Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals are interested in Mims and Blacklock
Per NFL insider Ian Rapoport, two players Bengals are interested in taking are Baylor wide receiver Denzel Mims and TCU defensive tackle Ross Blacklock.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/4/24/21234785/2020-nfl-draft-round-2-bengals-baylor-denzel-mims-tcu-ross-blacklock
Reply/Quote
If the Jets are really looking to trade up that could be the best value.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Think I would rather take Mims over Blacklock. I want this pick seeing more snaps, don't see Blacklock getting many
snaps as a rookie. Mims has his questions but he probably would be good insurance in case AJ or Ross go down again
and he has high upside. Many questions about Mims though, pushes off, has some drop issues at times, doesn't get
much separation, played in a weak conference against weak Corners etc.
Reply/Quote
I’ll pass on both. Give me Braun, Higgins or Jones. Otherwise I’m trying to trade down. Definitely not gonna get excited about a DT considering we have Geno and Reader. I’d rather have Higgins or Pittman at WR over Mims
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:56 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’ll pass on both. Give me Braun, Higgins or Jones. Otherwise I’m trying to trade down. Definitely not gonna get excited about a DT considering we have Geno and Reader. I’d rather have Higgins or Pittman at WR over Mims

I like Braun and shenault, but wouldn't be upset with higgins. I like shenault a little better just because I think he's more physical than Higgins, but I get the injury concerns.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:56 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’ll pass on both. Give me Braun, Higgins or Jones. Otherwise I’m trying to trade down. Definitely not gonna get excited about a DT considering we have Geno and Reader. I’d rather have Higgins or Pittman at WR over Mims

Could you imagine Green, Boyd, Mims and Ross though ?
Reply/Quote
I can see people not being happy about Blacklock, but the Bengals might view him as a pass rusher who can do so from 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT spot.

I can see the appeal.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

(04-24-2020, 03:01 PM)Benton Wrote: I like Braun and shenault, but wouldn't be upset with higgins. I like shenault a little better just because I think he's more physical than Higgins, but I get the injury concerns.

It is Baun guys, not Braun lol

But yeah, I like most all of these guys over Mims for the reasons I listed. Higgins has his questions though too, same with Shenault
and his injury history. Robert Hunt is a guy I would be all for who can play Guard or RT.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I can see people not being happy about Blacklock, but the Bengals might view him as a pass rusher who can do so from 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT spot.

I can see the appeal.

Yeah, I could see that, I like Epenesa much better for this roll though.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think I would rather take Mims over Blacklock. I want this pick seeing more snaps, don't see Blacklock getting many
snaps as a rookie. Mims has his questions but he probably would be good insurance in case AJ or Ross go down again
and he has high upside. Many questions about Mims though, pushes off, has some drop issues at times, doesn't get
much separation, played in a weak conference against weak Corners etc.

Same here. Mims over Blacklock 10/10 times. 

Brett Kollmann says he might be the most well-rounded WR in this draft. Smart. Good route runner. 4.38 speed. 

I've been a Baun/Jones guy, but I would be more than happy if Mims is the pick. 

LB or Oline in 3. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:05 PM)Trademark Wrote: Could you imagine Green, Boyd, Mims and Ross though ?

not if Burrow has no run game and is getting shell shocked on passing downs.

I don't see how they can pass on Jones.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:05 PM)Trademark Wrote: Could you imagine Green, Boyd, Mims and Ross though ?

With Mixon leaking out too.. on paper Burrow would have one of the best group of skill position players in the league to work with (as long as we can block them up).
Reply/Quote
Didn't they coach Jones at the Senior Bowl? If they pass on him, I'm not too concerned. They got an up close look at him for a week.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:16 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Same here. Mims over Blacklock 10/10 times. 

Brett Kollmann says he might be the most well-rounded WR in this draft. Smart. Good route runner. 4.38 speed. 

I've been a Baun/Jones guy, but I would be more than happy if Mims is the pick. 

LB or Oline in 3. 

Agreed, those are the strengths with Mims. Think any mix of Mims/Robert Hunt/Niang or Josh Jones/Robert Hunt then Claypool.

Then get our Linebacker in the 4th, should be a good one like ADG, Logan Wilson or Justin Strnad there.
Reply/Quote
I thought ZT said the 2nd round pick would start. Not sure either of these guys would start?

Maybe just getting Mima name out there to see if they get some bites
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Didn't they coach Jones at the Senior Bowl?  If they pass on him, I'm not too concerned.  They got an up close look at him for a week.

Yeah, and John Sheeran was down there. I remember him saying at the time that Jones was impressive. I think we ought to go after Jones and Mims. It would mean trading up, but what the hell? YOLO
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:27 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Yeah, and John Sheeran was down there. I remember him saying at the time that Jones was impressive. I think we ought to go after Jones and Mims. It would mean trading up, but what the hell? YOLO

Right.  So, if they pass on Jones, then there's something about him that they don't like for their system.  People get caught up in all the media and all the "first round" grades that prospects have.  At least if they pass on him it's not because they didn't have the opportunity to fully evaluate him.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:52 PM)Synric Wrote: If the Jets are really looking to trade up that could be the best value.

We would drop from 33 to 48. Pretty huge. I think I need 48. 68, and 120
Reply/Quote
Hope both are a smoke screen, personally.
Reply/Quote
Blacklock tore his Achilles in 2018 so I would stay away from him for that reason alone but his tape his impressive.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote