Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Sign OT/G Bobby Hart
(02-14-2018, 05:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Lol that is just classic. 

This is SO Bengals..... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 05:19 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hobson should be ashamed for writing that signing a scrub that had been cut is addressing the OL.

Also writing an article about T O being latest Bengal inducted into the H O F.
T O was a Bengal for only one season if memory serves me right. Shocked
Reply/Quote
Wait...we signed thee Bobby Hart??? Hell to the yeah!!!

[Image: O1TgQqP.gif]

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 05:58 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Also writing an article about T O being latest Bengal inducted into the H O F.

the article said... Latest Player to have Played for the Bengals.  1 year still counts as playing for the bengals... And it was his final year.
Reply/Quote
Nothing Wrong with signing OL depth before free agency. This guy is here to compete for a spot probly backup spot... no gaurentees to make the roster. No reason for any one here to get excited or upset.

most likely competing for backup OG... But having some experience at OT helps especially come camp... when you need extra bodies.
Reply/Quote
Isn't he kinda old? Hell he was writing songs for The Monkees back in the 60's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 05:58 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Also writing an article about T O being latest Bengal inducted into the H O F.

Hell.....may as well get in on it....he played for like, half the league. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Thinking our 39m cap space is now down to 15m. Awaiting Hobspins updated figures.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I guess we couldn't get Marshall Newhouse to come back. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 06:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Thinking our 39m cap space is now down to 15m. Awaiting Hobspins updated figures.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  This guy is a bum.
Reply/Quote
I'll say the same thing I did in the Chris Smith trade last offseason.

It looks like the Bengals are targeting the Offensive Line and this type of signing likely points to them picking a few in the upcoming draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Somehow at first, I read that as Brett Hart. I started thinking, "A retired WWF wrestler now plays tackle in the NFL??".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well hate to say it, but Hart was on my short list until I researched why he was cut and then I changed my mind.
Oh well, bring him in. We don't gain or lose much of anything.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 07:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well hate to say it, but Hart was on my short list until I researched why he was cut and then I changed my mind.
Oh well, bring him in. We don't gain or lose much of anything.

Maybe we get lucky.  Pollack has to be familiar with the guy.   Hopefully he knows something good about the guy none of us would.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 05:19 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hobson should be ashamed for writing that signing a scrub that had been cut is addressing the OL.

Rich Braham and Evan Mathis had both been cut when we signed them.
Reply/Quote
This is the type of signing I expect when:

1) you want Ogbuehi to win the starting job during training camp

or

2) you're a GM with 27 seasons of experience and no play off wins and you hire family to handle pro personnel decisions

or

3) both
Reply/Quote
In other news the Bengals wont re- sign Dunlap or Atkins to make room for Hart in 2019. Another huge signing by Mike Brown. Fred approved!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 07:52 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is the type of signing I expect when:

1) you want Ogbuehi to win the starting job during training camp

or

2) you're a GM with 27 seasons of experience and no play off wins and you hire family to handle pro personnel decisions

or

3) both

(02-14-2018, 07:53 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: In other news the Bengals wont re- sign Dunlap or Atkins to make room for Hart in 2019.  Another huge signing by Mike Brown.  Fred approved!

Guess you guys are unaware of how the NFL works.  Allow me to educate you.  Teams all over the league are signing street free agents to fill out their potential training camp rosters.
Reply/Quote
Well at least most are looking at this signing with optimism. I will say the kid has maturity issues. Unlike most in this thread, I think it beats nothing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Typical. Sign a has been or a never was. Signs a player that reportedly quit on his team. Wonders why fans are quitting on this one.

But hey, it's an outside player that doesn't affect comp picks
Reply/Quote