Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals address need for guys who punch women in face depth
(05-08-2017, 04:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's super gay.

Meh, it's their choice.....same as it was mine to go overboard with the vitriol I guess.  I can't knock 'em too much, I was lucky I didn't get a 5 day vacation, to be honest.  The mods deleted a couple of the worst, one was so bad, I was gonna delete it myself, but was beaten to the punch by a mod. LOL

I wouldn't go that route, but I can see their position, somewhat.  Others were kinda scared to start a convo with me that are friends of mine because we were on opposite sides of the coin.....and I was very vehement in my opposition. Smirk I definitely understand that, no sense in losing friends over something so trivial in the heat of things. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 09:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Solid posts, Vlad. They can't excuse the Bengals picking up dirt bags after the rest of the NFL passes on them for being criminals, so they focus on players from rival teams either accused of things or cut for what they did, as if that's even in the same ball park. 

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

This has to be a joke or you just think that everyone is too stupid to know the difference!!!!

You keep AVOIDING THE FACT THAT THE RAVENS DIDN'T EVEN CUT HIM UNTIL MONTHS LATER AND AFTER THERE WAS A PUBLIC OUTCRY!

You also keep avoiding the fact that YOU EVEN SAID RAY LEWIS WAS INVOLVED SOMEHOW!

Seriously, do you think that we're all too dumb to comprehend what you post?
Reply/Quote
Daily check in on this thread....
I'm totally enjoying how the concept of "smack" seems to be lost on everyone. All that's missing is a Browns fan so that Donte' Stallworth can be brought into the mix. 
Carry on

Popcorn
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 09:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It would be funny if Pat just wasn't so horrible at smack and if his team didn't have skeletons in their closet belonging to the two guys Ray Lewis killed.............

Now that is funny as shit. Stop right there and quit defending Mixon by bringing up Lewis. 
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 10:18 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Yup, that's me.  And your reply is a deep and meaningful one.  Such a linguist.  You'll persuade lots of people with that verbiage.  

Mixon made a mistake.  He deserves a second chance.  Glad he's a bengal.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It keeps you coming back, apparently. I can hang my hat on that.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 10:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It keeps you coming back, apparently. I can hang my hat on that.

I have something i can hang a hat on. A realllly big hat. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 11:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He was young and in shock. It was a knee-jerk reaction by a young man.  He wasn't celebrating or happy or fired up, but rather was in a "holy shit" state of mind, which is why he immediately left.

Yeah he was "in shock" all right.
In shock over those devastating open handed slaps, or even worse, in shock over some words she may have said... like this hero.

Look at his reaction, he was clearly shocked! Poor guy.

[Image: girlpunch.gif]image url uploadcertificity.com
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 05:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

This has to be a joke or you just think that everyone is too stupid to know the difference!!!!

You keep AVOIDING THE FACT THAT THE RAVENS DIDN'T EVEN CUT HIM UNTIL MONTHS LATER AND AFTER THERE WAS A PUBLIC OUTCRY!

You also keep avoiding the fact that YOU EVEN SAID RAY LEWIS WAS INVOLVED SOMEHOW!

Seriously, do you think that we're all too dumb to comprehend what you post?

The irony in your post is that you're the one that can't seem to tell the difference.

The issue here is that the bengals signed a known criminal when everyone else passed on him.

Would have the ravens drafted Lewis had he been just arrested for murder as a college senior?
No one knows for sure, but I would venture to say no.

Would have the Ravens drafted Rice after he was caught on video knocking out a girl while a college senior?
Probably not.

Did the bengals draft a former college player caught on video knocking out a girl.
Yes they did, without hesitation.

Did that help clear things up for you Brad?

You can look on the rosters of every NFL team and find players who have gotten into trouble as members of that team.
But you cannot use that to defend what the bengals did. 
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 01:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hmm Which AFCN team "harbors" a multi time criminal on the COACHING STAFF, the "Midnite Toker" in the backfield AND on the outside, a linebacker with a DV past, and a rapist under center?  Ah, those glass houses in Shitsburgh.....must be plexiglass. LOL 

What a surprise...another bengal fan shows up goin with the equivalency argument when there is none. 
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 11:03 PM)Vlad Wrote: What a surprise...another bengal fan shows up goin with the equivalency argument when there is none. 

It seems, in your world, once a team drafts/picks up a guy and he breaks the law, the team can't cut him. Mellow

Of course, that's not what you're saying. 

What you are doing is, taking one convenient argument that applies to the Bengals but doesn't apply to the Ravens or Steelers and hanging your hat on that. With Gorilla Glue. As if it's the only salient point there is. 

It's an old tried and true tactic. And it's just as transparent as it ever was. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Wow.........  you're definitely the one that needs things cleared up for him, so I'll give it a shot.

ThumbsUp

(05-08-2017, 10:56 PM)Vlad Wrote: The irony in your post is that you're the one that can't seem to tell the difference.

The issue here is that the bengals signed a known criminal when everyone else passed on him.
He's not a known criminal, and everyone else passed on him for a round and a half!  It's not like he was a pariah that no other team would have ever touched.

And the irony here is that you have it so backwards that I'm getting dizzy just reading it.

(05-08-2017, 10:56 PM)Vlad Wrote: The irony in your post is that you're the one that can't seem to tell the difference.

Would have the ravens drafted Lewis had he been just arrested for murder as a college senior?
No one knows for sure, but I would venture to say no.

Would have the Ravens drafted Rice after he was caught on video knocking out a girl while a college senior?
Probably not.

Did the bengals draft a former college player caught on video knocking out a girl.
Yes they did, without hesitation.

Let me try and lay this out for you in basic ways:

Mixon made that mistake long ago, and he has learned from it and is remorseful, so he hasn't done anything while a member of the Bengals.

Ray Lewis killed two people WHILE ON THE RAVENS' TEAM, AND THEY KEPT HIM ON THE TEAM.

Ray Rice knocked out his wife WHILE SHE WAS JUST WALKING TOWARDS HIM, AND THEY KEPT HIM ON THE TEAM.

You think if someone makes a mistake, they should be judged by that mistake for the rest of their life and that NFL teams should stay away, but you don't think they should be judged in the same manner IF THEY MAKE FAR WORSE MISTAKES WHILE ACTUALLY ON THE TEAM, which is just mind-boggling to anyone that thinks even remotely logically.
(05-08-2017, 10:56 PM)Vlad Wrote: You can look on the rosters of every NFL team and find players who have gotten into trouble as members of that team.
But you cannot use that to defend what the bengals did. 

That's one of the most absurd things I've ever seen posted on these boards!  You think it's ok for teams to keep players after they commit acts, but not when they've committed an act as a teenager!

That makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!!!!!!!

(05-08-2017, 10:56 PM)Vlad Wrote: Did that help clear things up for you Brad?

You were obviously the one that needed things cleared up, and I hope that I helped do that.
Reply/Quote
Can we stop calling deliberate acts "mistakes"?

I sometimes mess up my "2" and "6" when writing down numbers.  That's a mistake.

Punching someone, even in the heat of the moment, or cheating on your wife or killing a dog because it didn't fight well enough for you is NOT a mistake.

It's a conscious act.

You can regret it later.  But you didn't make an mistake.

Carry on.....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 11:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It seems, in your world, once a team drafts/picks up a guy and he breaks the law, the team can't cut him. Mellow

Of course, that's not what you're saying. 

What you are doing is, taking one convenient argument that applies to the Bengals but doesn't apply to the Ravens or Steelers and hanging your hat on that. With Gorilla Glue. As if it's the only salient point there is. 

It's an old tried and true tactic. And it's just as transparent as it ever was. 

Tactic?
The tactic being used here is that Bengal fans are using the equivalency argument when there is none.

This fact that the bengals drafted a criminal and the Steelers or the Ravens didn't isn't a matter of convenience.
It is what it is.

Its a matter of inconvenience for you folks because you can't say the Steelers or Ravens did the same thing.

If you want to talk about Bengal players misbehaving vs.  Steeler players misbehaving, vs. Ravens players misbehaving that is for a different topic.

Mixon hasn't even put on a bengal uniform yet.

(Being seen in one of those gaudy costumes is a crime in itself LOL).
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 10:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I have something i can hang a hat on. A realllly big hat. 

