Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals road to 53 man roster complete 2017 - cuts, trade, IRs
(09-02-2017, 03:44 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Maybe. But who has he successfully developed? 

I think this is a bad arguement. It's hard for late round guys to look developed when the draft picks are in their playing at a high level. For large parts of their career.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:39 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Name me one OL coach who consistently churns out players without "polish" from college

The Pats O-line coach is pretty good at working with nobodys.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:06 PM)McC Wrote: Brandon Wilson cut.  Hmm.  Wonder who they try to get to the PS.

WTf! This one kills me. We traded up for this guy, I know it was late but damnit. Hope he makes the PS. Shit this just pissed me off.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: Surprised they went heavy on TE with the UDFA. Also not impressed with DT depth. Thought Williams should have made it with Billings and Glasgow untested.

didn't have a lot of choice at TE.  Schreck has a torn ACL thus heading to IR and Uzomah still out with his badly sprained ankle.  I would suspect that Carter may be a short timer, losing his spot when either Jones or Burfict return

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Pats O-line coach is pretty good at working with nobodys.

I love this one. People mention well PA has had a top 3 line since Andy and AJ came in 2011 except last year. They reply it's quick passing game....uhhh Tom Brady?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Remind me to give you a rep once you're not longer in bad boy status.   :andy:

Bengals Rushing YPA in the Lewis era...
2016: 24th
2015: 23rd
2014: 10th
2013: 27th
2012: 20th
2011: 27th
2010: 32nd
2009: 16th
2008: 29th
2007: 26th
2006: 26th
2005: 9th
2004: 14th
2003: 14th

Breathe in that Paul Alexander genius.

Dante Scarmecchia

It's laughable you are solely blaming the OL coach for the run game issues.

Scarnecchia is a great coach, but could you list the players he's routinely produced without polish out of college? 
Reply/Quote
Did Schrech show anything before the ACL. Hell i didnt even know he was hurt.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:46 PM)Synric Wrote: I love this one. People mention well PA has had a top 3 line since Andy and AJ came in 2011 except last year. They reply it's quick passing game....uhhh Tom Brady?

Scarnecchia is a great coach, probably one of the best ever. But he's also had the most ideal situation in the league. 
The last great player that NE drafted, was Logan Mankins. 

They've done great with FA additions. 
Reply/Quote
The sheer irony of all this, is Ive openly said they should move on from PA at some point.
I just think the blame he gets is wholly unfair.
Reply/Quote
So.....Did we cut everyone drafted after the 4th round?
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:44 PM)TKUHL Wrote: WTf! This one kills me. We traded up for this guy, I know it was late but damnit. Hope he makes the PS. Shit this just pissed me off.

To the PS TKUHL. Must of been that bad fapping accident. Ninja

(09-02-2017, 04:46 PM)Synric Wrote: I love this one. People mention well PA has had a top 3 line since Andy and AJ came in 2011 except last year. They reply it's quick passing game....uhhh Tom Brady?

Love this, comparing Dalton to Brady who has all the time in the world to throw the ball...

Just like Rodgers last year who had all the time in the world.

Dalton has never had this and has a quicker release than both these guys.

Plus Zeitler never became a great run blocker under PA and he was a decent run blocker at Wisconsin.

See, i give PA some credit for Hopkins and you guys make me hate on the guy again lmao
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Scarnecchia is a great coach, probably one of the best ever. But he's also had the most ideal situation in the league. 

I'm just saying it's a deflection of credit where credit is due. When the team gives PA a draft pick high they always work out ALWAYS Ced would be the first player in his tenure here to not succeed if he doesnt.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:50 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So.....Did we cut everyone drafted after the 4th round?

Jordan Evans 6th round

Mason Schreck 7th round (IR) 

But yes, we cut 3/5 picks from the 5th round and back 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Scarnecchia is a great coach, probably one of the best ever. But he's also had the most ideal situation in the league. 

Thats his name. Tough one.
Reply/Quote
I didn't expect the Elliot cut and it's gonna come back and bite us in the ass somewhere along the way.. Probably the very next playoff game when he kicks the winning fg for the other team from 93 yards..lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To the PS TKUHL. Must of been that bad fapping accident. Ninja

Love this, comparing Dalton to Brady who has all the time in the world to throw the ball...

Just like Rodgers last year who had all the time in the world.

Dalton has never had this and has a quicker release than both these guys.

Plus Zeitler never became a great run blocker under PA and he was a decent run blocker at Wisconsin.

See, i give PA some credit for Hopkins and you guys make me hate on the guy again lmao

Wasn't arguing with you. You're right Pats do have a good Oline coach. It's just a very common argument slides that way everytime lol. It's a big circle no one wins.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:52 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm just saying it's a deflection of credit where credit is due. When the team gives PA a draft pick high they always work out ALWAYS Ced would be the first player in his tenure here to not succeed if he doesnt.

I actually agree with you. 
OL is the worst coached position from HS to NFL right now. 
It's showing, OL play is down across the league. 

Teams that get it are feasting. Teams that, don't are floundering 
Reply/Quote
In my opinion a chef can only do so much with the quality of ingredients available. But if that chef has the ability to pick average to below average ingredients instead of better quality ones, then that is an issue in itself.

I say that in regards to the Paul A argument. And I am also looking at whether to buy some NY strips or ribeyes to grill this weekend.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: In my opinion a chef can only do so much with the quality of ingredients available. But if that chef has the ability to pick average to below average ingredients instead of better quality ones, then that is an issue in itself.

I say that in regards to the Paul A argument. And I am also looking at whether to buy some NY strips or ribeyes to grill this weekend.

It's also silly to ask your chef to make the menu, do the shopping, do the prep work, then make 5 dishes at once all week.

Bengals have a notoriously small scouting department. It's fair to assume that it plays a bigger role than actual coaching abilities across the  board. 
Reply/Quote
I like getting the roster updates here, if I start another Piano Man thread would it be possible you guys could carry it on there?
Reply/Quote