Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals address need for guys who punch women in face depth
(05-04-2017, 08:51 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Just so we're clear, you do know that Mixon's victim had to undergo 8 hours of surgery and had her jaw wired shut?

Just wanted to make sure that you realize you're suggesting her assault wasn't as bad as an assault that didn't require surgery merely because she wasn't engaged to Mixon.

This is a total thread fail. If the Ravens had drafted Mixon (and I think they would have if he had slipped way down the draft) you would be in the same position Bengal fans are.

And for what it's worth he didn't break her jaw when he punched her, her jaw broke when it hit the table. (This is the part where you tell me I'm defending him which would be wrong, I'm only pointing out the facts).

The lastly I find it hard to take seriously a grown man who uses cartoon heros in his sig.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Holy crap is this thread still going to page 6? It was funny and appropriate and should be done. But I guess some people miss the meaning of the word "smack." Talk about a buzz kill. I'll bet you guys bickering in this thread are real fun at parties. Sheesh......
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 05:11 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Holy crap is this thread still going to page 6? It was funny and appropriate and should be done. But I guess some people miss the meaning of the word "smack." Talk about a buzz kill. I'll bet you guys bickering in this thread are real fun at parties. Sheesh......

It would be funny if Pat just wasn't so horrible at smack and if his team didn't have skeletons in their closet belonging to the two guys Ray Lewis killed.............
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 09:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It would be funny if Pat just wasn't so horrible at smack and if his team didn't have skeletons in their closet belonging to the two guys Ray Lewis killed.............

Apparently the point has been missed throughout this thread. What the eff does Rice or Lewis have to do with anything?

Ray Rice and Ray Lewis were arrested and charged with crimes AFTER they were already members of the Baltimore Ravens.
Not the fault of the ravens organization.

Cincinnati in turn is signing a known criminal. Those bengals so notorious for signing players already known to have had both off and on the field issues.
Cincinnati the sanctuary city for NFL thugs. Welcome to cincy Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 09:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  skeletons in their closet belonging to the two guys Ray Lewis killed.............

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 11:06 PM)Vlad Wrote: Apparently the point has been missed throughout this thread. What the eff does Rice or Lewis have to do with anything?

Ray Rice and Ray Lewis were arrested and charged with crimes AFTER they were already members of the Baltimore Ravens.

Cincinnati in turn is signing a known criminal.   Those bengals so notorious for signing players already known to have had both off and on the field issues.
Cincinnati the sanctuary city for NFL thugs. Welcome to cincy  Mixon.

It's worse for the Ravens because they kept them on the team EVEN THOUGH ONE MURDERED TWO PEOPLE AND THE OTHER ONE BEAT A WOMAN (they kept Rice on the team for months after and only cut him because the public outcry got too bad).

Mixon made a mistake and the Bengals are giving him a chance to show that he's grown from the situation and that it's not a reflection of who he really is.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 04:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mixon made a mistake  committed a crime and the Bengals are giving him a chance to show that he's grown from the situation and that it's not a reflection of who he really is.

Love how people like to marginalize or mask the severity of the incident with the notoriously overused "made a mistake" line....because "made a mistake"  automatically evokes pity or mercy from the listener or reader.

Pro athlete gets busted with pot in the trunk...yeah "he made a mistake". Poor guy. Was a mistake, he really didn't mean to.

"Used bad judgement" is also used a lot, but its not nearly as bad as "made a mistake". Go with that instead. 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 03:20 PM)Vlad Wrote: Love how people like to marginalize or mask the severity of the incident with the notoriously overused "made a mistake" line....because "made a mistake"  automatically evokes pity or mercy from the listener or reader.

Pro athlete gets busted with pot in the trunk...yeah "he made a mistake". Poor guy. Was a mistake, he really didn't mean to.

"Used bad judgement" is also used a lot, but its not nearly as bad as "made a mistake". Go with that instead. 

It wasn't like he had a history of this or has repeated the offense.

It's also not like he made a conscious decision to put pot in his trunk.  It was a knee-jerk reaction and something he immediately regretted.

It's not like he went to a club with intentions to get a college girl drunk, have his bodyguards force her into a bathroom, and rape her.

There was no intent.  Sometimes we all do stupid things in the spur of the moment without thinking, especially when we're that young.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 05:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:   It was a knee-jerk reaction and something he immediately regretted.

What Mixon did immediately was leave. If Mixon immediately regretted it then he wouldn't have left the premises...instead he would have called 911 and attended to her.

So how immediate was it when Mixon regretted punching her?...Immediately after learning he was caught on video.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 09:37 PM)Vlad Wrote: What Mixon did immediately was leave. If Mixon immediately regretted it then he wouldn't have left the premises...instead he would have called 911 and attended to her.

So how immediate was it when Mixon regretted punching her?...Immediately after learning he was caught on video.

He was young and in shock. It was a knee-jerk reaction by a young man. He wasn't celebrating or happy or fired up, but rather was in a "holy shit" state of mind, which is why he immediately left.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 05:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It wasn't like he had a history of this or has repeated the offense.

