Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate
(10-18-2018, 06:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Malone seemed to be a better option for playing time than Core, but he has almost disappeared.  He played 29 snaps on offense against Caroline, but only a combined 26 in the other 5 games.

Erickson has gotten more snaps recently.

Honestly after that Core crap show I'd give him even more over Malone & Core anyways.

I know he's not a "field stretcher"...  but still underutilized.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Kind of shocked by this decision, with Eifert out for the season, Ross who seems to get injured easily and Core not really making a contribution I thought Tate would have got a chance
Reply/Quote
Seems like our special teams has sucked this year.

Isnt Core supposed to he a gunner? I cant find him in the tackle column. And after looking dude had almost as many drops last game 2 as he has had tackles 5 in 25 career games.

Wooooooow this guy is a special teams ace. Cant imagine why our special teams would be under performing with this guy pulling so much weight
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Core has played almost 100 snaps this year. Tate has zero.

Do they have the same number of catches? What about drops? What about yards or tds?

Asking for a friend.
Reply/Quote
It is kind of surprising. I thought for sure he'd take a couple of snaps next week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully we can get him onto the PS since he hasn’t really shown the league anything since the first preseason game.
Reply/Quote
I remember when this team had a Tate who did something that everyone wanted to be cut. Now a guy named Tate who doesn't do anything is the guy no one wants to see cut. Wacky.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 04:50 PM)McC Wrote: I guess we need him active.  Do they try to get Tate onto the PS?

Hope so, like both these guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 08:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I remember when this team had a Tate who did something that everyone wanted to be cut.  Now a guy named Tate who doesn't do anything is the guy no one wants to see cut.  Wacky.

Different Tate and clearly different talents in every way.

Wacky to only look at their last name man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I get folks are mad that Tate never made AJ our #2 WR, but I'm pretty sure he'll sneak onto the PS.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Core has played almost 100 snaps this year.  Tate has zero.

100 snaps and no production at all. I'll take chances on Tate.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 06:31 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Core plays special teams, Tate doesn't.

However I would have waived Core, and give Tate a chance in real games. I was never high on Tate as others were, one of the few actually early on that wasn't. But I always would rather see someone like Tate given a chance verses someone like Core that has been given chances and shown he just isnt good.

The offense without Eifert could use a possible target like Tate, especially in the red-zone. Or at the least given the chance to be a possible threat at times.

Also not to mention that Ross is pretty injury prone so far early into his career. Due to that and Eifert already gone, I'd rather see what Tate can do than what Core has shown. Core might be alright on special teams but it isnt like he can be replaced with Russell or someone else.

Agreed,

Core has 17 receptions in 25 games played. All of then were in 2016. He's had several chances to break out and has done pretty much nothing.

Tate may do nothing himself ? But I'd be willing to take a chance over what Core brings to the table. 
Reply/Quote
Probably end up in Arizona on their amazing offense... 22% on 3rd down.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 08:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I remember when this team had a Tate who did something that everyone wanted to be cut.  Now a guy named Tate who doesn't do anything is the guy no one wants to see cut.  Wacky.

And both have/had #19 I think.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I've never seen so much outrage over a 4.7 running WR. ??
Reply/Quote
It's not outrage. It's more being perturbed at the Bengals rewarding poor play in this case by not cutting Core and instead cutting Tate without giving him a shot. Speed is meaningless if you can't catch the ball and by the same standard if you can catch it and even better have a big wingspan that is more important than raw speed.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 10:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: It's not outrage. It's more being perturbed at the Bengals rewarding poor play in this case by not cutting Core and instead cutting Tate without giving him a shot. Speed is meaningless if you can't catch the ball and by the same standard if you can catch it and even better have a big wingspan that is more important than raw speed.

There is a BIG difference between catching balls in training camp and preseason games against players who aren't going to make a roster and catching them in regular season games against NFL starters. HUGE difference. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 10:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: It's not outrage. It's more being perturbed at the Bengals rewarding poor play in this case by not cutting Core and instead cutting Tate without giving him a shot. Speed is meaningless if you can't catch the ball and by the same standard if you can catch it and even better have a big wingspan that is more important than raw speed.

They have given Tate a shot. He's been on the 53 for 6 weeks and has never impressed the coaches enough to make the gameday roster. 

Folks are hilarious, for all anyone in this forum knows Tate is lazy, cannot grasp the playbook, cannot run proper routes. But they are mad because they fell in love with him after week 1 of PS. 

Anybody wanna sig bet that Tate goes through waivers unclaimed and will go to our PS if we want him? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They have given Tate a shot. He's been on the 53 for 6 weeks and has never impressed the coaches enough to make the gameday roster. 

Folks are hilarious, for all anyone in this forum knows Tate is lazy, cannot grasp the playbook, cannot run proper routes. But they are mad because they fell in love with him after week 1 of PS. 

Anybody wanna sig bet that Tate goes through waivers unclaimed and will go to our PS if we want him? 

I’m with you. I’m all for discussion and trying to look at things from a different angle, but this one is pretty simple. He’s been on the roster from day one and has done nothing to even be activated, let alone given a role in the offense.

The guy (right now) is simply not very good. There is no other way around it. The reason he is not playing over Core is because Core is better than him.
Reply/Quote
The problem is that Cody Core has been 3 years to parlay that 6'4 215 frame into a contributor on offense and the best he can do is drop passes on his home field WIDE OPEN.
hate to break it to.some of you but Marvin does not make perfect roster moves
along with Tobin.
we can make a list and right now cutting Tate might be one of them.
Tate was a project coming out of FSU.
we all saw that. but preseason he flashed some natural ability.
yep Tate is a possesion WR.
Cody Core is not even a possession WR. cause you have to actually catch the ball to possesss it.
Core is a special teams body who might get a tackle over a 3 game span.
but if Core has as many drops as tackles he doesnt deserve a roster spot.
whats troublesome is Marvins stubborness to even attempt to upgrade over
dead weight like Core for example.
theres 10 better WRs on the free agent market who can replace Core.
heck the Colts just signed Dontrelle Inman who
is 100x better than Core.
if Core was a Patriot and dropped a,pass Bellicheck would cut him.
Marvins problem is that players can fail to execute and not worry about being released.
yet buries guys like Whitfield and Tate.
and then keeps constant screw ups like Richmond starting.
Reply/Quote