are a decent UDFA do not go to the Bengals because they keep the vets till they are in the 40's.

These guys disagree

Trey Hopkins
Josh Tupou
Stanley Morgan Jr
Trent Irwin
Keaton Southerland
Mitchell Wilcox
Joe Bachie
Wyatt Ray
Trayvon Henderson
Darius Hodge
Thaddeus Moss
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Keeping Huber is all Mike Brown. If it was truly close I’d imagine ZT let Darrin and Mike hash it out. As far as Pryor, Zac is always going to go with the veteran especially if he contributes on special teams. Darrin Simmons has tons of influence and has lots of power and Zac stays in his lane.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Almost like preseason performance is kind of useless for fringe guys isn't it?

I am guessing the hundreds of reps they see in practice count as much, if not more, then a dozen targets in three preseason games.

I remember when Cedric Peerman had one big long run in preseason and fans were calling for him to be our regular season starter.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:50 AM)Nepa Wrote: Great, so he wins Preseason MVP and now Sports Illustrated has a whole article on how he was a standout. Way to stay below the radar to get him on the practice squad.

LMAO. So it took a SI article to alert the NFL about him. Stick to cartoons if you're this naive.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:04 PM)Synric Wrote: I wonder if they will bring up Pryor after all the guys go to IR. Right now they haven't cut a TE that I know. (Besides Washington in the first set of cuts)

Eubanks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Keeping Huber is all Mike Brown. If it was truly close I’d imagine ZT let Darrin and Mike hash it out.

I am a litle confused here.

If Darrin and Mike "hashed it out" then how do we know Mike made the decision?  

Everyone else has been telling me that Mike does not make roster decisions anymore.  I thought Zac made these roster decisions now.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am a litle confused here.

If Darrin and Mike "hashed it out" then how do we know Mike made the decision?  

Everyone else has been telling me that Mike does not make roster decisions anymore.  I thought Zac made these roster decisions now.

It's simple Fred.

Decisions people don't like: Mike Brown
Decisions people like: Zac, Duke, Katie, Troy, Elizabeth.
Reply/Quote
I think Simmons had a lot of say in the back part of the roster.
I would think Zac would be able to make the final decision based on who he wants but it’s probably a team effort.

Having said that, MB might have stepped in and persuaded them to keep Huber if they had them as equal in performance.

It’s funny that even after last season people are complaining about the way the roster decisions are made. Every team makes mistakes but for the first time in forever we have proof that they may know what they are doing.
Reply/Quote
Pryor wasn't exactly beating the 1's on the Giants, Zac took us to a SB they deserve the benefit of the doubt.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's simple Fred.

Decisions people don't like: Mike Brown
Decisions people like: Zac, Duke, Katie, Troy, Elizabeth.

No credit for Troy. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:23 PM)higgy100 Wrote: LMAO. So it took a SI article to alert the NFL about him. Stick to cartoons if you're this naive.

Wow. Just wow.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:36 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Pryor wasn't exactly beating the 1's on the Giants, Zac took us to a SB they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I have no problem keeping the ST WR’s, but I wouldn’t have minded Pryor over a 4th RB.

Reply/Quote