Leave your mom out of this!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 07:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: Can we stop calling deliberate acts "mistakes"?

I sometimes mess up my "2" and "6" when writing down numbers.  That's a mistake.

Punching someone, even in the heat of the moment, or cheating on your wife or killing a dog because it didn't fight well enough for you is NOT a mistake.

It's a conscious act.

You can regret it later.  But you didn't make an mistake.

Carry on.....

Now punching the wrong stripper because you thought she picked up the money you threw at her, but it was actually a different stripper that did it would qualify as a mistake. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 01:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Again, you have a statue of a guy, at the very least, involved in a murder outside of your stadium. LOL 

I have been VERY vocal over my disdain with the Mixon pick....almost left the boards and dropped the team over it.  In fact, some on here won't even speak to me anymore over the things I put in JN on draft day....but yeah.....Ray Lewis. Mellow

Maybe I missed it, but I never thought you got personal about your hatred of the Mixon pick. I'm surprised people would stop speaking to you.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 02:03 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Wow.........  you're definitely the one that needs things cleared up for him, so I'll give it a shot.

ThumbsUp

He's not a known criminal, and everyone else passed on him for a round and a half!  It's not like he was a pariah that no other team would have ever touched.

And the irony here is that you have it so backwards that I'm getting dizzy just reading it.

Let me try and lay this out for you in basic ways:

Mixon made that mistake long ago, and he has learned from it and is remorseful, so he hasn't done anything while a member of the Bengals.

Ray Lewis killed two people WHILE ON THE RAVENS' TEAM, AND THEY KEPT HIM ON THE TEAM.

Ray Rice knocked out his wife WHILE SHE WAS JUST WALKING TOWARDS HIM, AND THEY KEPT HIM ON THE TEAM.

You think if someone makes a mistake, they should be judged by that mistake for the rest of their life and that NFL teams should stay away, but you don't think they should be judged in the same manner IF THEY MAKE FAR WORSE MISTAKES WHILE ACTUALLY ON THE TEAM, which is just mind-boggling to anyone that thinks even remotely logically.

That's one of the most absurd things I've ever seen posted on these boards!  You think it's ok for teams to keep players after they commit acts, but not when they've committed an act as a teenager!

That makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!!!!!!!

You were obviously the one that needed things cleared up, and I hope that I helped do that.

Point out where I said it was ok to keep bad players?

What I pointed out was that the bengals drafted a criminal who had not yet put on a Bengal uniform.

Teams cutting or keeping players already on their roster who misbehave is for an entirely different discussion.

Why is that so difficult to understand?
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 09:20 AM)Vlad Wrote: Tactic?
The tactic being used here is that Bengal fans are using the equivalency argument when there is none.

This fact that the bengals drafted a criminal and the Steelers or the Ravens didn't isn't a matter of convenience.
It is what it is.

Its a matter of inconvenience for you folks because you can't say the Steelers or Ravens did the same thing.

If you want to talk about Bengal players misbehaving vs.  Steeler players misbehaving, vs. Ravens players misbehaving that is for a different topic.

Mixon hasn't even put on a bengal uniform yet.

(Being seen in one of those gaudy costumes is a crime in itself LOL).

The equivalency argument is dependent on the parameters. "you guys" are sticking to 'they weren't convicted before they were drafted'. That's true. But it's also very limiting (what you're looking for) and, yes, convenient due to its limits and only being able to be applied to the Bengals. 

If a guy has been convicted, or is a criminal, does it matter to you when it happened?

P.S. Shut your face right up about uniforms, Clevelander.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 09:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Leave your mom out of this!

I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Mrs. Bmore, out for a nice seafood dinner and NEVER call her again!

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 10:38 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Maybe I missed it, but I never thought you got personal about your hatred of the Mixon pick. I'm surprised people would stop speaking to you.

There were a couple that I'm not very proud of....the mods may have taken them down before you saw them. I've wisened up and came to my senses over time....thankfully the staff had my best interest at heart. LOL

I realize my folly now....and I was wrong to judge the young man....that's something I ardently try to refrain from. I offer my sincere apologies to anyone I may have offended.  I'm certainly no angel....especially in my younger days.  I still am not thrilled about it....but everyone deserves a second chance....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote