Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign Trae Waynes
(03-17-2020, 06:35 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: A Viking fan's POV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DferSyVXqI4

Same guy thinks we overpaid for Waynes.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 08:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DferSyVXqI4

Which is the only way the Bengals are getting decent players. So it is what it is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Overpaying to get players that wouldn't otherwise sign with the Bengals is okay.

Be happy fans we are signing guys.
Reply/Quote
Very solid signing. Probably could've found a better bargain, but like we've all said, the players have to want to player here also. We needed a CB and we got a solid former 1st rounder that can help sure up the run game and 3rd down a little better than what we've had. Would've loved to have paid a touch less, but we are the Bengals, and so far this FA it seems like big money is going around. We got ourselves in the mix with a solid, starting caliber CB who still has potential to live up to his high draft status.

He also has better hands than Dre, and with Phillips looking to get more time, this might prove to be a big difference. A few more turnovers on the year could be huge
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 08:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DferSyVXqI4

I watched the video and he seemed to think the suggested 8.4 was too much too. Which was surprising how highly he spoke of him.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: https://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-signing-cb-trae-waynes/

Waynes was 19th on nfltraderumors top 100 free agents, and was rated by them as the 3rd best free agent CB.

Took me a while to get back to my phone.....I have fell over and fainted.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice!!! Joe

Joe approved!

Hell Nate, I got some crow to eat on this one!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dennard was rated as the 97th best free agent by PFF on that same list.

Waynes was right up there with Schobert, who everyone was wringing their hands about losing.

We also replaced the 92nd best free agent (Billings) with the 33rd. Again, according to PFF's list.

We got better today.

Didn't even know Reader, to be honest, but after reading this, tagging Green, and getting Wayne's.....I might just have to shit my pants!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 09:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Hell Nate, I got some crow to eat on this one!

Me too. Big time.

DJ Reader and Trae Waynes are solid players; borderline good, even. Lou Anarumo must have won some debates in the offseason because the Bengals need defensive stars.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 08:01 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I get that people are happy we signed someone, but Schobert or a similar middle linebacker would be better in my book. Waynes is a better tackler than Dre, but in reality a slight upgrade in my book.

If we used this money on Schobert, kept Dre for one more year and drafted another corner I think we’d be better off overall. But hey, if they trade Dalton for the Patriots linebacker then my mind would change quick.

I just think if you’re gunna spend the money, spend it where we need it. Regardless, I’m anxious to see what Waynes does for us this year.

I would rather have had Schobert too, but they got outbid on that. This might have been a contingency plan. I think they had Reader on their radar all along.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 09:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Me too. Big time.

DJ Reader and Trae Waynes are solid players; borderline good, even. Lou Anarumo must have won some debates in the offseason because the Bengals need defensive stars.

DJ Reader is far better than “borderline good.”

He graded out at 86.7 by pff last season. That’s Pro Bowler according to their scale.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 09:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: DJ Reader is far better than “borderline good.”

He graded out at 86.7 by pff last season. That’s Pro Bowler according to their scale.

Wow....with those kind of numbers, hard to believe I had no clue who he was.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 09:45 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Didn't even know Reader, to be honest, but after reading this, tagging Green, and getting Wayne's.....I might just have to shit my pants!

I've never heard of Reader either... I'd never heard of Preston Brown either. Hopefully this works out better.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 09:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Didn't even know Reader, to be honest, but after reading this, tagging Green, and getting Wayne's.....I might just have to shit my pants!

theres NO TP so don't do that!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:07 PM)jason Wrote: I've never heard of Reader either... I'd never heard of Preston Brown either. Hopefully this works out better.

Well, merely having heard of players hasn’t been great for us either. Everyone knew who AJ Hawk, Karlos Dansby, TO, etc, were.

We added a guy in his prime that’s one of the best players at his position. There is absolutely no reason not to like this. But ofc that doesn’t stop people from crying about not getting the guys they wanted.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, merely having heard of players hasn’t been great for us either. Everyone knew who AJ Hawk, Karlos Dansby, TO, etc, were.

We added a guy in his prime that’s one of the best players at his position. There is absolutely no reason not to like this. But ofc that doesn’t stop people from crying about not getting the guys they wanted.

The logic was there for the Bengals to be active. They drafted top of each round and had huge cap space at the same time.
So much for Hobson’s 25 million in free agency.
They aren’t done given they still have $30+ million in cap space.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Bengals are done on defense. Floyd is a 3-4 DE but is similar to Lawson.

I like Logan Ryan CB and maybe Vonn Bell at S. safety. It would be ecstatic to get Ha Ha Dix. They could move Williams to backer role.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, merely having heard of players hasn’t been great for us either. Everyone knew who AJ Hawk, Karlos Dansby, TO, etc, were.

Oh no doubt... There's 53 guys on each team. I definitely don't claim to be up on every good player... Especially at a position like nose tackle.

Hell there was a thread about Leonard Floyd the other day, and some one called him a bust. First I thought to myself... How'd he end up on the Bears? I always thought he was really good. Then I realized I was thinking of Leonard Williams. Even then, I didn't know he wasn't a Jet anymore.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Finally, some action. Still need some OL and LB help, but great additions that will actually make a difference. Well Done Bengals, let’s keep this thing rolling.
Reply/Quote