It's also not like he made a conscious decision to put pot in his trunk.  It was a knee-jerk reaction and something he immediately regretted.

It's not like he went to a club with intentions to get a college girl drunk, have his bodyguards force her into a bathroom, and rape her.

There was no intent.  Sometimes we all do stupid things in the spur of the moment without thinking, especially when we're that young.

How in the hell do YOU know what someone's intentions or thoughts were?
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 04:42 PM)BengalRed Wrote: This is a total thread fail. If the Ravens had drafted Mixon (and I think they would have if he had slipped way down the draft) you would be in the same position Bengal fans are.

A position where I have a choice to defend it or speak out against it? I've already been in that position and I chose to do what most here won't do: I spoke out against it

Quote:And for what it's worth he didn't break her jaw when he punched her, her jaw broke when it hit the table. (This is the part where you tell me I'm defending him which would be wrong, I'm only pointing out the facts).

So why mention this fact if you aren't using it to "defend" him?

Quote:The lastly I find it hard to take seriously a grown man who uses cartoon heros in his sig.

your avatar is a "keep calm" picture. You can't talk about taking people seriously. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 11:06 PM)Vlad Wrote: Apparently the point has been missed throughout this thread. What the eff does Rice or Lewis have to do with anything?

Cincinnati in turn is signing a known criminal.   Those bengals so notorious for signing players already known to have had both off and on the field issues.
Cincinnati the sanctuary city for NFL thugs. Welcome to cincy  Mixon.

Solid posts, Vlad. They can't excuse the Bengals picking up dirt bags after the rest of the NFL passes on them for being criminals, so they focus on players from rival teams either accused of things or cut for what they did, as if that's even in the same ball park. 

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 09:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Solid posts, Vlad. They can't excuse the Bengals picking up dirt bags after the rest of the NFL passes on them for being criminals, so they focus on players from rival teams either accused of things or cut for what they did, as if that's even in the same ball park. 

I think the two of you are kinda missing the point. It's the hypocrisy of ravens fans coming here bitching about the bengals drafting mixon considering who's been on your team. You wanna cast stones, fine.

If you two are so passionate about the topic of abusing women then by all means take your passion to a state or national level. Get involved, speak out! The amount of time you spend here griping about something not even relating to your team is astounding.

And it's not even our job to defend the selection, it's mike brown's. I believe he's already addressed it. Again, the parties involved have moved on. You should do the same.

Get a life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 09:44 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I think the two of you are kinda missing the point.  It's the hypocrisy of ravens fans coming here bitching about the bengals drafting mixon considering who's been on your team.  You wanna cast stones, fine.  

No, you missed the point. There is no hypocrisy.  This is about bengals harboring PRIOR troublemakers or criminals.
Again, teams have very limited control over what players do after they are signed....criticizing how teams react or how they punish the player is for a different topic.

If the ravens are also guilty of welcoming thugs to their organization with open arms, you can call Pat a hypocrite.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 09:44 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I think the two of you are kinda missing the point.  It's the hypocrisy of ravens fans coming here bitching about the bengals drafting mixon considering who's been on your team.  You wanna cast stones, fine.  

If you two are so passionate about the topic of abusing women then by all means take your passion to a state or national level.  Get involved, speak out!  The amount of time you spend here griping about something not even relating to your team is astounding.    

And it's not even our job to defend the selection, it's mike brown's.  I believe he's already addressed it.  Again, the parties involved have moved on.  You should do the same.

Get a life

Always trying to get the "last word in", aren't you? Get a life.

Reply/Quote
Yup, that's me. And your reply is a deep and meaningful one. Such a linguist. You'll persuade lots of people with that verbiage.

Mixon made a mistake. He deserves a second chance. Glad he's a bengal.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 10:10 AM)Vlad Wrote: No, you missed the point. There is no hypocrisy.  This is about bengals harboring PRIOR troublemakers or criminals.
Again, teams have very limited control over what players do after they are signed....criticizing how teams react or how they punish the player is for a different topic.

If the ravens are also guilty of welcoming thugs to their organization with open arms, you can call Pat a hypocrite.

Hmm Which AFCN team "harbors" a multi time criminal on the COACHING STAFF, the "Midnite Toker" in the backfield AND on the outside, a linebacker with a DV past, and a rapist under center?  Ah, those glass houses in Shitsburgh.....must be plexiglass. LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 09:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Solid posts, Vlad. They can't excuse the Bengals picking up dirt bags after the rest of the NFL passes on them for being criminals, so they focus on players from rival teams either accused of things or cut for what they did, as if that's even in the same ball park. 

Again, you have a statue of a guy, at the very least, involved in a murder outside of your stadium. LOL 

I have been VERY vocal over my disdain with the Mixon pick....almost left the boards and dropped the team over it. In fact, some on here won't even speak to me anymore over the things I put in JN on draft day....but yeah.....Ray Lewis. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 01:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: In fact, some on here won't even speak to me anymore over the things I put in JN on draft day...

That's super gay.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote