Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Sign OT/G Bobby Hart
(02-15-2018, 01:46 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Going to take a few injuries for him to make the 53. 
Well, say they draft Conor Williams and he comes in banged up and can't play his first year. Fisher's heart isn't that great. Right there, you are looking at 2 tackles out. All you have left is Smith and ogbuehi to start. One of them is going to get hurt. There you go, Hart gets the start.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Happy anytime I hear that the Bengals signed anybody in FA.

Not the solution the Bengals, but a start.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 01:29 AM)Storer50 Wrote: Remember when the everybody thought Marshall neuhouse was a camp body? Hart is here because Winston is done. He is taking Winston's job. He will be on the roster day 1.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Newhouse was never a camp body; he was signed to be our swing T, from day one.

This guy has no chance.

EDIT: BTW, Storer, I know this isn't the first time you've replied to something I said; I've noticed, many weeks after the fact, that you and Benzoo, plus maybe one other, reply to my posts and I don't reply back.

I'm not ignoring you guys or anything, but I don't get a notification when you post, for some reason.

Just letting you know; I know it probably doesn't matter lol, but just in case!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I always find it interesting people get upset about this stuff. Remember last year when everyone said the move for Smith was a dumpster dive solution at pass rush and it was a classic Bengals move? We still ended up drafting pass rushers and Smith still added value to the team. This could be a similar outcome we just got to wait and see. If the guy was completely un-salvageable I got to think Pollock wouldn't have signed off on the move considering the guy has seen every game he has played.
Reply/Quote
Bringing in a body for camp who might have potential- OK

Hobspin saying team addressing  o line issues- complete propaganda that does not pass the laugh test.

The emotional intelligence of Bengals organization when it comes to fans is  below abysmal.
Reply/Quote
To quote Marvin :

“Bobby is a young player with three years of NFL experience and has very good upside and tools,” Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said in a statement released by the team. “We are excited to add him to the team as we improve our offensive line. The offensive line is a focus area for us and this is one of various steps we are taking to improve our performance.”

Adding Bobby Hart is not improving the offensive line. Sure is he a 23 yr old guy who has experience in the league and could maybe turn it all around project? Sure ..... nothing else what so ever. We need Starting Material in 2 forms bare minimum (Draft and FA) not this crap.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 11:14 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Bringing in a body for camp who might have potential- OK

Hobspin saying team addressing  o line issues- complete propaganda that does not pass the laugh test.

The emotional intelligence of Bengals organization when it comes to fans is  below abysmal.

[Image: 0*OGAQ-lBb1xKOTvOA.jpg]

(02-15-2018, 12:11 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: To quote Marvin :

“Bobby is a young player with three years of NFL experience and has very good upside and tools,” Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said in a statement released by the team. “We are excited to add him to the team as we improve our offensive line. The offensive line is a focus area for us and this is one of various steps we are taking to improve our performance.”

Adding Bobby Hart is not improving the offensive line. Sure is he a 23 yr old guy who has experience in the league and could maybe turn it all around project? Sure ..... nothing else what so ever. We need Starting Material in 2 forms bare minimum (Draft and FA) not this crap.

Yeah dumpster diving isn't a sure-fire way to improve the line and doesn't really show that they're serious about improving.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 02:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: 0*OGAQ-lBb1xKOTvOA.jpg]

Yeah dumpster diving isn't a sure-fire way to improve the line and doesn't really show that they're serious about improving.

FFS free agency is still a month away.    Not much else they can do right now.
Reply/Quote

You guys understand right there is about 9 OL guys on our roster each year.  5 starters and 4 backups.   If hart knocks anyone off the team by beating them out in preseason then the OL is improved for it even if its just depth..

Free agency is a month a way the draft 2... there is nothing wrong with this type of signing.
Reply/Quote
Bengals off season signings are like the St Jude of Novena ..just publish it in the classified ads and it's never been known to fail. Saint Jude is the patron of Hopeless Causes and Desperate Situations.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 02:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: FFS free agency is still a month away.    Not much else they can do right now.

Marvin saying "The offensive line is a focus area for us and this is one of various steps we are taking to improve our performance." implies that Hart will have a role. One does not "improve performance" by sitting on the bench. Hobspin suggesting that this proves the Bengals are serious about fixing the line also makes it seem like Hart will have a serious shot at starting, at the very least. Sure, we might sign someone good in FA (color me pessimistic on that, based on our past), but that doesn't mean people can't be less than thrilled at the prospect of this guy starting.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious 

Oh f*** off, Marv. This move is a rare case of subtraction by addition. Our Oline is now worse than it was two days ago after signing Hart.

My buddies who are Giants fans are having a field day with this. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 10:21 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Newhouse was never a camp body; he was signed to be our swing T, from day one.

This guy has no chance.

EDIT: BTW, Storer, I know this isn't the first time you've replied to something I said; I've noticed, many weeks after the fact, that you and Benzoo, plus maybe one other, reply to my posts and I don't reply back.

I'm not ignoring you guys or anything, but I don't get a notification when you post, for some reason.

Just letting you know; I know it probably doesn't matter lol, but just in case!

This happens to me a lot. Then one day you go back through and see people quoted or replied to you that you never seen. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 02:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: FFS free agency is still a month away.    Not much else they can do right now.

Truth

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals consider Bobby Hart at OT, maybe that means they'll finally get out of their strict mindset of "no one can play OT unless they have 34+" arm length!"
I bring this up because Hart has 33.0" arm length.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 02:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:
Marvin saying "The offensive line is a focus area for us and this is one of various steps we are taking to improve our performance." implies that Hart will have a role.
One does not "improve performance" by sitting on the bench. Hobspin suggesting that this proves the Bengals are serious about fixing the line also makes it seem like Hart will have a serious shot at starting, at the very least. Sure, we might sign someone good in FA (color me pessimistic on that, based on our past), but that doesn't mean people can't be less than thrilled at the prospect of this guy starting.

Agreed. The intent has to be at least some type of depth role barring injury or purely being outperformed.
The Bengals don't bring in camp bodies this early, especially if Marvin gives any kind of praise whatsoever for a player.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 02:52 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious 

Oh f*** off, Marv. This move is a rare case of subtraction by addition. Our Oline is now worse than it was two days ago after signing Hart.

My buddies who are Giants fans are having a field day with this. 

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 02:53 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This happens to me a lot. Then one day you go back through and see people quoted or replied to you that you never seen. 

Indeed. Its only happened with those two and again, one other person.

Or, I used to get notifications that Pistons replied and no post was to be found.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 03:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed. Its only happened with those two and again, one other person.

Or, I used to get notifications that Pistons replied and no post was to be found.

Don't know what happened to him, just hope he's OK, or just taking a vacation from the drama in Bengaldom...
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed. The intent has to be at least some type of depth role barring injury or purely being outperformed.
The Bengals don't bring in camp bodies this early, especially if Marvin gives any kind of praise whatsoever for a player.

Yeah they don't really put out hype articles and positive quotes saying a player "improves" us, if that player is just offseason fodder. 

I'm not guaranteeing Hart makes it and starts, but judging from the quotes and articles, it seems he'll have a very good shot.

The most positive thing I can say is that maybe it's just smoke, and we're targeting a lineman at 12 in the draft.
Reply/Quote