Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign Trae Waynes
(03-17-2020, 06:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Waynes was about the same as DK in coverage. Better in run defense though.

Dre was a terrible tackler, upgrade.

How are Waynes hands is my question?
Reply/Quote
Wow, Waynes got paid..
Reply/Quote
Has Mike Brown signed off yet?? This is another solid move.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:33 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: 3 years 42 mil.  20 mil first year.  That’s rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woah. That's like 50m in FA signings between Green, Reader, and Waynes. I expect to see Dre Kirkpatrick being cut shortly.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dre was a terrible tackler, upgrade.

How are Waynes hands is my question?

7 INTs and 38 PDs over the past four years.
DK, by comparison: 4 INTs, 37 PDs over same span.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Our griping became so loud it made Burrow angry AF and he made Mike sign these guys
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:41 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Our griping became so loud it made Burrow angry AF and he made Mike sign these guys

Hey, whatever it takes.  Maybe he won't have to score 40 a game after all.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Interesting. I wonder why there's such a wide distance on his rating?

https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2020CB.php
(14th among CB alone)

https://www.pff.com/nfl/free-agency
(46th overall)

- - - - - - - - -

EDIT:

Dennard to the Jags, so replacing Dennard with Waynes seems like a zero sum move, not a move to make the Bengals actually better.

Dennard was rated as the 97th best free agent by PFF on that same list.

Waynes was right up there with Schobert, who everyone was wringing their hands about losing.

We also replaced the 92nd best free agent (Billings) with the 33rd. Again, according to PFF's list.

We got better today.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dre is as good as gone,and I love this move.
Reply/Quote
I actually wonder if we aren’t done yet. I feel like Phillips is more of an outside corner so you’d think a slot option was still a possibility. Logan Ryan maybe?
Reply/Quote
Prior to these signings, the richest outside free agent contract in Bengals history was 29.5m. The biggest yearly average was 7m. 

This free agency is definitely something different.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 7 INTs and 38 PDs over the past four years.
DK, by comparison: 4 INTs, 37 PDs over same span.

More upgrade. Thanks Ocho. Dre also got 2 ints on Peyton in one game and with Phillips now playing more and Bates I look
to see more turnovers for our Defense with Waynes coming in and Dre and Dennard hitting the road.

(03-17-2020, 06:41 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Our griping became so loud it made Burrow angry AF and he made Mike sign these guys

Hilarious 

(03-17-2020, 06:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dennard was rated as the 97th best free agent by PFF on that same list.

Waynes was right up there with Schobert, who everyone was wringing their hands about losing.

We also replaced the 92nd best free agent (Billings) with the 33rd. Again, according to PFF's list.

We got better today.

I like it. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Prior to these signings, the richest outside free agent contract in Bengals history was 29.5m. The biggest per year averages were 7m. 

This free agency is definitely something different.  Mellow

These were big boy signings. Reader in particular is a signing the Bengals just don't make.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This spells end for DKP but it’s not a huge upgrade bc he’s the same in coverage gets beat a lot on double moves maybe he’s a better tackler but that’s about it. It’s front loaded so i don’t mind the deal but don’t expect a pro bowl cb here
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Gotta give it to them. They are bringing in upgrades. Think we overpaid waynes a bit but I dont care. Just bringing in guys from outside the organazion that are actual upgrades is pretty nice.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dennard was rated as the 97th best free agent by PFF on that same list.

We got better today.

The Waynes/Dennard ranking different I imagine is largely based off of their age difference rather than where they actually were play-wise.

I also question if the Bengals will get the same out of Waynes as the Vikings (and Mike Zimmer) got out of him. Do you honestly want to bet that Lou Anarumo is going to get more out of a player than Mike Zimmer could? That concerns me a lot.

EDIT: PFF has Dennard at a 72.2 grade for 2019, and Waynes at a 65.1 grade for 2019. I just don't understand how $11m/yr was too much money for a LB for the Bengals, but they can give a mediocre starting CB $20m in year 1.

- - - - - - - - -- 

Just seems like a marginal improvement in positions that weren't in dire need for improvements, for a whole lot of money that could have been better spent yesterday on OL and LB.

Neither of those guys are going to protect Joe Burrow, and neither of those guys are going to stop Ravens TEs and Lamar Jackson's scrambling.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually wonder if we aren’t done yet. I feel like Phillips is more of an outside corner so you’d think a slot option was still a possibility. Logan Ryan maybe?

Phillips will be the Nickel that's why they drafted him!!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:51 PM)J24 Wrote: Phillips will be the Nickel that's why they drafted him!!

Maybe they thought that but he played really well on the outside last year. I don’t think Wayne’s has inside out versatility but WJ3 may. Could give you some options for mirroring when they take guys and move their #1 inside.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually wonder if we aren’t done yet. I feel like Phillips is more of an outside corner so you’d think a slot option was still a possibility. Logan Ryan maybe?

I don't think the Steelers are gonna use a Tender on their short nickle Corner Mike Hilton. He damn good and might be a cheaper option.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote