Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals: No Extension For Dalton
Foles has NEVER started over 11 games in a season.

He's started: 11, 10, 8, 6, 5, 3, 1 games. He's 30 years old too.

He may be one of the most overrated players...
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 04:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Foles was good with the Eagles. At every other stop in the league he was pretty bad.

(04-02-2019, 04:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We're comparing a guy who has no success outside of Philly (and a spotty record even there) to a league MVP though. 

I think most people would take Cam over Nick if they're starting a team. Honestly, I don't think it'd be all that close.

You're both not wrong but when it came down to do or die and the pathers were still in the game cam didn't jump on that ball.  That says a lot about the guys grit and he doesn't have it.  Nick seems like a guy that going to lay it all on the table and leave nothing on the field.

I'll take Nick over cam in a game that matters any day.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 05:19 PM)motoarch Wrote: You're both not wrong but when it came down to do or die and the pathers were still in the game cam didn't jump on that ball.  That says a lot about the guys grit and he doesn't have it.  Nick seems like a guy that going to lay it all on the table and leave nothing on the field.

I'll take Nick over cam in a game that matters any day.

Honestly I like Foles. By all accounts he's a great guy and he's had some fantastic runs. Maybe it continues. I'm just looking at the overall body of work and I'd trust Cam more, as far as producing on any team. Plus it's not like Cam has been bad in the playoffs, aside from a bad moment in the Super Bowl.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 06:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly I like Foles. By all accounts he's a great guy and he's had some fantastic runs. Maybe it continues. I'm just looking at the overall body of work and I'd trust Cam more, as far as producing on any team. Plus it's not like Cam has been bad in the playoffs, aside from a bad moment in the Super Bowl.

I think Cam is more a victim of his GM. That team is constructed weird. They never seem to have good WR's around him. Their o-line is always mediocre.

Then, they have a good defense.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 12:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right, why wouldn't they evaluate him under Taylor's regime before extending him?  The contract is through 2020 as you mentioned.

Fairly mobile, very quick release, cerebral player, a quick study (see the playoffs in his rookie season with no OTAs on a team that was supposed to go 0-16).

I can't wait to see how Dalton fares in this new offense.  I think he has shown what he can do with decent protection and a solid OC. 

Here's to him hitting his peak this year and giving Cincy something it hasn't had in a long time.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Too bad Dalton can't come out and say "I have no intention of signing a new contract extension at this time. I think this year and next will be a good opportunity for Mikey to show that he will improve the team enough to compete"
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 10:48 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Too bad Dalton can't come out and say "I have no intention of signing a new contract extension at this time. I think this year and next will be a good opportunity for Mikey to show that he will improve the team enough to compete"

This would surely get him run out of town but would instantly make him 47% cooler in my book.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 07:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I can't wait to see how Dalton fares in this new offense.  I think he has shown what he can do with decent protection and a solid OC. 

It's hard to think about the glory of 2015 without thinking of how happy we were to get rid of those over-priced old farts who protected Dalton and the OC we would boycott if he were still here in any capacity today.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 10:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Cam is more a victim of his GM. That team is constructed weird. They never seem to have good WR's around him. Their o-line is always mediocre.

Then, they have a good defense.

Meh, he had Steve Smith (A top receiver at the time), Bandon LaFell (before he started getting old), and Gregg Olsen (IMO better than Eifert) as receivers. His OL has been pretty good and hes had a good run game most years. People underrate the people around Cam for some reason.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 07:31 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Meh, he had Steve Smith (A top receiver at the time), Bandon LaFell (before he started getting old), and Gregg Olsen (IMO better than Eifert) as receivers. His OL has been pretty good and hes had a good run game most years. People underrate the people around Cam for some reason.

You’re really reaching when you use Brandon LaFell as an example of a good weapon for a QB. He’s only had more than 800 yds twice in his career (never broke 1K). And one of them was when he was playing with the GOAT.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 08:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re really reaching when you use Brandon LaFell as an example of a good weapon for a QB. He’s only had more than 800 yds twice in his career (never broke 1K). And one of them was when he was playing with the GOAT.

Funchess and Ginn might be better examples.

I find Cam Newton to be overrated mostly cause of what is between the ears.

Over their careers we have a better QB than Cam Newton IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 08:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Funchess and Ginn might be better examples.

Have to disagree there, Nate. I don’t think you’d find a single GM in the league that would take Dalton over Cam.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 08:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Funchess and Ginn might be better examples.

No one in the world except maybe Fred would agree with you.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 08:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  I don’t think you’d find a single GM in the league that would take Dalton over Cam.

I say you would.

Dalton has a higher winning percentage, more winning seasons, a higher completion percentage, a higher td percentage, a higher passer rating, throws for more yards per game, has almost 50% more "4th quarter game winning drives" (24 to 17), 33% more "4th quarter comebacks" (20 to 15), has taken 41 fewer sacks, and has about 30% fewer fumbles (38 to 53).

But I will say that most of the people who don't like Cam are just turned off by his arrogance.  That is not a problem with me.  He is a true freak.  He has over 4 times as many rushing yards as Dalton.  But in the NFL you can only do so much with a running QB.  That is why Cam does not have the clutch fourth quarter numbers to match Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 08:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have to disagree there, Nate. I don’t think you’d find a single GM in the league that would take Dalton over Cam.

Cam is a great physical speciman but i think all those GM's are forgetting the results.

Have to have a great mind to be a good QB in the NFL, Dalton has one, Cam doesn't.

(04-04-2019, 08:29 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: No one in the world except maybe Fred would agree with you.

Hey guys, don't put me with Fred here lol

The numbers agree with me and that is all i really care about.

Shake N' Blake would agree with me and many others brother.

Dalton isn't as bad as some make out and he will prove it this year with an offensive minded HC.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 08:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re really reaching when you use Brandon LaFell as an example of a good weapon for a QB. He’s only had more than 800 yds twice in his career (never broke 1K). And one of them was when he was playing with the GOAT.

Not really. LaFell has been a solid #2 WR in the NFL. How many #2 receivers have over 1k yards? Not very many at all. LaFell has had solid yards and TDs.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 04:23 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Not really. LaFell has been a solid #2 WR in the NFL. How many #2 receivers have over 1k yards? Not very many at all. LaFell has had solid yards and TDs.

Well, we’ve had a couple here in TJ and Boyd.

There’s also JJSS in Pittsburgh. Diggs in Minnesota. Woods in LA.

And that’s just last season.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 07:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, we’ve had a couple here in TJ and Boyd.

There’s also JJSS in Pittsburgh. Diggs in Minnesota. Woods in LA.

And that’s just last season.

So only 4 #2 WR receivers got 1k yards last season in a league that's been airing it out more and more every year? That's including Boyd when he was the only receiver on this team with 1k or more yards. Thanks for proving my point. Especially when LaFell had Smith and Olsen taking a lot of receptions.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 10:06 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: So only 4 #2 WR receivers got 1k yards last season in a league that's been airing it out more and more every year? Thanks for proving my point. Especially when LaFell had Smith and Olsen taking a lot of receptions.

I didn’t prove your point. You said it rarely happens, and I provided multiple examples off the top of my head from just last year.

But I get it, anything to make other QB’s look bad compared to Andy Dalton. If someone tried to use a WR the caliber of Brandon LaFell (at any age) as an example of a good weapon Dalton had their argument would be laughed at by the Army. He’s a mediocre player. Always has been. But keep being objective!

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 10:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I didn’t prove your point. You said it rarely happens, and I provided multiple examples off the top of my head from just last year.

But I get it, anything to make other QB’s look bad compared to Andy Dalton. If someone tried to use a WR the caliber of Brandon LaFell (at any age) as an example of a good weapon Dalton had their argument would be laughed at by the Army. He’s a mediocre player. Always has been. But keep being objective!

Only three #2 receivers last year hitting 1k or more yards is exactly something that rarely happens, especially when receivers are getting more and more yards every year. Like I said, you proved my point.

Sorry you have to get mad when you lose your argument. If I wanted to make Dalton look better compared to Newton I would have shown how Dalton made LaFell play much better than what he did under Newton because Dalton raised his level of play more than Newton. Dalton and Brady were the only 2 QBs to put LaFell over that 800 yard mark that you said and LaFell had more single year TDs while under Dalton than any other QB not names Brady.
Reply/Quote