Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals address need for guys who punch women in face depth
(05-08-2017, 11:03 PM)Vlad Wrote: What a surprise...another bengal fan shows up goin with the equivalency argument when there is none. 

Sure thing Skippy.....except for that time y'all signed Vick.....LaGarrett Blounte.....re - signed Harrison....and made Jerry Porter A COACH. Mellow  :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 03:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: There were a couple that I'm not very proud of....the mods may have taken them down before you saw them. I've wisened up and came to my senses over time....thankfully the staff had my best interest at heart. LOL

I realize my folly now....and I was wrong to judge the young man....that's something I ardently try to refrain from. I offer my sincere apologies to anyone I may have offended.  I'm certainly no angel....especially in my younger days.  I still am not thrilled about it....but everyone deserves a second chance....

That's basically where I've landed with him. I wasn't thrilled with the pick either. Although, it wasn't really due to my opinion what he did. I was more concerned with just being the butt of the "group of thugs" shit once again from the media. I prefer ESPN and NFL.com saying nice things about my team, not calling them a bunch of misfits and criminals...

As far as the player goes, I agree that he deserves a second chance. And now that he's on the team, I'm trying to focus on the football side of it which, admittedly, is exciting to watch. 

Here's to him never hurting anyone ever again. 
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 03:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That's basically where I've landed with him. I wasn't thrilled with the pick either. Although, it wasn't really due to my opinion what he did. I was more concerned with just being the butt of the "group of thugs" shit once again from the media. I prefer ESPN and NFL.com saying nice things about my team, not calling them a bunch of misfits and criminals...

As far as the player goes, I agree that he deserves a second chance. And now that he's on the team, I'm trying to focus on the football side of it which, admittedly, is exciting to watch. 

Here's to him never hurting anyone ever again. 

Indeed......it was a little of both for me. We already have Smackman.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 12:15 PM)Vlad Wrote: Point out where I said it was ok to keep bad players?

What I pointed out was that the bengals drafted a criminal who had not yet put on a Bengal uniform.

Teams cutting or keeping players already on their roster who misbehave is for an entirely different discussion.

Why is that so difficult to understand?

It's an entirely different discussion because keeping a murderer and woman-beater on your team is MUCH worse than drafting a guy that did something bad AS A TEEN and has changed!

Why is that so difficult to understand?!
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 03:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Mrs. Bmore, out for a nice seafood dinner and NEVER call her again!

Dorothy Bmore is a saint!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 04:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Dorothy Bmore is a saint!

So we can find her on New Orleans' team site? She's a big easy? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 03:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sure thing Skippy.....except for that time y'all signed Vick.....LaGarrett Blounte.....re - signed Harrison....and made Jerry Porter A COACH. Mellow  :andy:

Coach Porter knows the proper technique to drunkenly confronting a cop. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 09:22 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Coach Porter knows the proper technique to drunkenly confronting a cop. 

Pacman should've taken lessons!

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 04:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's an entirely different discussion because keeping a murderer and woman-beater on your team is MUCH worse than drafting a guy that did something bad AS A TEEN and has changed!

Why is that so difficult to understand?!

Oh I understand, I understand that you are deflecting.

You are defending the bengals drafting of a criminal by turning it into a "which team is worse" argument. Apples and oranges.

Would have the Steelers drafted Mixon?  I would give that a strong "hell no".

Ray Rice was cut from the Ravens for belting a woman.

Would have the Ravens drafted Mixon?  I would give that a strong "hell no" as well.
No one in the division would have drafted Mixon.

Only the bungles.
Own it Brad.
Reply/Quote
It stinks of sex in here. 

ThumbsUp
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 08:12 AM)Vlad Wrote: Oh I understand,  I understand that you are deflecting.

You are defending the bengals drafting of a criminal by turning it into a "which team is worse" argument. Apples and oranges.

Would have the Ravens drafted Mixon?  I would give that a strong "hell no" as well.

Only the bungles.
Own it Brad.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/858118081285165058

Only 4 teams would even state anonymously that they'd draft him. 

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 08:12 AM)Vlad Wrote: Oh I understand, I understand that you are deflecting.

Only the bungles.
Own it Brad.
HA!!!

There's NO WAY you're this delusional!

Ravens only cut Ray Rice MONTHS LATER when the public outcry got to be too much! They had no problem keeping him!

You also conveniently left out the Ravens keeping a murderer!

And the Steelers also have kept a QB that has raped multiple women!

How do you condemn the Bengals for drafting a guy that did something LONG BEFORE the Bengals even thought about drafting him and has shown no signs of repeat behavior (in fact, has shown the EXACT OPPOSITE in remorse) but defend teams keeping players on the roster even though they've committed their horrible crimes against people WHILE ON THE TEAM?!
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 12:30 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: It stinks of sex in here. 

ThumbsUp

Pervert
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: HA!!!

There's NO WAY you're this delusional!

Ravens only cut Ray Rice MONTHS LATER when the public outcry got to be too much! They had no problem keeping him!

You also conveniently left out the Ravens keeping a murderer!

And the Steelers also have kept a QB that has raped multiple women!

How do you condemn the Bengals for drafting a guy that did something LONG BEFORE the Bengals even thought about drafting him and has shown no signs of repeat behavior (in fact, has shown the EXACT OPPOSITE in remorse) but defend teams keeping players on the roster even though they've committed their horrible crimes against people WHILE ON THE TEAM?!

LOL, didn't have to read that to know it was irrelevant.

So,
Do you believe the Ravens would have drafted Mixon?
Do you believe the Steelers would have?

Supposed the Ravens did draft Mixon, would you say "nice pick Harbaugh", or would you join the publics certain backlash towards the Ravens organization?

Would you at least answer that?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 08:28 PM)Vlad Wrote: LOL, didn't have to read that to know it was irrelevant.

So,
Do you believe the Ravens would have drafted Mixon?

Supposed the Ravens did draft Mixon, would you say "nice pick Harbaugh", or would you join the publics certain backlash towards the Ravens organization?

Would you at least answer that?

lol, you didn't address any of my points!

And you're once again missing the point!  Mixon made a mistake AS A TEEN and has changed!  

And you also didn't address the points about the Ravens and Steelers keeping guys on their team even though they commit crimes much worse than Mixon!  Why is that?!

Answer this:

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 10:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol, you didn't address any of my points!

And you're once again missing the point!  Mixon made a mistake AS A TEEN and has changed!  

Yes agree. As a teen he committed a crime. 

(05-10-2017, 10:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And you also didn't address the points about the Ravens and Steelers keeping guys on their team even though they commit crimes much worse than Mixon!  Why is that?!

Once again it is irrelevant. Secondly, I would refute your claim anyway  because Ben was never charged with rape, and Ray was acquitted of murder.
Therefore, their respective teams accepted the decision of the courts and retained their players.
Had each player been guilty and the team retained them your argument would be less dumb.

(05-10-2017, 10:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Answer this:

Easy. The same way these folks "condemned" the bengals. 
Funny how it doesn't matter to them that the ravens had a player that slugged a woman.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/05/03/cincinnati-tv-station-urges-fans-to-boycott-bengals-for-drafting-player-who-punched-a-woman/?utm_term=.4052eb757800

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/274083/bengals-getting-backlash-over-drafting-rb-joe-mixon/

http://www.fanteractive.com/news/?news/9610/Bengalseye-opener:runningbackJoeMixonin2ndround

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/cincinnati-bengals-joe-mixon-oklahoma-2017-nfl-draft-second-round-pick-twitter-reaction-fans

Okie dokie there Bradley, now answer mine.

(This aught to be fun)

Do you believe the Ravens would have drafted Mixon?
(assuming they both needed a RB)

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 11:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: Yes agree. As a teen he committed a crime. 
Then you also agree there's a big difference between committing a crime as a teen, especially in the way that Mixon did, versus committing crimes as Ray Rice did in his twenties (also when his fiancee showed no sign of violence towards him EITHER TIME that he punched her) and with Ray Lewis MURDERING two people and Ben RAPING multiple women.

(05-10-2017, 11:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: Once again it is irrelevant. Secondly, I would refute your claim anyway  because Ben was never charged with rape, and Ray was acquitted of murder.
Therefore, their respective teams accepted the decision of the courts and retained their players. 
Had each player been guilty and the team retained them you would have a better case.

Ben wasn't charged with rape because he had his bodyguards block the door!  It's well-known that he raped her and the others!  He paid them off in civil suits though!

