Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim Moss
(04-13-2021, 11:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 1) Draft Burrow
2) Sign Moss
3) Draft Chase
4) Fire Zac and hire former LSU offensive coordinator Joe Brady.

If the Bengals (and specifically the offense) don't do well this year, you'd have to think this is a possibility next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 02:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals (and specifically the offense) don't do well this year, you'd have to think this is a possibility next year.

Thinking that way myself. 
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 10:23 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Just last through this year when Taylor puts out another below average offense, then go get Joe Brady from Carolina to be the next HC+OC.

Brady was able to get 4129 passing yards on an offense with primarily Bridgewater at QB and McCaffrey only playing 3 games.
He found a way to spread the ball between 3 WRs (Moore, Anderson, Samuel), each putting up 850+ yards on 97+ targets.
He definitely could do the same with Boyd, Higgins, and a drafted WR (Chase?) with Burrow throwing the ball.

Some might point to the fact that the passing offense was only 18th in yards, but they were only 22nd in attempts.

If this year goes sour, I hope we reach out to Brady for HC position.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 04:00 PM)Yogo Wrote: If this year goes sour, I hope we reach out to Brady for HC position.

I wonder what the Panthers are planning to do for offense after Curtis Samuel left for WFT.
They probably could use a new LT unless they choose to re-sign Okung or sign Villanueva.
They could use another pass catcher, TE or WR.
Given both Moore and Anderson put up 1000+ yard seasons last year, they don't really need a WR1.
As such, they're probably targeting Sewell, Slater, or Pitts at 8th overall.
They can take either a pass catcher or OT at 39 based on how 1st round goes.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 04:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wonder what the Panthers are planning to do for offense after Curtis Samuel left for WFT.
They probably could use a new LT unless they choose to re-sign Okung or sign Villanueva.
They could use another pass catcher, TE or WR.
Given both Moore and Anderson put up 1000+ yard seasons last year, they don't really need a WR1.
As such, they're probably targeting Sewell, Slater, or Pitts at 8th overall.
They can take either a pass catcher or OT at 39 based on how 1st round goes.

I would guess they look OL first and then reach into the depth of WRs since they have two good ones and need a 3rd to help fill it out.

Also could see them going for Defensive help as they really need help in the secondary, especially when you have to deal with the Bucs and Falcons receiving corps. Also, New Orleans, but post-Brees we'll see how good they are.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 04:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I would guess they look OL first and then reach into the depth of WRs since they have two good ones and need a 3rd to help fill it out.

Also could see them going for Defensive help as they really need help in the secondary, especially when you have to deal with the Bucs and Falcons receiving corps. Also, New Orleans, but post-Brees we'll see how good they are.

They did just sign AJ Bouye to help with their defensive backfield. It's not a permanent solution, but potentially a stopgap that lets them focus on offense early in the draft and then take DL and DB on Day 3.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 04:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They did just sign AJ Bouye to help with their defensive backfield. It's not a permanent solution, but potentially a stopgap that lets them focus on offense early in the draft and then take DL and DB on Day 3.

True, but I have to imagine if Pitts, Chase and Sewell are gone Sertain, Horn and even Parsons would be interesting for them. 

If not a defender, I'd expect it to be Slater. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 02:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dante Culpepper?

Thought Randall Cunningham was always an Eagle?

His best season was in 1998 as a Viking with rookie Randy Moss.

I want to say he ended his career as a Cowboy on the bench.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 09:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: His best season was in 1998 as a Viking with rookie Randy Moss.

I want to say he ended his career as a Cowboy on the bench.

Wild, I was in High School so don't remember that...

Thanks Shake. Guess Fred was right on Cunningham, I knew the guy was a special talent I just only saw him on the Eagles.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad to see we landed him. Apparently we wanted to sign him after the draft last year, but Moss intended to sign with the first team who offered him a deal, which was Washington. I could see him being our 3rd TE and/or possible Cethan Carter replacement on ST.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 09:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wild, I was in High School so don't remember that...

Thanks Shake. Guess Fred was right on Cunningham, I knew the guy was a special talent I just only saw him on the Eagles.

I was in high school too. I was just obsessed with football back then and have a very good long term memory.

Yet I can't tell you what I had for breakfast yesterday. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 09:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wild, I was in High School so don't remember that...

He was no longer the freak running threat he was with the Eagles but his best passing season was '98.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 02:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals (and specifically the offense) don't do well this year, you'd have to think this is a possibility next year.

Who is the Assistant Head coach right now?
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 11:35 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Who is the Assistant Head coach right now?

Simmons is the Bengals' assistant HC.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 01:46 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was in high school too. I was just obsessed with football back then and have a very good long term memory.

Yet I can't tell you what I had for breakfast yesterday. LOL

I feel yah lol

(04-14-2021, 11:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He was no longer the freak running threat he was with the Eagles but his best passing season was '98.

I remember Cunningham had a monster arm too, just couldn't remember him on the Vikings for some reason.

Didn't know this, thanks Fred. Cool
Reply/Quote