Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bengals offense continues to struggle / Reiff hurt
Burrow having trouble getting back to form?
Riley Reiff hurt his hamstring too. This is great... uggh
https://youtu.be/L9saoKRZ6nk
Reply/Quote
1 minute of watching.. Tony Pike is saying the WR aren't getting seperation. Burrow isn't trusting his leg evidently
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Man...really?? it gets old... let them play football before you stick your foot in your mouth....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reiff is fine and offense will come around.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 08:41 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Reiff is fine and offense will come around.

I bet Sewell would have got separation...

new pieces need time to gel...
Reply/Quote
Looks like the offensive line is really struggling.. They need to sign another Tackle. Burrow also threw some picks.. Eli apple and Trey Hendrickson both got 1.. They are both looking great according to Pike too..
Reply/Quote
I'm not ready to hit the panic button ........ yet

If it keeps up Panic
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 08:34 PM)Tony Wrote: Burrow having trouble getting back to form?

I thought Reiff got his bell rung during the interception? Returned to play at the end of practice?
Reply/Quote
Patrick Mahomes threw 3 picks in practice yesterday. Calm. Down.

Reply/Quote
Better for them to struggle now than in games. The most important player on the team is retuning from a major injury and there are many important pieces that are totally new to the team. If they still look lost in a a couple of weeks, I'l be more worried. As for now, I'm not overreacting.
Reply/Quote
Defense typically dominates beginning of camp...but yeah definitely can't afford any oline injuries
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 08:34 PM)Tony Wrote: Burrow having trouble getting back to form?
Reiff hurt concerns me.   I HOPE he isn't like that Tackle we got from Buffalo Bills who was always injured for Bengals.  It is no good to bring in these star Blockers if they never play.  Then Bengals have to use the same sad sacks that get everybody killed.  Because Bengals drafted the WR and not the Blocker, they will be up the creek without a paddle if Reiff and Jonah are a MASH Unit. 

I do not want Burrow playing until the O Line shows they can Block, something Bengals have not done in 5 years is Block.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 08:41 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Reiff is fine and offense will come around.

Rock On Agreed. Just saw he is fine. Our Defense has just been playing very good and we have backups on the OL.

Just need to add a few pieces to the OL and see Burrow start to feel comfortable after a terrible knee injury.

This is all understandable, but the biggest positive is undeniable. The Defense looks WAY better than last year thank God.
Reply/Quote
Give it time, it's Training Camp not the regular season. Reiff will be fine. - he was working out on the sidelines. They took the opportunity to rotate in other players and yes the line got owned by the defense. We also need to remember that offenses typically start out slow in TC in part because the OL needs reps to shake the rust off and get in sync. On the good side the new DL sounds like it is getting better pressure and the new secondary is doing well.
Reply/Quote
Reiff tweaked a hammy? This isn't good news, for a player in his age group..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 09:37 PM)kevin Wrote: I do not want Burrow playing until the O Line shows they can Block, something Bengals have not done in 5 years is Block.

This goes for run blocking as well; on almost every other team Joe Mixon would be a perennial MVP candidate. As for Joe Burrow I agree with you because in his current condition he’s in no shape to take hits nor is he sufficiently mobile to avoid them. Like it or not, last year’s unfortunate injury has turned Joe Burrow into a pure pocket passer and right now the pocket has holes in it.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 09:05 PM)samhain Wrote: Better for them to struggle now than in games.  The most important player on the team is retuning from a major injury and there are many important pieces that are totally new to the team.  If they still look lost in a a couple of weeks, I'l be more worried.  As for now, I'm not overreacting.

Good points here... I just don't like Reiff getting hurt already and the Oline being complete trash right off the bat.. Maybe the defense is just that good? They said Hubbard looked amazing too..
Reply/Quote
I read somewhere, Riley tweaked the hammy running after Apple during an INT. I dig it. Giving it his all.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:29 PM)Tony Wrote: Good points here... I just don't like Reiff getting hurt already and the Oline being complete trash right off the bat.. Maybe the defense is just that good? They said Hubbard looked amazing too..
We will see soon enough when Bengals play Super Bowl Tampa and Washington and Miami in Preseason.  I'm old enough to remember the 1972 Dolphins looked different in preseason with great blocking for a change. The Lombardi Packers could Block in preseason.  Munoz could Block in preseason.  In preseason, either the Bengals can Block or they can't.  If they can't Block in preseason, they won't Block in regular season. It actually is that simple.  Some of you might remember Bengals awful Blocking in 2009 preseason when Saints broke Palmers nose. In regular season Palmer got knocked out for the season, and Fitzgerald had to run for his life as soon as the ball was snapped, so we never got to see that Fitzgerald can throw the ball. Preseason will show if Bengals have Blocking in 2021 or Not.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
That was a rough update.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote