Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Raiders predictions
(09-08-2015, 09:00 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You try putting out a winning team with Byron Fatwhich as your quarterback.

I'm sure with all of his high draft picks he couldn't find someone in the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:00 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You try putting out a winning team with Byron Fatwhich as your quarterback.

1. Leftwich wasn't exactly a stud, but he was serviceable. Lets not pretend he was Jamarcus Russell.
2. Garrard started more games for Del Rio than Leftwich. Garrard was underrated, IMO.
3. They had Fred Taylor, MJD and Jimmy Smith on offense. A trio of borderline Hall of Famer's. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 16 - 9 Raiders.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 27
Raiders 16
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
For what it's worth, Maurice Jones-Drew (now retired, but played with the Raiders last year) thinks Cincy will beat the Raiders.

https://youtu.be/O8h6ZjnK-ew
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals over Raiders 17-10.... the Bengals go 1 game up in the AFCN as NE beats Pittsburgh, Denver beats Baltimore, and the Jets beat Cleveland...
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:04 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I'm sure with all of his high draft picks he couldn't find someone in the draft.

Was he the guy making the picks?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 06:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Because Del Rio is such an amazing coach; he's only had 3 winning seasons as a head coach.

Meh, didn't Marvin Lewis get a few contract extensions before he capped 3 winning seasons, too?  You're on a message board where people think it would have been insane to get rid of a coach who had 2 winning seasons in 8 years. I just don't see how we are supposed to be so amazed people didn't believe in the 2011 Bengals but here we are just dismissing any other team with a young nucleus and a coach with a spotty history and blah blah blah.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 02:56 PM)McC Wrote: Was he the guy making the picks?

Well apparently they went after a QB in the first round as soon as he left so... Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 04:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, didn't Marvin Lewis get a few contract extensions before he capped 3 winning seasons, too?  You're on a message board where people think it would have been insane to get rid of a coach who had 2 winning seasons in 8 years.  I just don't see how we are supposed to be so amazed people didn't believe in the 2011 Bengals but here we are just dismissing any other team with a young nucleus and a coach with a spotty history and blah blah blah.

Marvin Lewis has only had 3 losing seasons as a head coach...
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 11:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals over Raiders 17-10.... the Bengals go 1 game up in the AFCN as NE beats Pittsburgh, Denver beats Baltimore, and the Jets beat Cleveland...

That is very possible....Bengals 1-0 and the other three at 0-1........THAT would be a GREAT week of football. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Bengals 23 Raiders 17
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Run the bawl.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 04:38 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Marvin Lewis has only had 3 losing seasons as a head coach...

What years did Lewis get his extensions?  He got one after only 2 winning seasons in 2010 and I assume he got one before that when he only had a single winning season on his resume.  I'm just saying that Del Rio having only 3 winning seasons puts him on par, or maybe a little better than Marvin's resume after as many years as HC.

My main point is that we love to act like the world was crazy and stupid when they thought the 2011 Bengals squad would suffer but we are already counting the Raiders, Bill, Texans, Dolphins, Chiefs, Chargers etc. DOA for our latest walk right into the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 04:36 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well apparently they went after a QB in the first round as soon as he left so... Yeah

I don't get the connection.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
They are less impressive when looking at pre-season stats:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=OAK

OK yes this is diluted with 2nd and 3rd stringers, but maybe you really can run on them. And maybe Carr isn't vastly better than last year. I'm ready to make a prediction:

Bengals 24
Raiders 10

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 12:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: What years did Lewis get his extensions?  He got one after only 2 winning seasons in 2010 and I assume he got one before that when he only had a single winning season on his resume.  I'm just saying that Del Rio having only 3 winning seasons puts him on par, or maybe a little better than Marvin's resume after as many years as HC.

My main point is that we love to act like the world was crazy and stupid when they thought the 2011 Bengals squad would suffer but we are already counting the Raiders, Bill, Texans, Dolphins, Chiefs, Chargers etc. DOA for our latest walk right into the playoffs.

Not DOA, but the Bengals should be favorites to make it again. Are there any reasons they shouldn't be? 99% of our own fan base didn't think the 2011 team would make the playoffs, and for good reason.

We're not fighting those teams for 3 spots, we're fighting them for one of 6 spots. If you're automatically counting the Pats, Broncos and Colts, why are you ripping Bengals fans who are that confident about their own team? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bengals should dominate, but they have had troubles in Oakland.

Which Dalton will show up? Same question I have every game.
Reply/Quote
tought to win on the road... but bengals take it as the clock winds down off nugents field goal...

Fitting as it ended the other way last time in oakland
Reply/Quote
The Raiders will be improved in 2015 from prior years and I think that we will look back and be happy that the Bengals got them in Week 1 not Week 12.

Bengals 27
Raiders 16
Reply/Quote