Also, LEARN YOUR FACTS and see that Ray wasn't "acquitted" but had the charges dropped because he rolled over on his two friends, which THEY WERE THEN ACQUITTED even with Ray rolling over on them because Ray's the one that killed them! 
(05-10-2017, 11:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: Easy. The same way these folks "condemned" the bengals.  
Funny how it doesn't matter to them that the ravens had a player that slugged a woman.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/05/03/cincinnati-tv-station-urges-fans-to-boycott-bengals-for-drafting-player-who-punched-a-woman/?utm_term=.4052eb757800

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/274083/bengals-getting-backlash-over-drafting-rb-joe-mixon/

[/color][/size]http://www.fanteractive.com/news/?news/9610/Bengalseye-opener:runningbackJoeMixonin2ndround

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/cincinnati-bengals-joe-mixon-oklahoma-2017-nfl-draft-second-round-pick-twitter-reaction-fans
From one link:
Quote:Mixon, who made a plea deal and reached a civil settlement with Molitor, told ESPN’s Elizabeth Merrill that he hopes to “make a difference” off the field, even as he realizes that he’ll never change how some people feel about him. “People try to perpetrate me as some type of bad guy, some monster for one mistake I made three years ago,” Mixon said. “I want people to get around me, to come talk to me, to be comfortable. I’m not trying to really prove anything. I just want people to get around me and get a feel for me. If they don’t like me then, hey, so be it. I’m sorry they feel like that.

“I want to go out and help kids maybe. I want to help and talk at shelters with women. I hope to make a difference.”
Doesn't sound like a thug to me, but rather sounds like a young man who knows he made a mistake and is looking to make up for it.

From the second link:
Quote:“It’s not really about winning anybody over,” Mixon said in an interview. “I come here to work and to be the best teammate, the best person, and try to do whatever I can around the community and get everybody together.”

So he's not doing it for appearance or reputation, but just to help the community and bring people together.  That's not a thug.

The other two links are similar and it's obvious that they just tried to bring up the Bengals taking him as a controversy to stir up trouble where none exists.

That's VERY OBVIOUS.

(05-10-2017, 11:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: Okie dokie there Bradley, now answer mine.

(This aught to be fun)

Do you believe the Ravens would have drafted Mixon?

I believe both teams would do what it takes to win and would have drafted him without a problem, which is obvious by them keeping players who have done much worse.

I don't think that there would be a public backlash towards the Ravens because they've won Super Bowls, so the media overlooks it.  

However, I wouldn't have bashed Harbaugh because, like I said, Mixon was young, and people make mistakes when they're young and Mixon has owned up to it and is remorseful, along with everything else I've posted.
Reply/Quote
Here, Vlad, let me lay it out for you in a more real-life example:

Scenario one: Say a person commits a crime by hitting a woman who was the aggressor when they're a teen but have shown that they have grown from the experience and are a model citizen.

Scenario two: A company has an employee that murders two people.

Scenario three: A company has an employee that rapes multiple women.

Scenario four: A company has an employee that publicly beat a woman because they were arguing.

In scenario one, some companies might not even look to hire him but a lot of companies realize that they were young and just made a mistake, like a lot of people do. There is MILLIONS of people who have had that scenario (of committing a crime, maybe not necessarily hitting a woman but possibly worse or possibly not as bad) and there are MILLIONS of companies who have hired people like that.

In scenarios two, three, and four, any company would have fired those employees.

Scenario one is obviously the Bengals and two, three, and four are obviously the Steelers and Ravens.

Anyone that thinks logically would much rather be on the Bengals side in this discussion.
Reply/Quote
Wait... so he sexually harasses her, uses a gay slur when she turns him down, and follows her into a store, continuing to harass her and her friends. She then pushes him when he won't go away and slaps him after he lunges at her like he is going to punch her.

Note to women, do not try to defend yourself from men who are harassing you and threatening you. That makes you the "aggressor". Especially when it's a model citizen who only one year ago threw a parking ticket at a campus employee and then aggressively drove towards them with his car.

The bar is set low in Kentucky.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 02:31 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Here, Vlad, let me lay it out for you in a more real-life example:

Scenario one:  Say a person commits a crime by hitting a woman who was the aggressor when they're a teen but have shown that they have grown from the experience and are a model citizen.  

Scenario two:  A company has an employee that murders two people.  

Scenario three:  A company has an employee that rapes multiple women.

Scenario four:  A company has an employee that publicly beat a woman because they were arguing.

In scenario one, some companies might not even look to hire him but a lot of companies realize that they were young and just made a mistake, like a lot of people do.  There is MILLIONS of people who have had that scenario (of committing a crime, maybe not necessarily hitting a woman but possibly worse or possibly not as bad) and there are MILLIONS of companies who have hired people like that.

In scenarios two, three, and four, any company would have fired those employees.

Scenario one is obviously the Bengals and two, three, and four are obviously the Steelers and Ravens.  

Anyone that thinks logically would much rather be on the Bengals side in this discussion.

Just skimming through that...as long as you keep insisting that Ben raped someone and Lewis murdered someone, there's no point in continuing.

Just know one thing... as hard as it may be for you to believe, when people stop responding to you it's not because they feel you've won the debate. Its pretty far from it.

Go ahead Brad, I'll let you have the last word.
Reply/Quote