Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate
Am in the where is Josh Malone crowd personally.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 12:58 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Am in the where is Josh Malone crowd personally.

Yeah, the only play I even remember him being involved in was one of the picks against Carolina. Think it went off Malone’s chest.

With Ross out you’d think he would have got some targets.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They have given Tate a shot. He's been on the 53 for 6 weeks and has never impressed the coaches enough to make the gameday roster. 

Folks are hilarious, for all anyone in this forum knows Tate is lazy, cannot grasp the playbook, cannot run proper routes. But they are mad because they fell in love with him after week 1 of PS. 

Anybody wanna sig bet that Tate goes through waivers unclaimed and will go to our PS if we want him? 

With the track record of our coaches why should they be trusted to know who should play?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 01:16 AM)Joelist Wrote: With the track record of our coaches why should they be trusted to know who should play?

Who else not playing should be right now?

Reply/Quote
Tate is the new Dez Briscoe
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 12:29 AM)impactplaya Wrote: The problem is that Cody Core has been 3 years to parlay that 6'4 215 frame into a contributor on offense and the best he can do is drop passes on his home field WIDE OPEN.
hate to break it to.some of you but Marvin does not make perfect roster moves
along with Tobin.
we can make a list and right now cutting Tate might be one of them.
Tate was a project coming out of FSU.
we all saw that. but preseason he flashed some natural ability.
yep Tate is a possesion WR.
Cody Core is not even a possession WR. cause you have to actually catch the ball to possesss it.
Core is a special teams body who might get a tackle over a 3 game span.
but if Core has as many drops as tackles he doesnt deserve a roster spot.
whats troublesome is Marvins stubborness to even attempt to upgrade over
dead weight like Core for example.
theres 10 better WRs on the free agent market who can replace Core.
heck the Colts just signed Dontrelle Inman who
is 100x better than Core.
if Core was a Patriot and dropped a,pass Bellicheck would cut him.
Marvins problem is that players can fail to execute and not worry about being released.
yet buries guys like Whitfield and Tate.
and then keeps constant screw ups like Richmond starting.
100% agree man. Ive been surprised by some of the offseason moves they have made, but during the season is still the same. You mean you cant find a different special teamer in any position and just cut loose of cody core? We have roster spots just being wasted. 4 of them i can think of. Core,malone,cedric obugi,and hardy nickerson. The offense took a step back when eifert and ross went out and there has been no adjustments to try something else except playing erickson and core. Ross will be back but how reliable is he, when eifert went out they should of thought ok we got another 6'5 guy with a big catch radius with great hands lets get him involved in there. Nope it leads to this. Heck they wont even send malone deep ,even green isnt being sent deep anymore since hes getting older and neither is boyd. Seems like ross is the only deep guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 01:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who else not playing should be right now?

Malik jefferson,westerman,and possibly a linebacker off the ps like brandon bell.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 03:45 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Malik jefferson,westerman,and possibly a linebacker off the ps like brandon bell.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Westerman over Redmond, but Jefferson must really suck if he can’t beat out the likes of Hardy Nickerson Jr.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 05:02 PM)snowy Wrote: What a dumb thing to do. Wyche and Au165 are right: they should have waived Cody Core. I think some team will sign Tate during waivers. Wishing Tate well, wherever he winds up.

Ninja with the steelers?!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 06:09 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Tate doesn't play special teams Core does. How do people not get this yet?
Anyways Tate should be a TE and not a WR. This is why there should be and NFL equilivent of a G league. So teams are allowed to develop players.

We get it.....the ST stats for Core have been posted.....they're not overwhelming to say the least.  I'm just looking at upside, Cody Core couldn't catch a cold butt naked in Antarctica, rubbing snot rags from the free clinic trash can during flu season in his face.  Treadwell was better than him, and he can't catch water out of a downspout. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 06:31 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Core plays special teams, Tate doesn't.

However I would have waived Core, and give Tate a chance in real games. I was never high on Tate as others were, one of the few actually early on that wasn't. But I always would rather see someone like Tate given a chance verses someone like Core that has been given chances and shown he just isnt good.

The offense without Eifert could use a possible target like Tate, especially in the red-zone. Or at the least given the chance to be a possible threat at times.

Also not to mention that Ross is pretty injury prone so far early into his career. Due to that and Eifert already gone, I'd rather see what Tate can do than what Core has shown. Core might be alright on special teams but it isnt like he can be replaced with Russell or someone else.

Exactly. This. Right. Here.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 07:52 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Erickson has gotten more snaps recently.

Honestly after that Core crap show I'd give him even more over Malone & Core anyways.

I know he's not a "field stretcher"...  but still underutilized.

I agree with this.  I'd MUCH rather see Erickson out there than the All Pro Butterfingers STer....Erickson is sure handed and does get open.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 12:14 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m with you. I’m all for discussion and trying to look at things from a different angle, but this one is pretty simple. He’s been on the roster from day one and has done nothing to even be activated, let alone given a role in the offense.

The guy (right now) is simply not very good. There is no other way around it. The reason he is not playing over Core is because Core is better than him.

Good point, and it may very well be true.....but we've also seen instances on just about any team in the league where a guy gets mired on the depth chart and never gets any opportunities for whatever reason, then goes on to produce elsewhere.  Take Taylor Gabriel in Chicago, for example.  

You just never know until you give someone a shot.  Shit, look at Alex Erickson right here on our team.  My post isn't so much of an endorsement for Tate as it is an indictment of lackluster play from Core.  If Malone and Tate can't outperform that "production", cut them BOTH and look for talent elsewhere, cause they must be pitiful.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 09:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: Good point, and it may very well be true.....but we've also seen instances on just about any team in the league where a guy gets mired on the depth chart and never gets any opportunities for whatever reason, then goes on to produce elsewhere.  Take Taylor Gabriel in Chicago, for example.  

You just never know until you give someone a shot.  Shit, look at Alex Erickson right here on our team.  My post isn't so much of an endorsement for Tate as it is an indictment of lackluster play from Core.  If Malone and Tate can't outperform that "production", cut them BOTH and look for talent elsewhere, cause they must be pitiful.

^This^

Core and Malone have both been underwhelming, especially Core. How many underwhelming games do you need to see before you give someone else a shot ?

So Tate can't run faster than a speeding bullet. Does that matter when you're first and goal at the nine ? or 3rd down and six ?

I'm not saying Tate is about to set the league on fire but we really don't know do we ? What do we know about Core and Malone ???
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 03:45 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Malik jefferson,westerman,and possibly a linebacker off the ps like brandon bell.

Jefferson was drafted as a project. They knew all along he would need work getting ready for the pro game.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 09:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree with this.  I'd MUCH rather see Erickson out there than the All Pro Butterfingers STer....Erickson is sure handed and does get open.

Yep, Erickson is a footballer....
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 04:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: I would have waived Cody Core. Mellow

Should have been waived pre-season. Yes,he is an average ST player, but he is replaceable. Not advocating that Tate is the next coming of Brandon Marshall, but I prefer his upside over a player that has done absolutely nothing, while going into his third season  at the Pro level.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 09:50 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: ^This^

Core and Malone have both been underwhelming, especially Core. How many underwhelming games do you need to see before you give someone else a shot ?

So Tate can't run faster than a speeding bullet. Does that matter when you're first and goal at the nine ? or 3rd down and six ?

I'm not saying Tate is about to set the league on fire but we really don't know do we ? What do we know about Core and Malone ???

Maybe Tate IS horrible.....if that's the case, maybe we should look elsewhere around the league.  Core is just very underwhelming.....I don't know what's up with Malone.  He has been serviceable in the past.  I just feel SOMEONE deserves a look over Core.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 11:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe Tate IS horrible.....if that's the case, maybe we should look elsewhere around the league.  Core is just very underwhelming.....I don't know what's up with Malone.  He has been serviceable in the past.  I just feel SOMEONE deserves a look over Core.

Oh I'd cut Core over Malone without hesitation. We've got a smaller sample size on Malone. I had a lot of hope for Malone thought he might develop into a good solid 4 or 5 ? And he still might ?

But Core has bust labeled all over him and like everyone and their brother is saying Core isn't this ST's demon he's being labeled as, by some.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 07:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tate can't help on offense.  He is not good enough.

Tate will be just like all the other late round picks that were fan favorites.  He won't do jack for any other team in the league when he leaves the Bengals.

I am going to delete this post.  I always brag about how I don't write off a guy his rookie season, so that is what I should say about Tate.  It is still possible that he develops into a solid NFL WR.
Reply/Quote