Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Sign OT/G Bobby Hart
There's you're justification for when they don't draft any offensive line help in the first round.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
$20 says he’s not on the regular season roster
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind this signing if I knew it was for depth. If everyone here were being honest though, we all know that major help isn't likely through FA. We'll see though. Not promising that Hobspin is spinning this as a sign of anything serious...but maybe that's just predraft smoke. That's about as optimistic as I can be about it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
... Really? There wasn't anybody else off the street that could have been better? I doubt that.

Stupid, bargain bin signing. What a shock Whatever
Reply/Quote
Super Booooooowl.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 05:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hey, the Bengals are bringing in outside players! ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU WANTED?!
Ninja
(ignore the fact they won't be top-tier players)

What are you all squealing about?  That's exactly what you wanted !!!!!!!!!   Hilarious

Seriously...  the logic is there for what they are trying to do, but then it just usually nose dives from there.

You have certain posters that defend the initial logic, even though it becomes a clusterfluck routinely, and wonder why people are skeptical.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
They are being aggressive. Going out and getting someone. In the past we waited until the teams grabbed all the goo players and we pick up the trash at the end. Who dey.
Reply/Quote
The only question I have is which round of camp cuts The Hart Foundation will be in? I do however appreciate the effort here.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 05:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Here's his PFF page:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/bobby-hart/9659

They have him at a 37.7 grade / the 77th ranked tackle.

For reference, Ogbuehi had a 41.0 grade / the 70th ranked tackle.

They have him as WORSE than Ogbuehi.
Maybe that is the strategy?  Have Ogbuehi beat someone...anyone.
Reply/Quote
Can someone remind me again how and why the Bengal staff knows better than the vast majority of our fans? Hmm
Reply/Quote
Bengals address one of the worst O-Lines in the league by signing one of the worst tackles in the league.....Sounds about right for this organization.
Reply/Quote
I love it. Next to him Ogbuehi is going to look tough and nasty. Its like the old fat ugly friend next to the normal looking one trick. Attractiveness goes up when standing next to the mess.

For real though. Dont mind it. Super young with real game experience. If it means we dont get winston up off the couch again im all for it
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 11:22 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Can someone remind me again how and why the Bengal staff knows better than the vast majority of our fans? Hmm

Because the new Oline coach seems has a proven record and most likely saw a lot of this kid as they were in the same division. 

Let's be honest: How many in this thread hating the move have ever seen the kid play? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 06:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nothing Wrong with signing OL depth before free agency.  This guy is here to compete for a spot probly backup spot... no gaurentees to make the roster. No reason for any one here to get excited or upset.

most likely competing for backup OG... But having some experience at OT helps especially come camp... when you need extra bodies.

Exactly.

Maybe Pollack can get something out of him or maybe it's just a camp body.

Maybe we're seeing if the guy comes alive knowing that this is his last chance.  Maybe we're just bringing in as many bodies as possible to compete.

It would be different if this was a singing into the offseason, but free agency is just starting.

And the people who point to his ranking last season among tackles as a reason he sucked, he was dealing with an ankle injury all season.

He could surprise and provide depth or competition, but nothing lost if he doesn't.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 12:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Because the new Oline coach seems has a proven record and most likely saw a lot of this kid as they were in the same division. 

Let's be honest: How many in this thread hating the move have ever seen the kid play? 

Being from upstate New York I see quite a few Giants games every year. It's unavoidable. Every Giants fan I know is laughing their asses off that the Bengals signed him. I've seen him play. He's quite possibly worse than Ogbuehi. He's atrocious, and reportedly has quite an attitude problem. Yay Whatever

Let's not kid ourselves: this guy was brought aboard because he was cheap. That's the only reason. So far the majority of fan reactions to this move has been negative. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this move will not work out and leave us with overwhelming evidence that it was a stupid, useless move.
Reply/Quote
Christ people, clearly and utterly a Camp Body.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 12:55 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Christ people, clearly and utterly a Camp Body.
Remember when the everybody thought Marshall neuhouse was a camp body? Hart is here because Winston is done. He is taking Winston's job. He will be on the roster day 1.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Going to take a few injuries for him to make the 53. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
He not only suxx but he has a bad attitude too. WOO HOO!!! No stopping us now. Lock up Jefro and the line is ready to go. Can't imagine why people shake their heads at the genius brain trust running the show here.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 05:15 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Hobslob says "Bengals begin to address O-Line. Your thoughts?

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-begin-to-address-O-line-with-Hart-signing/0bdadb7f-0d83-4a56-8965-1804ada2c1a8

I had the Bengals down as having another horrible year in free agency and I see that Mikey boy isn't going to disappoint.

Reply/Quote