Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Bengals haven't done enough to address O-line problems.
(03-16-2022, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: None, but I'm unsure how that's relevant to your assertion that this TE class is not deep because "you don't see many listed in the top 2 rounds of mocks". 

Last year we seen a 1sr RD generational TE, but the class was not deep. 

It's relevant because we have no starting TE on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:41 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Do we really win a SB though with Prince ,no Apple and no CJ? it's debatable we just changed weaknesses. CJ won us a couple of games with his play

Yes. Adding Cappa and Karras were good.

But, losing Ogunjobi and CJ hurts too. And I would have NEVER paid Larry O that much. Never.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Norwell to Washington. Quickly, it's looking like Spain is our LG.

Or Hop remains at C. We may be done. We May let Carmen and Prince compete for RT as well. We feel we already have our CB2 in Waynes nothing this franchise does would surprise me anymore. Hey at least we have Burrow and Chase and good talent around them so that makes us dangerous regardless.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: They could actually with a little work. They can pick up 12-15 million in restructures still (7 million from Taysom Hill alone). If they are willing to cut Malcolm Jenkins and a couple others with post June designations they can get another 12-15. From there you start looking at structure, potentially a minimum salary with massive signing bonus stretched over 6 years giving a minimal hit this year.

People say every year the Saints won’t be able to get under the cap but they always do, and then they thrive and get more players.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Armstead is supposedly waiting to see if Watson is going to the Saints, so with them clearing up that much space you have to think there’s something there…

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's relevant because we have no starting TE on the roster.

Technically they do, it's just Drew Sample.
He does have 23 starts to his name across 42 games played.
Unfortunately, in those 23 starts and 42 games, he's only amassed 460 yards and 1 TD.
So he'd be a bottom-tier starter if he did end up starting.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:56 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Or Hop remains at C. We may be done. We May let Carmen and Prince compete for RT as well. We feel we already have our CB2 in Waynes nothing this franchise does would surprise me anymore. Hey at least we have Burrow and Chase and good talent around them so that makes us dangerous regardless.

Yep as it stands:
- LG: Karras
- C: Hopkins
- RT: Prince/Smith/Carman
- TE: Sample
- CB2: Waynes

Seems silly for Bengals to hold onto Waynes when they didn't even give him much playing time when he returned last year, but the organization might not want to have a $5 mill dead cap (even though they'd save $10.8 mill).

You'd think they'd be able to get a RT or LG with the money saved from Hopkins, but they seem to like to wait to do releases until well into the FA period.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You'd think they'd be able to get a RT or LG with the money saved from Hopkins, but they seem to like to wait to do releases until well into the FA period.

Or until they have a replacement. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:41 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Do we really win a SB though with Prince ,no Apple and no CJ? it's debatable we just changed weaknesses. CJ won us a couple of games with his play

...and no Quinton Spain, to boot.

Our roster is overall worse right now than last year.

Added: Cappa and Karras

Lost or unsigned: Spain, Reiff, Uzomah, Apple, Ogunjobi

We can hold on to our confetti for awhile. The Bengals FO still has a lot of work to do before anyone should be happy with this off-season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

I’m phrasing it incorrectly so I’ll try again. If we had the exact same team in Feb 13, 2022 except we substitute Cappa and Karras for two other lineman likely Hopkins and Adeniji, we win. So these two guys are consequential.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty disappointed right now with the lack of quality signings.

I know it's still early, but there has been a LOT of talent that has come off the board, especially at positions of need for the Bengals.

Money shouldn't be an issue. I really hope they spend, and if they don't....then that would be a MAJOR disappointment.

They've missed out on some quality pieces that have been pretty affordable, honestly. That's the biggest let down for me.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
If the Armstead pursuit doesn't come to fruition, then it looks like Williams, Spain and Tretter. Also Bengals seem like good fit for Everett and DT Loannidis.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 12:50 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I’m phrasing it incorrectly so I’ll try again. If we had the exact same team in Feb 13, 2022 except we substitute Cappa and Karras for two other lineman likely Hopkins and Adeniji, we win. So these two guys are consequential.

If we had Aaron Donald on our team that would have helped also.

Bengals only had $6 million cap soace last year so we could not have had Cappa and Karras playing for us.  And if we are going to play make believe why not go all out?
Reply/Quote
I know we are all impatient for them to keep rolling on the OL. So far they did good but I for one want RT at minimum also solved for. I wonder if they are waiting on some stuff we are not apprised of.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 01:01 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Armstead pursuit doesn't come to fruition, then it looks like Williams, Spain and Tretter.  Also Bengals seem like good fit for Everett and DT Loannidis.

Not sure why alot of folks think we're after Armstead we are not. He's waiting to see what Watson does with the Saints. He's too expensive we can't afford him and we have other holes we need to fill. We are good at LT.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Norwell to Washington. Quickly, it's looking like Spain is our LG.

Or Karras if we take Linderbaum, or Carman, or D'Ante Smith or a Draft pick like Zion Williams, Tyler Smith, Salyer etc.

Did we bring back Spain, I see a lot of no news on here today. Surprised.

Maybe everyone is drinkin' green beers. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 01:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Or Karras if we take Linderbaum, or Carman, or D'Ante Smith or a Draft pick like Zion Williams, Tyler Smith, Salyer etc.

Did we bring back Spain, I see a lot of no news on here today. Surprised.

Maybe everyone is drinkin' green beers. Mellow

Spain is still  unsigned I believe
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 01:53 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Spain is still  unsigned I believe

Thanks Psych, been real quiet since Monday besides some ST's signings. 

Still hoping Daryl Williams and JC Tretter are possibilities for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If we had Aaron Donald on our team that would have helped also.

Bengals only had $6 million cap soace last year so we could not have had Cappa and Karras playing for us.  And if we are going to play make believe why not go all out?

They could have absolutely made that happen. They could have cut Waynes or Hopkins LAST YEAR to free up space. 

Teams "without cap space" are restructuring, making cuts, etc. to free up room. You just need to get creative. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 01:53 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Spain is still  unsigned I believe

He is. Teams aren't prioritizing him BECAUSE THERE ARE BETTER OPTIONS AVAILABLE.
Reply/Quote