Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Sign OT/G Bobby Hart

Former Giant, who looks like he lost his starting job on the Giants, who were not a good team or OL. Giants fans are celebrating, which means we probably should not be.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here's his PFF page:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/bobby-hart/9659

They have him at a 37.7 grade / the 77th ranked tackle.

For reference, Ogbuehi had a 41.0 grade / the 70th ranked tackle.

They have him as WORSE than Ogbuehi.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Needless to say, there's already the Hobspin propaganda piece up talking about how this is part of the Bengals "off-season plan to attack the offensive tackle position". I refuse to link it because I refuse to get Hobspin easy clicks. It has the generic Marvin quotes about young starter, upside, it improves the OL, etc, etc, insert other random BS you've heard before, ignoring the fact that he quit on his team...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2758685-bobby-hart-waived-after-3-seasons-with-new-york-giants

Quote:Per SB Nation's Geoff Schwartz, Hart told New York's coaching staff prior to the regular-season finale against Washington that he wasn't going to play.

ESPN's Jordan Raanan added Hart and Ereck Flowers "were basically already packed and ready for the season to end" in the days leading up to Week 17.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
former 2015 7th round draft pick for the Giants g/t Bobby Hart signed with the Bengals. Hart was released by them last week. he's played 34 games with 21 starts, including the postseason. Last year he 10 games and seven starts with the Giants.

He is a reclamation project (what else?) after a rocky end with the Giants where he was accused of quitting on the team.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/30/ex-new-york-giants-geoff-schwartz-bobby-hart-trade-barbs-twitter/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Might as well give Greg Robinson and Jonathan Cooper a go if we are signing reclamation projects.
Reply/Quote
Woo hoo!  They said they'd make a splash. Mellow

In all seriousness, probably just a camp body.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey, the Bengals are bringing in outside players! ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU WANTED?!
Ninja
(ignore the fact they won't be top-tier players)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
FRED on the phone with WYCHE right now.

[Image: AdolescentForsakenJaeger-size_restricted.gif]
Reply/Quote
He was cut. He doesn’t count against the almighty comp picks.
Reply/Quote
Hobslob says "Bengals begin to address O-Line. Your thoughts?

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-begin-to-address-O-line-with-Hart-signing/0bdadb7f-0d83-4a56-8965-1804ada2c1a8
Reply/Quote
Started 20 games over the last two seasons, but was injured this year.

Accused by the team of not playing with injury. Apparently caused some division in the locker room.
Reply/Quote
Hobson should be ashamed for writing that signing a scrub that had been cut is addressing the OL.
Reply/Quote
Isn’t this the best tackle in the league?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 05:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hey, the Bengals are bringing in outside players! ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU WANTED?!
Ninja
(ignore the fact they won't be top-tier players)

Pollack may have suggested giving him a shot since Giants in Dallas division.

Hopefully not as the answer but to compete in camp. Dumpster dive.

Pollack came from Dallas and may have seen him play in person more than a few times.

Can't confirm Pollack signed off on it or had the idea but he could have. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I love me some Noles, but if the team is trying to market this as a fix... smdh.
Reply/Quote
I'll take any warm bodies right now, but won't be convinced untill I see some action in the draft and free agency.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 05:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I love me some Noles, but if the team is trying to market this as a fix... smdh.

My thoughts as well......camp body, depth, not much else.  If anything us Noles fans can relate to the Bengals, it's been shitty line play.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 05:22 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Isn’t this the best tackle in the league?

Yeah, lol..... self proclaimed, at least.

I'm sure the NFL drug tested him a dozen or so times in the month following that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 05:15 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Hobslob says "Bengals begin to address O-Line. Your thoughts?

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-begin-to-address-O-line-with-Hart-signing/0bdadb7f-0d83-4a56-8965-1804ada2c1a8

:giggle:
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Lol great, another locker room cancer.

Hopefully he doesnt divide the locker room by the time camp is over and hes cut.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
totally an upgrade over what we have  Sarcasm

@pauldehnerjr

Pro Football Focus graded Bobby Hart as the 67th best tackle in 2016 and 74th last year. For the record, this past year Ced Ogbuehi ranked 70th and Jake Fisher 66th.
3:37 PM - Feb 14, 2018

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 05:44 PM)pally Wrote: totally an upgrade over what we have  Sarcasm

@pauldehnerjr

Pro Football Focus graded Bobby Hart as the 67th best tackle in 2016 and 74th last year. For the record, this past year Ced Ogbuehi ranked 70th and Jake Fisher 66th.
3:37 PM - Feb 14, 2018

Lol that is just classic. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote