Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals players considering silent protest
Per Tyler Dragon:

'Multiple sources within the organization informed The Enquirer that the Bengals have had internal discussions about staying in the locker room or kneeling during the national anthem before Sunday’s game kicks off at Paul Brown Stadium.

A final verdict hasn’t been made, but the team is contemplating both silent protests in efforts to raise more awareness about police brutality and systemic racism.'

Obviously, this subject can be controversial, and often leads to threads getting closed. I'm just curious to see how much support there will be for the players if they do choose to kneel or stay in the locker room during the anthem. No need to bring your political views into it; just wanting to know how you'll feel/react if they do choose to go the silent protest route.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather them stay in the locker room. Just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
So lame. Sick of this political junk
Reply/Quote
I'm glad that the team is discussing it. I hope they do not insult each other if they have differing views on the matter.

Of course I prefer they pay respect to the flag and for which it stands, but if they don't. Oh well; I'll still be rooting for them to beat SD
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 02:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm glad that the team is discussing it. I hope they do not insult each other if they have differing views on the matter.

Of course I prefer they pay respect to the flag and for which it stands, but if they don't. Oh well; I'll still be rooting for them to beat SD

Seems like a pretty fair approach.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like they've decided on something:

Reply/Quote
I would prefer they not protest at all. They made their statement already and we know how they feel. Sports fans are going to get tired, if not already, of getting hit in the face with this every day. You can't get away from it anywhere. Sports is supposed to be entertaining.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 02:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Sounds like they've decided on something:

I hope the unveil the 'Win one for Equality" campaign. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 02:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Per Tyler Dragon:

'Multiple sources within the organization informed The Enquirer that the Bengals have had internal discussions about staying in the locker room or kneeling during the national anthem before Sunday’s game kicks off at Paul Brown Stadium.

A final verdict hasn’t been made, but the team is contemplating both silent protests in efforts to raise more awareness about police brutality and systemic racism.'

Obviously, this subject can be controversial, and often leads to threads getting closed. I'm just curious to see how much support there will be for the players if they do choose to kneel or stay in the locker room during the anthem. No need to bring your political views into it; just wanting to know how you'll feel/react if they do choose to go the silent protest route.

I will lose all respect for any player who kneels. There are other ways to do something about social justice. I stopped watching the NBA already, a bunch of hypocrites like James who is racist against the China people and those in Hong Kong.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 02:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Sounds like they've decided on something:

Wondering if Mike Brown had anything to say about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 02:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I would prefer they not protest at all. They made their statement already and we know how they feel. Sports fans are going to get tired, if not already, of getting hit in the face with this every day. You can't get away from it anywhere. Sports is supposed to be entertaining.

^^^^

This 100%
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I don't support it at all.

Basketball has lost massive viewership because of it. I don't see the NFL being any different.

The issue is that they are targeting the wrong targets in their protesting. Protesting about problems with police, then protest against the one particular political party that runs the cities where there's been these problems. Leave the decent folk alone.

#walkaway

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 02:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I would prefer they not protest at all. They made their statement already and we know how they feel. Sports fans are going to get tired, if not already, of getting hit in the face with this every day. You can't get away from it anywhere. Sports is supposed to be entertaining.

Just my opinion, but I don't see why both can't exist in the same arena; entertainment for the fans and a platform for the players. I know some will say, 'just shut up and play' but these guys are human beings, who have a huge platform and may feel obligated to use it in whatever way they feel is best...even if not everyone agrees with them.

My personal take on it is that whatever they decide to do, it won't affect the actual game, so it's not going to get in the way of my entertainment at all. Whether they kneel, stay in the locker room or do nothing, I'll still be rooting hard as hell once the game starts.
Reply/Quote
soo somebody deleted my post? that's freedom right there
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 02:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Per Tyler Dragon:

I have full support of them protesting in whatever way they choose, on the field or off.
If you don't like it, turn it off or look away until kickoff.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

You absolutely can.

Play video games. Read a book. Go for a run. Avoid watching/reading the news. Change the channel (or look away) when it happens if you don't want to see/hear.

Plenty of ways to avoid it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If they have to do something, I hope they stay in the locker room. If they come out and kneel, they will piss off just about... no one. Did they forget there won't be any fans there? The NFL will most likely cut away to commercials to save viewership. Lame.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 03:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You absolutely can.

Play video games
. Read a book. Go for a run. Avoid watching/reading the news. Change the channel (or look away) when it happens if you don't want to see/hear.

Plenty of ways to avoid it.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/5/21281327/call-of-duty-black-lives-matter-update-modern-warfare
(One of many games that did something similar.)

And now Madden 21 is adding Kaepernick in as a FA, with an 81 OVR (7 higher than when he last played in 2016) which is better than Cam Newton, Ryan Tannehill, Joe Burrow, Derek Carr, etc.

It is inescapable even in escapist entertainment.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 03:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just my opinion, but I don't see why both can't exist in the same arena; entertainment for the fans and a platform for the players. I know some will say, 'just shut up and play' but these guys are human beings, who have a huge platform and may feel obligated to use it in whatever way they feel is best...even if not everyone agrees with them.

My personal take on it is that whatever they decide to do, it won't affect the actual game, so it's not going to get in the way of my entertainment at all. Whether they kneel, stay in the locker room or do nothing, I'll still be rooting hard as hell once the game starts.

Couldn't have said it better!

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
PLEASE STOP WITH THESE THREADS.. LETS TALK FOOTBALL

Don't we have a political thread somewhere? If not.. how about we create one.. hell if we created a Dalton thread im sure we can do the same for these type of posts
Reply/Quote