Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Reportedly Signing WR- Rashaun Simonise
http://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-reportedly-signing-supplemental-wr-rashaun-simonise/

Reply/Quote
Shocked... Were never big on the supplemental draft. What exactly do we lose for him, Comp picks next year?

Also you can probably toss out any hopes of signing a vet WR now.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 03:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: http://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-reportedly-signing-supplemental-wr-rashaun-simonise/

Here's some more info on him, via the Colts' scouting: https://horseshoeheroes.com/2016/07/12/report-colts-scout-calgary-wr-rashaun-simonise-before-nfl-supplemental-draft/
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Oh yeah!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 03:41 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Shocked... Were never big on the supplemental draft. What exactly do we lose for him, Comp picks next year?

Also you can probably toss out any hopes of signing a vet WR now.

He wasn't selected in the supplemental draft, which means he was signed as a rookie free agent.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 03:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He wasn't selected in the supplemental draft, which means he was signed as a rookie free agent.

Yep just read that.. I was going off Coley's tweet which sounded like we took him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
And the Saints are reportedly making Anquan Boldin an offer...so it looks like he will be off the board.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He is a project with intriguing physical attributes. A tall guy who can get deep and tracks the ball well. I'd assume more of a PS guy this year with hopes he could develop down the road.
Reply/Quote
Might be worthy of a PS spot if he shows well during camp. I don't really have expectations for him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 04:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Might be worthy of a PS spot if he shows well during camp. I don't really have expectations for him.

could squeeze out someone for a roster spot... long way to go yet.  but sense he wasn't selected he could probly hide on the PS for a year.
Reply/Quote
It also means that the reports from OTA's were probably true. The organization wasn't impressed with a single WR not-named AJ Green, at least that they feel sure of anything on this WR corp outside of him.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 05:21 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: It also means that the reports from OTA's were probably true.  The organization wasn't impressed with a single WR not-named AJ Green, at least that they feel sure of anything on this WR corp outside of him.

Not buying this. This kid isn't the savior that you'd be looking for if that's the case. I heard plenty of commentary that Lafell and Boyd both looked good.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 05:21 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: It also means that the reports from OTA's were probably true.  The organization wasn't impressed with a single WR not-named AJ Green, at least that they feel sure of anything on this WR corp outside of him.

haven't seen or heard any of that all ive heard is how Green is green..

Lafell working hard and getting timing with Dalton.
Tate catching everything.
Boyd expected to contribute big.

Havent heard much on core lately.

Bennett looking good
Kamerow Looking real good.

But having more competition is always good and gives us deeper pool for the PS as well.
Reply/Quote
I think we should sign him to the roster to prevent someone else from signing him.

He's raw, but he's a tall (6'5) athlete that's a long strider and you can't teach that.

He's also a very willing blocker.

I'd love to have him on the outside with AJ on the other side and say "run deep" because which one do you double? If you double both, it opens up everything underneath for Eifert (or even posts with Eifert) and whoever our #3 receiver is.

He could do some damage for us in the red zone- line him and AJ up on the outside and choose which one you want to throw a jump ball to.

I'm NOT saying that he'll be this good, but he reminds me of a Randy Moss-type deep threat where you can just say "run deep" and throw passes deep to him, especially with AJ on the other side.

I like it, especially with a little development ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
The guy has never attempted to beat press coverage. He comes from rules where the WR can run at the line of scrimmage on motion. He is a project and chances of him making the roster are slim this year.
Reply/Quote
Interesting, I like Tee Shephard. If they can figure out a way around his hearing problem, then he'd be an asset. Maybe try him at FS to he can keep the ball and play in front of him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 05:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think we should sign him to the roster to prevent someone else from signing him.

He's raw, but he's a tall (6'5) athlete that's a long strider and you can't teach that.

He's also a very willing blocker.

I'd love to have him on the outside with AJ on the other side and say "run deep" because which one do you double?  If you double both, it opens up everything underneath for Eifert (or even posts with Eifert) and whoever our #3 receiver is.

He could do some damage for us in the red zone- line him and AJ up on the outside and choose which one you want to throw a jump ball to.

I'm NOT saying that he'll be this good, but he reminds me of a Randy Moss-type deep threat where you can just say "run deep" and throw passes deep to him, especially with AJ on the other side.

I like it, especially with a little development  ThumbsUp

Holy crap....yes...I can see it now....running 2 WRs down the field at the same time!  What ARE defenses going to do?  Wow, this is going to revolutionize the NFL!!!!

Ok, but seriously, weren't we saying the same thing about Denarius Moore last year?  Excuse me while I steel my expectations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 06:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Holy crap....yes...I can see it now....running 2 WRs down the field at the same time!  What ARE defenses going to do?  Wow, this is going to revolutionize the NFL!!!!

Ok, but seriously, weren't we saying the same thing about Denarius Moore last year?  Excuse me while I steel my expectations.

Having two deep threats is impossible for defenses to stop.

Look at the 98 Vikings with Moss and Chris Carter and notice that their offense led the league in passing touchdowns and yards.

Also, it's not just running two WRs down the field at the same time, but having them run down the field on opposite sidelines because do you have any idea how hard it is to stop a tall wide receiver that's fast when he's running down the field and has half of a field or more to work with?

Teams have enough trouble stopping AJ deep when they double-cover him, so think about having another guy that you have to double-cover because you realize that teams don't typically keep two safeties deep, right?  The strong safety typically plays closer to the line and pretty much acts as a linebacker.
Reply/Quote
I like his name, sounds like a fancy dish I would eat in Europe.
Reply/Quote