Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim Moss
I know how happy this will make some of you

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
With a pick of Chase we are all in on 2019 LSU lol.
Reply/Quote
Not sure if Moss will even make the team, but I saw this coming a mile away.

Moss grew up and started high school in Florence Kentucky. He is practically from Cincinnati.

He not only played with Burrow but he caught the td pass when Joe Broke the NCAA single season record.
Reply/Quote
Most excited I've been about a UDFA since Burfict.

Honestly, I doubt he's going to ever be a starter or anything, but he's a no-brainer as far as getting a look at him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Fantastic, super-happy to see on Twitter Big Grin

I hope he'll make the team and be a solid contributor who plays hard, like he did at LSU. And if he doesn't make the squad? No harm done.

Helps that he's a willing-blocker too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Hell yeah. As long as he’s healthy he should at least he TE3.

Reply/Quote
Burrow getting the band back together
Reply/Quote
No brainer. Good move.
Reply/Quote
I hope he is healthy. I don't think he played last year so hopefully he has healed all the way up.

I've been wanting to include a TE in mock drafts. Losing Cethan Carter was an underrated loss. Moss and Mitchell Wilcox will hopefully be able to fill that void.
Reply/Quote
OK, no need for Pitts now

I'm joking
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
No downside I can see. Could be a nice addition with little to no risk.

I almost hope he make the team for no other reason that I think his old man is one of the coolest cats to play in the league these last few decades. HUGE Randy Moss guy, if you didn't know.

Dream scenario: Bengals win Superbowl with Thadeus Moss as their starting Tight End. During the game there's numerous shots of Randy Moss and Jason Williams (White Chocolate) reunited, decked out in Bengals gear and cheering the team on. After the win I celebrate by doing two chicks at the same time.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No downside I can see. Could be a nice addition with little to no risk.

I almost hope he make the team for no other reason that I think his old man is one of the coolest cats to play in the league these last few decades. HUGE Randy Moss guy, if you didn't know.

Dream scenario: Bengals win Superbowl with Thadeus Moss as their starting Tight End. During the game there's numerous shots of Randy Moss and Jason Williams (White Chocolate) reunited, decked out in Bengals gear and cheering the team on. After the win I celebrate by doing two chicks at the same time.

Lawrence approves.

[Image: 76540842.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Nice. Kick the tires and see what we’ve got.
Reply/Quote
I remember hearing Moss didn't have a drop in his last year at LSU? Or am I mistaken, which I probably am
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Most excited I've been about a UDFA since Burfict.

Honestly, I doubt he's going to ever be a starter or anything, but he's a no-brainer as far as getting a look at him.

I remember rooting for the Bengals to draft Burfict every round after the second.  I remember being crushed we didn't pick him up at all even after the seventh round when he was still available, I figured that there must've been extreme character concerns.  Then like super elation when I saw him sign as an UDFA.  I knew he would definetly make the team.

For Moss, I don't have as much confidence of making the team.  He is on the shorter side, but has some blocking skills.  He seems more like a pass catching H-Back like Cethan Carter, than a TE.  It's worth a flyer I guess.
Reply/Quote
If I recall correctly, we called him after the draft to sign him but he had already accepted the first offer he received which happened to be Washington.

Probably not the brightest bulb in the box, but he and Joe got along well and played well together. I like the signing.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:49 PM)Yogo Wrote: I remember rooting for the Bengals to draft Burfict every round after the second.  I remember being crushed we didn't pick him up at all even after the seventh round when he was still available, I figured that there must've been extreme character concerns.  Then like super elation when I saw him sign as an UDFA.  I knew he would definetly make the team.

For Moss, I don't have as much confidence of making the team.  He is on the shorter side, but has some blocking skills.  He seems more like a pass catching H-Back like Cethan Carter, than a TE.  It's worth a flyer I guess.

Yeah I easily had more confidence in Burfict.

I guess I'm just looking at need, and I like that he played with Burrow at LSU. Dumb reason to want a player, but oh well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We got Mossed
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
NFL.com draft profile: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/thaddeus-moss/32004d4f-5372-3035-30a4-e64d97cdc93c

Quote:Family lineage and brand awareness playing with Joe Burrow and LSU make it easy to overshoot expectations for Moss as a dynamic pass-catcher, but tape study shows he's actually more skilled as a run blocker.

He has great hands and good body control, but he's an average athlete who benefited from rub routes and off coverage to find plenty of open-window catches.

He will get after it as a run blocker, using above-average technique and an impressive ability to strain and sustain against bigger opponents. He could struggle to uncover against tight man, but his hybrid TE/H-back versatility and run-blocking prowess could lock him into a TE3 role.
Reply/Quote
With Cethan Carter gone, the TE3 spot is up for grabs.
Moss, who already has a rapport with Burrow, can compete with the likes of Schreck and Wilox (and a draft pick?) for that spot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote