Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals road to 53 man roster complete 2017 - cuts, trade, IRs
(09-02-2017, 04:58 PM)phil413 Wrote: I like getting the roster updates here, if I start another Piano Man thread would it be possible you guys could carry it on there?

I say we just say it's over, no one is changing anyone's mind today. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:58 PM)phil413 Wrote: I like getting the roster updates here, if I start another Piano Man thread would it be possible you guys could carry it on there?

LOL Oh its been fun. What do you guys want to argue about now? That damn Guenther.......
Reply/Quote
I can also see Dunlap getting his shots inside rushing the passer in the nickle defense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Oh Jeeez..just what we need..another piano man thread..
Are you sure you don't want another Mike Brown is a cheapskate thread? One can never have enough MB cheapskate threads.. Heck, without the MB cheapskate threads we might as well call this the Board Formerly known as the Mike Brown is a cheapskate Forum.. Wink 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
So how long do we have to wait to see who makes it on the practice squad? 24hrs?
Reply/Quote
Thought this was a release/cut thread it is a PA sucks thread....
Reply/Quote
Alex Boone refused to take a paycut in Minnesotta and got waived.

We have $18.6 million cap space and he's 30. He'd likely be our 2nd best lineman.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 04:50 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So.....Did we cut everyone drafted after the 4th round?

Well when you have 4 picks in the 4th round a lot of your late RD picks are not going to make the team; if your team has talent.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 05:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Alex Boone refused to take a paycut in Minnesotta and got waived.

We have $18.6 million cap space and he's 30. He'd likely be our 2nd best lineman.

Oh Silly, don't you know we need that money for injuries, and to keep our own. Jeze
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well when you have 4 picks in the 4th round a lot of your late RD picks are not going to make the team; if your team has talent.

How much talent can a 6-10 team have. Just sayin
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well when you have 4 picks in the 4th round a lot of your late RD picks are not going to make the team; if your team has talent.

Yep. That's the thing with having that many draft picks.

I'd almost rather they combine 2-3 picks and trade for another 2nd Round pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 05:54 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How much talent can a 6-10 team have. Just sayin

Plenty; however, we weren't 6-10. Just sayin 

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Plenty; however, we weren't 6-10. Just sayin 

Sorry 6-9-1 that tie makes all the difference.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 05:58 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Sorry 6-9-1 that tie makes all the difference.

That tie was maybe the cruelest loss. I hate not beating the Foreskins. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I was surprised to see Topou cut. I figured he could be good as rotation with Billings.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 06:33 PM)Shady Wrote: That tie was maybe the cruelest loss. I hate not beating the Foreskins. 

I used to like the Foreskins when I was a kid. Just because my brother liked Dallas.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 05:04 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So how long do we have to wait to see who makes it on the practice squad? 24hrs?

Yes, waivers will go until Sunday. Then players can be added to the Practice Squad. Also at that time, I believe after 24 hours Driskel can be moved to the IR - Return list so that will free up one more spot on the 53. 

Curious to see who they bring in to take his spot, or if it goes unfilled since Pacman is only out for 1 game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 06:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yes, waivers will go until Sunday. Then players can be added to the Practice Squad. Also at that time, I believe after 24 hours Driskel can be moved to the IR - Return list so that will free up one more spot on the 53. 

Curious to see who they bring in to take his spot, or if it goes unfilled since Pacman is only out for 1 game.

Cool thanks. Maybe we will find a OL in the scrap heap. Maybe Boone. What about the TE out of Louisville Cole H something. Can't remember the posters bame was on here that was pounding the table for this guy. But your probably right with the Pac Man situation.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 06:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Curious to see who they bring in to take his spot, or if it goes unfilled since Pacman is only out for 1 game.

Lots to choose from. Personally I'd like to see what Will Sutton could do for us. Perhaps Burfict could motivate his former teammate. 

Reply/Quote
Glad to see Nickerson made it. Consistenly looked like the worst defender on the team. But ol Marv coached his dad. Really all that matters. Smart move.

At least we got another 7th round pick for next year for Flowers. Instead of having a good LB we have a shitty one and a throw away draft pick we can cut like most of our late rounders this year. Bravo
Reply/Quote