Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate
(10-19-2018, 09:50 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: ^This^

Core and Malone have both been underwhelming, especially Core. How many underwhelming games do you need to see before you give someone else a shot ?

So Tate can't run faster than a speeding bullet. Does that matter when you're first and goal at the nine ? or 3rd down and six ?

I'm not saying Tate is about to set the league on fire but we really don't know do we ? What do we know about Core and Malone ???

You do realize that our coaches see these guys perform in practice every day don't you.

If "unknown" is all it takes to deserve a shot then I am going to start asking for the Bengals to sign me.  I could be great.  You don't know until you give me  chance, right?

BTW got a list of the guys Bengal coaches did not play who went on to become good players elsewhere?  Must be really long as stupid as our coaches are, right?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 09:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: We get it.....the ST stats for Core have been posted.....they're not overwhelming to say the least.  I'm just looking at upside, Cody Core couldn't catch a cold butt naked in Antarctica, rubbing snot rags from the free clinic trash can during flu season in his face.  Treadwell was better than him, and he can't catch water out of a downspout. Mellow

Wait, is he trying to catch a cold or catch the flu?  I'm confused.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You do realize that our coaches see these guys perform in practice every day don't you.

If "unknown" is all it takes to deserve a shot then I am going to start asking for the Bengals to sign me.  I could be great.  You don't know until you give me  chance, right?

BTW got a list of the guys Bengal coaches did not play who went on to become good players elsewhere?  Must be really long as stupid as our coaches are, right?

That explains Christian Hackenberg on the PS

And not being able to win a damn playoff game

And not being able to beat Pittsburgh doing the same thing over and over again

I do have a list of things these great coaches do well..see
Reply/Quote
I will say that I was skeptical our "not giving the young guys a chance to show what they have" gripes were going to dissipate as soon as Lafell was cut. There is always someone standing in the way of a guy who could be better. Personally, I'm glad Tate is gone because he was going to get in the way of the late round WR we are going to have next year.

So the positive to Tate being cut now is that there will be one less ho-hum WR standing in the way of the next late-round WR we inexplicably fall in love with. The WR we draft in 2019 has potential, I'm telling you!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 11:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That explains Christian Hackenberg on the PS

And not being able to win a damn playoff game

And not being able to beat Pittsburgh doing the same thing over and over again

I do have a list of things these great coaches do well..see

Brilliant logic.  Confirms exactly what I was saying.  I deserve a shot at playing WR for the Bengals.  The fact that they can not win a playoff games proves that everyone deserves a shot to start for them.

It also proves that we should never punt again.  I mean we have not won a playoff game punting on fourth down so it would be stupid to not try something different.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.  So if we don't stop punting we are insane, right?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Brilliant logic.  Confirms exactly what I was saying.  I deserve a shot at playing WR for the Bengals.  The fact that they can not win a playoff games proves that everyone deserves a shot to start for them.

It also proves that we should never punt again.  I mean we have not won a playoff game punting on fourth down so it would be stupid to not try something different.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.  So if we don't stop punting we are insane, right?

Actually, the definition of insanity is..."the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness"   

or--

"extreme foolishness or irrationality."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 11:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am going to delete this post.  I always brag about how I don't write off a guy his rookie season, so that is what I should say about Tate.  It is still possible that he develops into a solid NFL WR.

Ya just never know fred.....could be a flop, could be a solid contributor.  A player has to have an opportunity before you can judge.  Look at guys like James Harrison.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can't judge a player on one drop from a game like that.  Look at all the drops by the other receivers and DBs.

The Browns have more wins in the '17 and '18 seasons than Core has catches.  Last Sunday was not a one off.  Whenever his number is called, he can't get it done.  He hasn't caught a pass since '16.  

I'm not in hysterics about it because Tate got over hyped imo, but Core is awful.  Unless you kick or snap, it's hard to justify keeping a guy who is a total liability as a position player on the roster for ST's.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 12:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Browns have more wins in the '17 and '18 seasons than Core has catches.  Last Sunday was not a one off.  Whenever his number is called, he can't get it done.  He hasn't caught a pass since '16.  

I'm not in hysterics about it because Tate got over hyped imo, but Core is awful.  Unless you kick or snap, it's hard to justify keeping a guy who is a total liability as a position player on the roster for ST's.

Yep
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Brilliant logic.  Confirms exactly what I was saying.  I deserve a shot at playing WR for the Bengals.  The fact that they can not win a playoff games proves that everyone deserves a shot to start for them.

It's also "brilliant logic" that the Bengals coaches are above reproach on all their decisions including roster ones.

I mean they have such an unblemished record of NFL success, right ?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 12:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's also "brilliant logic" that the Bengals coaches are above reproach on all their decisions including roster ones.

While I am very critical of the FO and coaching staff, I trust them on talent. The Bengals have consistently had one of the most talented rosters in the NFL, top-to-bottom, for quite a while now. This has all been done with a large majority of draft picks and player development.

I can think of very few players that have left Cincinnati with zero playing time who have gone on to be stars. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 12:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's also "brilliant logic" that the Bengals coaches are above reproach on all their decisions including roster ones.

Then show me the list that prove your point.  Where are all of these guys that we never give a chance that go on to play well for other teams.

The point I was making is that you can't use "no playoff wins" to prove that every move the Bengals make is bad.  If you want to argue that they can't evaluate talent then show me the list of players to prove it.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They are currently 4-2 and in first place in their division.

I think they’re really a half game behind the Steelers. They have to play them again and it’s an automatic loss on the schedule!
Reply/Quote
Weren't we convinced Core was a gem of a late-round steal at one point?
Reply/Quote
They waived Tate but Cody Core still has a job.

SMH.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 02:13 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I think they’re really a half game behind the Steelers. They have to play them again and it’s an automatic loss on the schedule!

So you have only been a Bengal fan since 2016?

That explains a lot of your comments.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you have only been a Bengal fan since 2016?

That explains a lot of your comments.

Ok, it’s not an automatic loss. Marvin’s team has a what... 10-20% chance of beating the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 02:42 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Ok, it’s not an automatic loss. Marvin’s team has a what... 10-20% chance of beating the Steelers.

Under Marvin they actually have more success against the Steelers at Heinz Field than they do at home.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 02:42 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Ok, it’s not an automatic loss. Marvin’s team has a what... 10-20% chance of beating the Steelers.

There is a reason the Steelers are not in first place despite beating the Bengals.  No matter how you try to spin it we are in first place ahead of the Steelers.  Doesn't matter if we lose to them again as long as we have a better overall record.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 02:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is a reason the Steelers are not in first place despite beating the Bengals.  No matter how you try to spin it we are in first place ahead of the Steelers.  Doesn't matter if we lose to them again as long as we have a better overall record.

Very true, let’s hope it can stay that way. I’m not one of the constant badgers, it just gets frustrating with the Steelers.
Reply/Quote