Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals address need for guys who punch women in face depth
(05-03-2017, 10:06 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: That gif was a brad move, bro. So you got me good!

I think you're referring to this bad boy

[Image: 5GKYy.gif]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 09:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: bartolo-colon-swing-and-miss-against-pirates-b.gif]

Is that Chris Christy?

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 07:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, I didn't say that. However, certain actions certainly define someone for the rest of their lives. I think it's sad to set an example that this behavior is acceptable at the highest level of success. NFL players are, whether they want to be or should be, role models. 

And what about Ray Lewis?

His actions were to hide information about murder.

Where is your outrage about him being honored and worshiped by the city of Baltimore, and not being thrown out of the league for his involvement? 

Where is the outrage about him being handed another nice cushy job on ESPN?

His crime is worse, and he is a bigger role model. 

Like I said, I don't like the Mixon pick, and I do not approve of what he did but I am willing to accept that he has had no further issues. He admitted what he did was wrong he owned it and accepted the punishment. The woman he hit has forgiven him and moved on, so I have no choice but to do the same thing. He steps out of line at all...he should be gone and that is why I wish he wasn't here. This team gives 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and in Pacman's case 12th chances.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 08:18 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I am pretty credible in preaching about role models. I completely disavowed Ray Rice as soon as it happened and called on the Ravens for months to cut him.

Meanwhile you lot are praising the Bengals for signing someone who did the same thing.

Stay Classy, Cincinnati

Umm.... just so we are clear here... most of the fanbase is not happy about the pick. Read the draft thread, read the local television affiliate who called for people to boycott the team.

What is happening now, is people are accepting it. That is different then being happy about it.

Look above, I said I do not like the pick. However, it's done he is here and I do believe he deserves a second chance. So, now I have to accept that he is going to get that second chance here in Cincinnati.

He stays clean, plays hard, helps the community, then in time I won't hate the pick as much.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 01:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Umm.... just so we are clear here... most of the fanbase is not happy about the pick. Read the draft thread, read the local television affiliate who called for people to boycott the team.

I read through the first 2 pages of the jungle noise thread. Most supported it and a minority opposed it. Most in this thread are supporting it. 

Quote:He stays clean, plays hard, helps the community, then in time I won't hate the pick as much.

As a fan, it sucks that you have to hope for this to be able to accept a player a few years down the road. At least you can come out and say that. Rep.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 01:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And what about Ray Lewis?

His actions were to hide information about murder.

Where is your outrage about him being honored and worshiped by the city of Baltimore, and not being thrown out of the league for his involvement? 

Where is the outrage about him being handed another nice cushy job on ESPN?

His crime is worse, and he is a bigger role model. 

Like I said, I don't like the Mixon pick, and I do not approve of what he did but I am willing to accept that he has had no further issues. He admitted what he did was wrong he owned it and accepted the punishment. The woman he hit has forgiven him and moved on, so I have no choice but to do the same thing. He steps out of line at all...he should be gone and that is why I wish he wasn't here. This team gives 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and in Pacman's case 12th chances.

I don't consider him a role model. He's a bit of a tool, honestly. But he had some charges dropped nearly 2 decades ago versus being caught on camera committing the offense 2 years ago. There was plenty of outrage... 17 years ago, and there continues to be outrage today. 

For some, the fact that he was never put on trial for the crime is enough to completely move past it. Aside from reminding people that he wasn't convicted of murder nor did he plead guilty to it, I steer clear of him. Same reason I never got a Suggs jersey, and those are just allegations against him. I'm more of a Reed person. Just a good guy. I have his jersey but I don't wear it any more since he signed it. I also have Flacco, Torrey, and Tucker's jerseys. Guys you know/knew would stay out of trouble.

Then again, I had Rice's jersey too (before I threw the fake away and kept the real one in its packaging and traded it for Torrey's). 

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 08:18 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I am pretty credible in preaching about role models. I completely disavowed Ray Rice as soon as it happened and called on the Ravens for months to cut him.

Meanwhile you lot are praising the Bengals for signing someone who did the same thing.

Stay Classy, Cincinnati

I don't know how you can compare the situations. A 17 year old kid who was pushed first and had racial slurs flung at him vs a grown man sucker punching his fiancée. A man hitting a woman is the only similarity between the two. Neither should have done what they did. I don't condone men hitting woman.

Troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 04:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't consider him a role model. He's a bit of a tool, honestly. But he had some charges dropped nearly 2 decades ago versus being caught on camera committing the offense 2 years ago. There was plenty of outrage... 17 years ago, and there continues to be outrage today. 

For some, the fact that he was never put on trial for the crime is enough to completely move past it. Aside from reminding people that he wasn't convicted of murder nor did he plead guilty to it, I steer clear of him. Same reason I never got a Suggs jersey, and those are just allegations against him. I'm more of a Reed person. Just a good guy. I have his jersey but I don't wear it any more since he signed it. I also have Flacco, Torrey, and Tucker's jerseys. Guys you know/knew would stay out of trouble.

Then again, I had Rice's jersey too (before I threw the fake away and kept the real one in its packaging and traded it for Torrey's). 

Do you cheer when Suggs gets a sack? Because the way you are attacking this fanbase over the Mixon situation, if you EVER have, what does that say about you?

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 04:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I read through the first 2 pages of the jungle noise thread. Most supported it and a minority opposed it. Most in this thread are supporting it. 

As a fan, it sucks that you have to hope for this to be able to accept a player a few years down the road. At least you can come out and say that. Rep.

That is the hardest thing about it. If my opinion matter one bit to the Owner, I'd be more vocal but what's done is done. Now, he is on the team and I have to hope Hill has a bounce-back season and makes Mixon un-needed or Mixon performs on the field and gets it together off the field. 

Yes, it really does suck. 

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 04:47 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I don't know how you can compare the situations.  A 17 year old kid who was pushed first and had racial slurs flung at him vs a grown man sucker punching his fiancée.  A man hitting a woman is the only similarity between the two.  Neither should have done what they did.  I don't condone men hitting woman.  

Troll

Both are awful, but he was an adult (18) and he followed her into the shop. According to her, he was harassing her. I'm sure the 6 foot 230 pound man was threatened. Stop trying to make it seem like it was less than what it was. 

Welcome to the boards. You new here?

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 04:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't consider him a role model. He's a bit of a tool, honestly. But he had some charges dropped nearly 2 decades ago versus being caught on camera committing the offense 2 years ago. There was plenty of outrage... 17 years ago, and there continues to be outrage today. 

Here we go again.  

I guess I need to remind you that he wasn't found guilty, nor did he plea guilty, because the prosecution was stupid and let him role over on his two friends and make a deal, to which they still couldn't even find the friends guilty of murder.

Besides for the guys that were murdered, there were three people there, and two were found not to have done it, leaving only one person to have committed the murder, and that's Ray Lewis.  Or do you think the prosecution said "you know what?  Murder isn't that bad of a crime, so let's just let this one go"?

Mixon is remorseful and the girl has forgiven him because she realizes that she was at fault, too, but have Ray Lewis's victims forgiven him?  

Oh, wait................
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 07:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Both are awful, but he was an adult (18) and he followed her into the shop. According to her, he was harassing her. I'm sure the 6 foot 230 pound man was threatened. Stop trying to make it seem like it was less than what it was. 

Welcome to the boards. You new here?

I'm not making it less than what it was.  But, like I said, they aren't the same either.  You're trying to make it more than it is.  Rice was far worse.  But if it helps you sleep at night griping about who the bengals pick feel free.

And I am newer here but I was on the old boards too.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 11:31 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I'm not making it less than what it was.  But, like I said, they aren't the same either.  You're trying to make it more than it is.  Rice was far worse.  But if it helps you sleep at night griping about who the bengals pick feel free.

And I am newer here but I was on the old boards too.

Just so we're clear, you do know that Mixon's victim had to undergo 8 hours of surgery and had her jaw wired shut?

Just wanted to make sure that you realize you're suggesting her assault wasn't as bad as an assault that didn't require surgery merely because she wasn't engaged to Mixon.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Solid pick up. Mixon will definitely be a great back up for Pacman if he ever gets injured and can't slug a woman in the face.

This coming from the team of the premier women punchers. Good god how dumb are you to not know how badly this would backfire?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 09:04 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This coming from the team of the premier women punchers. 

Number of games Ray Rice played for the Ravens after he punched his fiance: 0

Number of games Pacman played for the Bengals after he punched a stripper: 45

Number of games Pacman played for the Bengals after then punching a woman at a bar: 46

Can't include him spitting on that nurse in January. That was "harassment with a bodily fluid", not assault.

Number of games Joe Mixon will play for the Bengals after punching a woman: TBD

Good god how dumb are you to not know how badly this would backfire?

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 09:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Number of games Ray Rice played for the Ravens after he punched his fiance: 0

Number of games Pacman played for the Bengals after he punched a stripper: 45

Number of games Pacman played for the Bengals after then punching a woman at a bar: 46

Can't include him spitting on that nurse in January. That was "harassment with a bodily fluid", not assault.

Number of games Joe Mixon will play for the Bengals after punching a woman: TBD

Good god how dumb are you to not know how badly this would backfire?
That MIGHT be a credible stat if they had cut him right when it happened, but they waited until AFTER the video was released.

You also left out that Ray Lewis played over ten seasons after killing two people, but that's typical.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 08:51 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Just so we're clear, you do know that Mixon's victim had to undergo 8 hours of surgery and had her jaw wired shut?

Just wanted to make sure that you realize you're suggesting her assault wasn't as bad as an assault that didn't require surgery merely because she wasn't engaged to Mixon.

You refuse to acknowledge the fact that mixon was much younger than rice. Both should have known better. Rice was not assaulted by his fiancée or called a racial slur to my knowledge. Again, neither should have happened. The 8 hours of surgery is a secondary point. It's been three years. Mixon deserves a second chance imho.

He's moved on, she's moved on and you should get over your sanctimonious, holier than thou self and move on too. I'm looking forward to him dropping several hundred yard rushing games against you guys.

And Adam jones is a pos who should be cut.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 09:52 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: You refuse to acknowledge the fact that mixon was much younger than rice.  Both should have known better.  

I'm not ignoring his age. I don't see how age makes it worse. Both should have known better, agreed.

Quote:Rice was not assaulted by his fiancée 

He was, doesn't excuse his actions.

Quote:or called a racial slur to my knowledge.

Mixon said the girl's friend said it, not her. Apparently excuse enough in your book to punch her.

Quote:The 8 hours of surgery is a secondary point. 

One you apparently don't think matters as much as age?

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 10:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not ignoring his age. I don't see how age makes it worse. Both should have known better, agreed.

He was, doesn't excuse his actions.

Mixon said the girl's friend said it, not her. Apparently excuse enough in your book to punch her.

One you apparently don't think matters as much as age?

Head meet wall.

1. Neither incident should have occurred. I don't condone men hitting women.

2. Rice had the benefit of Age and experience. He more so should know better.

3. The surgery was secondary to the initial punch. I don't view it as mixon's as being worse because of the surgery. See point 1.

4. They've moved on. I'm moving on. You should move on. I expect a reply since you seem to be one of those I gotta have the last word guys. Have a nice life. Or don't. Bye

Reply/Quote
Don't forget also , the Steelers didn't get rid of big Ben after he assaulted two young woman!
Reply/Quote