Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals re-sign Brandon LaFell

It's also being reported that it's a 2 year deal.
Reply/Quote
Nice! Glad to have him back. Can't wait to see the numbers. Still hoping to see more of Cody Core this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 06:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

I think given a full practice/training camp and a healed hand, he will be even better this year.  
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile Dalton will have no time to throw to him with an OL of Ogbuehi/Boling/Bodine/Westerman/Fisher.

I guess I will wait to see the yr/$ to judge it, but if they are paying him proper #2 money, I don't like it. Even less so with "only $15m" in cap space.

Edit: I hope this doesn't keep the Bengals from looking in the draft or FA for a deep threat.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I selfishly hope they draft Corey Davis so I hope this doesn't preclude them from doing so if he's available at 9. Nonetheless, Lafell certainly had a good year and Zamp seemed to love using him in the red zone. I'm interested to hear the financials of this though.
Reply/Quote
Woo hoo! We're working on not getting too much worse!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Ehh, I'll call this a solid signing until I see who we "can't sign" because of it.
Reply/Quote
Quite funny to see the replies to the tweets of people saying he drops the ball a lot when he had only 1 drop all season...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
So far I've seen it's a 2 year deal per Jim O.

Reply/Quote
We signed a guy on Day 1. Won't sign another until next week.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good signing, Lafell was solid and seemed to gain confidence from Andy as the year wore on.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So, now we're down to what? Ten-ish?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 06:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
They can't sign a deal until after 4 PM Thursday.  I'm for keeping players and I hope Thursday night or Friday this happens. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
So much for WR in the first round this year. And if a WR IS selected in the first, that WR likely won't see as many snaps as we would hope.

Happy to see LaFell back, as I thought he was a solid contributor. But I was hoping to allow him to walk, sign a first-round WR, and then have that WR immediately plugged in as the WR2.

Now the only thing to wait on is how much did it cost the Bengals to retain? I'm hoping it's under $5 million per year, but knowing our luck, it's going to be like $7-8 million per year. Or maybe I'm just being a Pessimistic Patty.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 06:43 PM)kevin Wrote: They can't sign a deal until after 4 PM Thursday.  I'm for keeping players and I hope Thursday night or Friday this happens. 

I thought any player that re-signs with their current/former team can sign a deal now? And that the Thursday 4 PM rule only applied to outside FAs?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Great resigning. He played really well the second half of last season and im sure he didnt break the bank.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Two years over 10 million. Don't know the specifics.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hobson reporting on twitter that he can "earn as much as $10M over two years" although hasn't yet released base compensation numbers.
Reply/Quote
Yay! More of the same dynamic offense from last year, only with a helluva lot less time to throw.

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote